Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corsair Vengeance Gaming Series

timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

They are quite new so there's few (if any) hands-on reviews around to find. I'm wondering if anyone has any hands-on experience to share about the series. I've ordered the M90, K90 and the 1500 headset. I recently found out about them and they just look perfect, so i went for it. Problem is that i have to wait for the next delivery (1/2-1 month). So, to satisfy my itch while i wait i'd like a discussion about them.

The line-up:

The link: http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-gaming.html

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I use Corsair Vengeance ram.  However, I probably would not use those headsets or keyboard.  They seem to be... lacking and uncomfortable.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by Cleffy

I use Corsair Vengeance ram.  However, I probably would not use those headsets or keyboard.  They seem to be... lacking and uncomfortable.

Please, elaborate. Why do you think they seem lacking and uncomfortable?

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I have worn plenty of headsets to know those circumural headsets with a heavy head band tend to get hot and uncomfortable.  The size of the earmuffs and materials will also start pinching the ears within half an hour.  Its plastic headband support also tends to break after a few months of usage considering there is no other support viewable on them.

The behind the head headsets like the other one have a slipping problem because they are predominantly held up by the ears.  After a few months of those breaking in, the material that keeps them squezed in starts to loosen causing them to fall.

The keyboards are simply that.  They don't look like anything special just a standard keyboard design on brushed aluminum.

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

I bought a Corsair HS1A headset just last month and I have to return it because of its weight. It's nice and comfy at first, but after a while, it starts to get heavy. Not to mention that the Mic piece also gotten lose for some reason. So I went to Fry's and exchanged it for a Plantronic headset (http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-377) -- $10 cheaper too for $39.99  (NewEgg sells HS1A for $89.99, which ridiculous because Fry's sells it for $49.99, so compare to NewEgg, I saved $40).

Corsair also made a PSU, and because of the brand name, I purchased one, 750W, when my PSU died. But the darn thing is so noisy and vibrates on my desktop.

I'm a fan of Corsair RAM, but I think they still have a lot to learn when it comes to other computer hardwares. So I'll be cautious in buying their other products.

Ready for GW2!!!