Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

opinions on a new comp please

SomartSomart Member UncommonPosts: 61

hey all, looking for new computer found this 

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/lieutenant-intel-core-2600-60gb-bonus-package-p-52964.html?sort=2a

what you think? bare in mind aussie pricing. Need it to be able to handle upcoming games. Both MMO and singeplayer. Please dont tell me to build my own computer, cause ive had a look into it and i failed miserably cause i dont know shit. thanks in advance. xo

Comments

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    I think it would be best to upgrade after said games come out. There are many disadvantages to upgrading before a game is released and properly benchmarked and reviewed on various computer configurations. My advice: take your most highly anticipated (or most graphically intensive) game and focus on that release date for a date to start researching a computer purchase.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 24,851

Don't buy a computer that won't tell you what parts they use.  If you can't build your own, then try finding a site that will let you pick parts and then build what you pick.

• SomartSomart Member UncommonPosts: 61

Originally posted by Quizzical

Don't buy a computer that won't tell you what parts they use.  If you can't build your own, then try finding a site that will let you pick parts and then build what you pick.

Centrecom has actually stores around my area, i would be buying in person/ i was always going to ask about specifics on the vague descriptions :). And the reason im looking for a comp now is cause my existing one has finally decided it wont allow me to play anything, by randomly dying of old age. such a shame. such a waste.