Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 Release Date Leaked

GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

Apparently they inteded to announce the release at Blizzcon, however info got pulled last second. For full info read artcile in GameFront. For those of you who just want the the date - Jan 17 2012. Enjoy!

http://www.gamefront.com/diablo-3-release-date-leaked-january-17-rumor/

Edit: Made sure that link worked.

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Cool :)

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

I saw this yesterday on Diablofans. Though I have no doubt that Blizz wanted to get the product out on one of those dates, I have a hard time believing it will happen. I read an article yesterday (which I now can't seem to find) that had an interview with one of the Diablo devs. In it, he stated what was still left to be added to the beta. To me, it seemed like it was enough that release would be February at best. Once I find it again, I'll link it.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    thanks alot for the link! im hoping they would release it around Jan though, because Tera will be release a few months after that :D

RIP Orc Choppa

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Don't believe anything until Blizzard announces it.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

I think you haven't read the full web article, The information they posted was info to be given out by Blizz at Blizzcon

1. Diablo 3 Release Date will be announced

2. Dates are tentative: November 24, 2011

3. Backup Q1 2012: Jan 17, 2012

What you are telling us here is that the first two will be wrong, but the last one will be right? Come on It could really be anytime in 2012. 

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

well, panda is already leak before blizz announced it officially

RIP Orc Choppa

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

Originally posted by Illyssia

I think you haven't read the full web article, The information they posted was info to be given out by Blizz at Blizzcon

What you are telling us here is that the first two will be wrong, but the last one will be right? Come on It could really be anytime in 2012. 

However everything else in the leak is correct. Do you really want to announce two date at the converntion? Probably not and it makes no sence to announce Jan 17th date because sky may rain fire and the seas will turn as blood and the date will be missed, thus you can simply announce it when you are closer to the date.

Granted all of this is pure speculation however at the very least I think this this gives a very strong guidance on what expected days are.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by arctarus

Mists of Pandaria was never 'leaked'  It was simply discovered that Blizzard had bought the domain and TM'd the name.  A leak implies that someone purposefully slipped information out.

As for the dates?  January is optimistic, VERY optimistic.  Since there was no date at Blizzcon, and it's only 10 weeks away, I'm going to doubt it will release on the 17th.  Could be surprised though!

• AmarisaAmarisa Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Eliandal

Originally posted by arctarus

Mists of Pandaria was never 'leaked'  It was simply discovered that Blizzard had bought the domain and TM'd the name.  A leak implies that someone purposefully slipped information out.

As for the dates?  January is optimistic, VERY optimistic.  Since there was no date at Blizzcon, and it's only 10 weeks away, I'm going to doubt it will release on the 17th.  Could be surprised though!

Yea *finger crosses*, I'm hoping so as well. 

If anyone missed this, the D3 collectors edition pre-order is available:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SZC5U/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=httpbetterand-20

*drools over boxart*

• DeViLzzz2007DeViLzzz2007 Member Posts: 107

I can't wait to make some extra money with this game possibly.

Money is the root of all evil.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by DeViLzzz2007

You and a million others, I suppose.

If it is as proffitable as gold selling there's bound to be sweat shops with people in low-wage countries grinding for certain items 24/7 and if you want to compete you have to do so as well. Probably prices will be low. Personally I am not appealed to the idea of working for maybe a dollar an hour repeating the same content over and over and over.

• DeViLzzz2007DeViLzzz2007 Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by DeViLzzz2007

You and a million others, I suppose.

If it is as proffitable as gold selling there's bound to be sweat shops with people in low-wage countries grinding for certain items 24/7 and if you want to compete you have to do so as well. Probably prices will be low. Personally I am not appealed to the idea of working for maybe a dollar an hour repeating the same content over and over and over.

Trust me I have the free time ... sadly lolol

Money is the root of all evil.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

The fact that they pulled the announcement could also indicate that the date has changed or theyre unsure whether they'll make it.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Urza123

However everything else in the leak is correct. Do you really want to announce two date at the converntion? Probably not and it makes no sence to announce Jan 17th date because sky may rain fire and the seas will turn as blood and the date will be missed, thus you can simply announce it when you are closer to the date.

Granted all of this is pure speculation however at the very least I think this this gives a very strong guidance on what expected days are.

Your a year early on the appoc. mate.  

But, I really wonder why they didnt annouce any date, with both of them so close.  Releasing a date will only drive up hype for the game.  I mean Nov. 24 is VERY close, and for them to not annouce that date says to me that they are not going to make it.  I think that the Jan 17th is the more realisitic release.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by marinrider

Originally posted by Urza123

Your a year early on the appoc. mate.  

But, I really wonder why they didnt annouce any date, with both of them so close.  Releasing a date will only drive up hype for the game.  I mean Nov. 24 is VERY close, and for them to not annouce that date says to me that they are not going to make it.  I think that the Jan 17th is the more realisitic release.

I am leaning towards Blizz not even making the second date at this point in time. Blizz should release WoW 4.3 early Dec so something new (ala Diablo 3) would be needed around the first of March. So my prediction is Diablo 3 in mid to late Feb.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Jan 17 would be nice but I figure Skyrim will tide me over regardless until D3 is released.

• lynshakelynshake Member Posts: 26

bump look forward it come out

• lynshakelynshake Member Posts: 26

it seems will come out in jan 2012 willing have a try