Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Annoying graphics issue

PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

So I'm getting this weird anomaly when I play certain games. It manifests as a weird horizontal bar across the screen then has this flickering effect like it's processing a little slower, or showing the wrong part of an area. It's not really all that bad usually. Usually, when it's there at all, it's just a few pixels or so wide, so unless I notice it (hard to stop noticing it once I do) it's no problem. And besides, there's usually more than enough cool stuff going on that I don't care. But I was just trying to play Amnesia, and it got way out of control. Like a good half inch in width. Kinda hard not to notice it. And it moved up and down the screen too, so sometimes it would be dead in the middle of my field of view. It was making my eyes tingle, so I stopped playing. I really would love to get rid of this thing (I can't play Amnesia right if I'm constantly being bugged by this thing). Thoughts? (And like I said, it's only in some games, so maybe it's a compatibility thing and less of a specific hardware thing. I hope.)

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Try turning on Vsynch or forcing it through your NVidia/ATI control panel.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by skeaser

Try turning on Vsynch or forcing it through your NVidia/ATI control panel.

Thank you very much, good sir. Worked like a charm. Now I'm going to scare the crap outta myself.