Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking ahead

I like to debate with people what games are going to score in there reviews before there actually released.  I know alot of people here at mmorpg and others around the interwebs always say its really stupid to even read reviews cause it dont mean that your not going to like it and vice versa.

I can usually guestimate within a few tenths of a point what the score is going to be around.  I havent put much work into determining what I think SWTOR will.  My favorite site for reviews FYI is gamerankings cause it takes all the viable ranking sites and puts them into a overall ranking. 

Without to much drama what do you think SWTOR will score out of 10/5 and why?  ME, Id say around 8.3.  Its been so long since any mmorpg has goton any good score I think reviewers will be dumbfounded on ranking SWTOR.  Some will love it and some not so much.  My first impression goes near 8.5 then after thinking of reality of things and how hard it is for mmorpgs to score well with reviewers I think 8.0.  So I take the inbetween of those to thoughts. 

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I never pay attention to scores because they can and will be manipulated if not by the community then by the companies themselves with large sums of money. I look at videos of the game on youtube before making a determination and unfortunately due to the lack of clear concise descriptions of the full range of features have had to resort to searching forum posts as opposed to actually finding unbiased and informative articles on game features pros and cons per game. It's the features in and out of the game that interest me now. Rift cought my attention for a short time with their dynamic events and talent trees but it looks like GW2 will be the game i'm with for a long time to come if they stay true to the path of innovation and player choice.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Originally posted by itgrowls

I never pay attention to scores because they can and will be manipulated if not by the community then by the companies themselves with large sums of money. I look at videos of the game on youtube before making a determination and unfortunately due to the lack of clear concise descriptions of the full range of features have had to resort to searching forum posts as opposed to actually finding unbiased and informative articles on game features pros and cons per game. It's the features in and out of the game that interest me now. Rift cought my attention for a short time with their dynamic events and talent trees but it looks like GW2 will be the game i'm with for a long time to come if they stay true to the path of innovation and player choice.

I know, this is a typical answer thats perfectly alright, I watch almost every review on youtube for a new game that I can. 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

LOL and the very first reply is a GW2 fanboy.

I predict TOR will get an 8 mainly because of its story and polish. Its hard to say how good the other aspects of the game are since we have very little info on it. I think I found maybe one decent preview on crew skills and it sounded really good.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by Foomerang

I predict TOR will get an 8 mainly because of its story and polish. Its hard to say how good the other aspects of the game are since we have very little info on it. I think I found maybe one decent preview on crew skills and it sounded really good.

Funny how fanbois call out other fanbois isn't it. :) All my friends who have played SWTOR beta say the same thing, they will last the first six months in it, if they don't add new content right away they will begin to lose subs. That's the best part of GW2 no subs to worry about :) Won't be going anywhere for a very long time while all the sub games have issues of revenue sources.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Well I seen one of the playtests where they had a group of people line up and start playing on alienware laptops which was really cool to see.  The team based combat looked killer but I think anything they show to millions of viewers is going to look killer either way.

Be nice to see some type of friendly system that allows groups of people to join up togather and use there skills effeciently to better them selves like in WOH(wrath of heroes) warbands.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by itgrowls

Funny how fanbois call out other fanbois isn't it. :) All my friends who have played SWTOR beta say the same thing, they will last the first six months in it, if they don't add new content right away they will begin to lose subs. That's the best part of GW2 no subs to worry about :) Won't be going anywhere for a very long time while all the sub games have issues of revenue sources.

I'm a fanboy because I gave TOR an 8? hehe ok. I can prob see myself playing for about 6 months as well. Id like it to be more, but that depends on how well the crew skills system hooks me.