Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is This Massive Enough For You?

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Photobucket" />

A picture taken ingame from the mmorpg Mabinogi from the OX Event.

Smile

Comments

• Havok2allHavok2all Member UncommonPosts: 190

By massive do you mean number of people on screen? If so, that really isn't all that many. I have seen events that took that number times 5 before.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

World of Warcraft expansion launch and pre-launch events anyone?

Patches anyone?

Compared to that, the amount of people in this screenshot is SMALL.

• genkiselgenkisel Member UncommonPosts: 22

EvE Online Pre Incursion launch fight in Yulai. That was massive.

"Its Hot Drop-o-Clock" Clear Skies 3.

• HardWalkerHardWalker Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by Havok2all

By massive do you mean number of people on screen? If so, that really isn't all that many. I have seen events that took that number times 5 before.

I've seen more than a hadful of games with open markets (no shop, no auction house, just people selling) with more people in them at any given time of the day. 

Hell, I've seen more people in the AH in WoW than are on that screen. That picture can't have more than 100 people in it. 

• futnatusfutnatus Member Posts: 193

Instead of complaints can this thread be turned into a "Pics or it didn't happen" situation?  Y'know, post something actually Massive if this doesn't satisfy you.  That'll be fun!

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Considering this is on the smallest channel I'd consider this to be a lot of people.

Guess you guys need to crash before you define the ammount of players on a game to be  massive O- o

Smile

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

That is a pretty massive bunny head... yes, it most definitely is.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

Originally posted by futnatus

Instead of complaints can this thread be turned into a "Pics or it didn't happen" situation?  Y'know, post something actually Massive if this doesn't satisfy you.  That'll be fun!

And I agree.

Post your pics of a massive ammount of players before you pick mine apart.

Also please don't compare to WoW -.-

Really they have 10-12 million people.

Smile

• Mister_ReMister_Re Member Posts: 142

^^Support^^

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I dont have pictures anymore but hell back in AC when the first opened up the marketplace there would be 100+ players in a small instanced area on Solclaim. I'm guessing there isnt anymore than 30-50 people in that picture which really is pretty small if its a "marketplace" type area. If its a server even thats even worse.  Hell the main hubs in Guild Wars right now have a whole lot more people than that in them at prime time.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

I wanna be like Gigabeast the Iron Beast when I grow up!

BOOYAKA!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I don't know the game, but that is a cool pic.

Here's one from my past.  It was release day for Cata, and tons were lined up waiting for the vendor to start selling the permit to fly in the original two continents.  An entire mob standing in a few square feet of space.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

When Lineage 2 was popular the main streets in some cities were clogged with market vendors, much more than seen in this photo.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• genkiselgenkisel Member UncommonPosts: 22

The following is taken from the Battle Clinic Site.

Yulai, Genesis - Earlier today a massive Sansha fleet under the direct leadership of Master Kuvakei invaded the Yulai solar system. The fleet included several super-capital vessels.

The incursion began at about 21.00 and early reports indicated that at least 1700 capsuleers rallied to the solar system in a bid to repel the attack.

Sansha Vessel Under AttackA wormhole was initially spotted in close proximity of Yulai’s sun triggering the response from the bulk of the defending fleet. Only a few minutes later, wormholes were reported above the second, the fifth, and the eleventh planet, extending the fight throughout the system.

During the initial moments of the attack, Master Kuvakei addressed the pilots listening to Yulai’s local channel: “I will give you all a moment to reflect upon the weakness of your separate minds...I hope your fleet is better prepared than your voices.”

Despite the efforts of the defending capsuleers, who managed to destroy at least three super-capital vessels, Sansha forces succesfully harvested plasma and core samples from the sun itself before opening what Kuvakei defined as a “conduit” to the Promised Land solar system, where the fleet was later reported by Horatius Caul of PIE and later engaged by local pilots led by Rodj Blake.

Clashes in Promised Land were less impressive than the ones in Yulai, mainly because of the smaller number of capsuleers that managed to reach the low security system: “We were unsuccessful due to a lack of pilots who were willing to risk their ships in low-sec space,” explained Rodj Blake.

At the time of writing, the Sansha incursion is still underway but seems to be winding down. Interstellar Correspondents will continue monitoring the situation.

and Pic for Proof

"Its Hot Drop-o-Clock" Clear Skies 3.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by Razeekster

And I agree.

So you want people to post pics...but you do not want them to post pics that have more people than in your shot there?

SB...servers crashed because of the number of people fighting.

EVE...you could go eat dinner and come back because of the lag created by the number of  people.

Atlas Park in CoH after they introduced /boombox.

SWG...getting off a shuttle and finding yourself muttering a prayer under your breath to get through that market.

AO...often during the Halloween events.

RIFT...where you had more than 2 raids per side fighting together while dealing with some of the events.

No offense meant, but compared to what a lot of us have seen - that is a pretty small gathering.  You do realize that in posting your thread, it ended up on the front page of the site - so it is going to attract the attention of people that come to the site...

...if you meant it only for those playing this particular game - the site set you up.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Originally posted by Razeekster

And I agree.

So you want people to post pics...but you do not want them to post pics that have more people than in your shot there?

SB...servers crashed because of the number of people fighting.

EVE...you could go eat dinner and come back because of the lag created by the number of  people.

Atlas Park in CoH after they introduced /boombox.

SWG...getting off a shuttle and finding yourself muttering a prayer under your breath to get through that market.

AO...often during the Halloween events.

RIFT...where you had more than 2 raids per side fighting together while dealing with some of the events.

No offense meant, but compared to what a lot of us have seen - that is a pretty small gathering.  You do realize that in posting your thread, it ended up on the front page of the site - so it is going to attract the attention of people that come to the site...

...if you meant it only for those playing this particular game - the site set you up.

I showed this happening at an EVENT on the SMALLEST channel in the game. I can show you where everone trades and compared to this picture it's 10x more people.

Jeeze when people are so critical it makes it unfun to even try having fun in the forums.

Smile