Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribing

ViareViare Member UncommonPosts: 45

Just started a trial.. thinking of subbing for a month.. UNLESS,   I have to buy the "box" version of the game for 35$ first.. can anyone confirm this?  I cant just start my monthly subscription I have to buy the digital download for 35+ dollars EVEN tho i already have the full version installed?

Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge. A warrior cannot complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.

Comments

• MordragMOMordragMO Member Posts: 136

Yes, they expect you to buy the game before you subscribe and no, don't do it because you'll be very disappointed in about a week.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Viare

Just started a trial.. thinking of subbing for a month.. UNLESS,   I have to buy the "box" version of the game for 35$ first.. can anyone confirm this?  I cant just start my monthly subscription I have to buy the digital download for 35+ dollars EVEN tho i already have the full version installed?

I would wait until after your trial runs out before considering buying the game since you would otherwise loose your free trial time once you subscribe. I beleive you can buy the game on direct2drive for 20.00 which also includes 1 month free ame time so its not much more for the first month. Also attatching your facebook account to your mo subscriptin will lower the subscripton fee to.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by deathshroud

I would wait until after your trial runs out before considering buying the game since you would otherwise loose your free trial time once you subscribe. I beleive you can buy the game on direct2drive for 20.00 which also includes 1 month free ame time so its not much more for the first month. Also attatching your facebook account to your mo subscriptin will lower the subscripton fee to.

If you feel like paying for an admitted by the populous beta then go ahead but do the trial first.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Like most other P2P games, even if you can download the program for free, you still need the key for an account, which they usually charge you for.  The same goes with MO.

As Deathshroud stated, you can get the game for $23.95 at Direct2Drive, which is the cheapest price I'm aware of for the game: http://www.direct2drive.com/10694/product/Buy-Mortal-Online-Download

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Major population issues, even if you like the game

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SaunakillerSaunakiller Member Posts: 57

I´m having a blast ingame atm. I subbed for 6 months and lowered my cost even more. But go for one month if you wanna feel the game out more. But soon the territorial warfare patch will hit and then there will be blood!!! ;)

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Originally posted by Saunakiller

I´m having a blast ingame atm. I subbed for 6 months and lowered my cost even more. But go for one month if you wanna feel the game out more. But soon the territorial warfare patch will hit and then there will be blood!!! ;)

If it works.

Also if you are looking at their financials they do not even have enough money to operate for 6 months I would only do a month if you think it is worth paying for.