Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pretty happy with this build here

sienosieno Member Posts: 119

yea crossfire 6870 duels

phenom quad 975

1200 power supply

duel 64 hard drives 1 Tera a piece so 2 tera on it

liquid cooling  with push pull fans

and asus mother board 970image

8 gigs of ram 1600imageimage

You want loot? Go kill some npcs, you wanna visit hades? come find ME, and dont forget to bring coins for the ferryman,

Comments

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

How much did you pay for it though....

• sienosieno Member Posts: 119

yea 1800$ not bad  since the ram upgrade was free so that helped a little

You want loot? Go kill some npcs, you wanna visit hades? come find ME, and dont forget to bring coins for the ferryman,

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

$1800 is an awful lot unless you've got something special in there that you're not mentioning.  A huge SSD?  Multiple monitors included?  Because you've got no Sandy Bridge and no Cayman or GF110, or even GF114, so that's not the parts to get on a $1000+ budget.

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

yea a 2500k OC'd with a 120+ ggb SSD would of been the game winning play.

Still nice though.

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• BarbarbarBarbarbar Member UncommonPosts: 271

Originally posted by Quizzical

$1800 is an awful lot unless you've got something special in there that you're not mentioning.  A huge SSD?  Multiple monitors included?  Because you've got no Sandy Bridge and no Cayman or GF110, or even GF114, so that's not the parts to get on a $1000+ budget.

Stop raining on his parade.

• BarbarbarBarbarbar Member UncommonPosts: 271

It looks like a great system you got there. Your table looks smallish though, how can you not knock those speakers down when you play?

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I can see where the $1800 went into.  Its also amazing you don't have a dead system with it coming from iBuyPower.  They have a pretty bad rate of fails, although its an exageration to say its anything over 10%.  iBuyPower keeps their profit margins low, but they still will charge a premium.  Also they are pretty good with testing liquid cooling and OC befor shipping a product.

• 2x HD6870 $350

• Phenom II 975 $160

• 1200w PSU $250

• 2x 64MB cache 1TB HDD $240

• Liquid Cooling System $300

• ASUS AMD970 MB $100

• 8 GB Ram $75

• Windows $120

• Total $1595 ($205 premium for systembuilding)

There are definetly areas you could have optimized such as going with an Intel 2500, an 800w PSU, dropping an HDD for an SSD, or a bigger table; but it adds up.  As long as stuff didn't come loose from shipping it should last you some time.  Processor and Hard drives aren't actually important when it comes to gaming as long as it meets minimums which they do.

yea I picked up a cheapy table for now  probably after xmas and getting everyone gifts get a bigger table not a big intel fan even though they are good and alot of sense has been made here thanks 

Originally posted by Barbarbar

It looks like a great system you got there. Your table looks smallish though, how can you not knock those speakers down when you play?

it has a pull out table  underneath  for my key board and mouse lol the table is not small the monitor is freaskish

big j/k

Its a good build im not deny, but i personally could build this for way less.

• CatamountCatamount Member Posts: 773

It is a pretty sweet machine, and I think you'll be very happy with it (it's certainly faster than what I've got).

Just be aware that the next time you want to do computer stuff, we can save you some money so that you can get off with a bit more cash in your pocket afterward. Lessons for next time :)

That's all Quizical is saying; he's typically the go-to guy for computers... but not tact image

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

I agree, every build someone posts that they built or have this guy almost always will say how it could be better or bash them about it. Way to make someone feel good about their own purchases. The only thing that counts is the person happy with it. Telling someone they could have this or that is subjective. This guy said he was happy in his post, and this guy puts his build down. Not everyone will have the same ideas about hardware configurations as he does.

• EvilChemistEvilChemist Member Posts: 105

Quiz was nice enough to point it out, maybe he still has some time left to return some of that stuff and get more bang for his buck.

"LOL"

Originally posted by bezado

I agree, every build someone posts that they built or have this guy almost always will say how it could be better or bash them about it. Way to make someone feel good about their own purchases. The only thing that counts is the person happy with it. Telling someone they could have this or that is subjective. This guy said he was happy in his post, and this guy puts his build down. Not everyone will have the same ideas about hardware configurations as he does.

AGREES 100 %  with you yes I am taking everyones post seriously  and thanks eveyone far as quizz I am not taking his post as mean or upsetting or the other person who posted about raining on my parade I am not taking anything back pretty happy with it  ohh yea I left out the killer pro internal modem I have also  :)

• Originally posted by sieno

yea crossfire 6870 duels

Pretty sweet, but honestly I would rather have gotten a single GPU such as a gtx 570 twin frozr III for the same cost.

phenom quad 975

Again, great cpu but you could have cut costs a lot if you would have just gotten a 955 or 965 and either OC'ed it or left it alone seeing as that would have been fast enough.

1200 power supply

This is a complete waste. 1200w?! That's way way way overkill for this build. You could have easily gotten away with a good 800w.

I'm guessing you mean dual 64mb cache, that's great and all for I don't know what your needing that much space for.

Sounds good. I wish I was not to scared to do this myself :/ The water cooling always worries me..

and asus mother board 970

Not to familiar with this board, but asus is a quality brand.

8 gigs of ram 1600

Standard, but good speed

Conclusion:

If your happy with your build that's great, but you could have easily spent far less had you built it       yourself and just researced some information on the parts. Some of those are completely overpriced and overkill. I did this exact same thing about 5 years ago and spent about the exact same price, so don't worry too much on it. It should work for several years to come, but I would advise next time to do a bit more research first.

Originally posted by Nunez1212

Originally posted by sieno

yea crossfire 6870 duels

Pretty sweet, but honestly I would rather have gotten a single GPU such as a gtx 570 twin frozr III for the same cost.

phenom quad 975

Again, great cpu but you could have cut costs a lot if you would have just gotten a 955 or 965 and either OC'ed it or left it alone seeing as that would have been fast enough.

1200 power supply

This is a complete waste. 1200w?! That's way way way overkill for this build. You could have easily gotten away with a good 800w.

I'm guessing you mean dual 64mb cache, that's great and all for I don't know what your needing that much space for.

Sounds good. I wish I was not to scared to do this myself :/ The water cooling always worries me..

and asus mother board 970

Not to familiar with this board, but asus is a quality brand.

8 gigs of ram 1600

Standard, but good speed

Conclusion:

If your happy with your build that's great, but you could have easily spent far less had you built it       yourself and just researced some information on the parts. Some of those are completely overpriced and overkill. I did this exact same thing about 5 years ago and spent about the exact same price, so don't worry too much on it. It should work for several years to come, but I would advise next time to do a bit more research first.

yea I work to much to buld my own computer anymore :(   kinda miss those days where time I had to waste  *sigh*  the power supply I got incase I want to put in lights another fan etc I have the power to do so  yea I agree I went a little over kill on the power supply and hard space figure my phone music movies and such and games yes games   but good note I dont worry about hard drive space anymore  lmao

• Honestly I would have changed things a bit like I said, but I totally understand where your coming from with lack of time :/ Hey, atleast you got a computer that your going to enjoy and have fun with :) Hell, that thing will run games way better then mine will. Another advantage you have is that you at least had the guts to pull the trigger and spend the money....I have been researching for months and still have not gotten the guts to do it :(

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Pfft!  I have 3rd Gen cat hair in mine and that was free!   

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Your PC is a great rig.. But no1 here is posting to "bash" you in anyway, I dont know why people say Quiz bashes people. He just simply states what would be a better option just so for you to know.

Remember... KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! 

:)