Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Case, power supply and graphic adaptor question

SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

I plan to build a complete new computer and most parts are set.

i5 2500(K)
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H
8 GB RAM (Corsair or similar quality)
2 TB hard drive

My issue is the struggle between a GForce GTX560 Ti and a Radeon 6950. Which one I should pick? And due this the power supply and the case is not set. The latter one should be a smaller one standing on the table, like a Lian Li PC A04B case.

I calculate the power supply in the 400 to 500 W range and it should have detachable cables to put unused cables away. Which good power supply will fit this requirements?

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353

If most of your parts are set, then what are they?  You only name two, and a motherboard usually shouldn't be one of the first two parts you pick.

Where are you buying parts, anyway?

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

I did not name the hard drive and the RAM because these components is up to daily prices and what is available on the stock of the seller. On the hard drive side I consider a Seagate Barracuda 2 TB.

As being swiss I have to buy the stuff in switzerland where a lot of stuff is not available. The only other option is to buy stuff in germany.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353

Give me a budget and a link to a web site and I could pick stuff out for you.  Do you need new peripherals, too?

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Me not need a budget now because I have already selected the stuff I want to build in.

My issue is only to select a good graphic card in the price range between CHF 200 and 300.- and then a fitting mATX case (which have also an impact on the choice af fitting CPU coolers) with a fitting power supply. The power supply must have detachable cables. I consider now an Enermax 82+ series power supply in the 400 W to 450 W range.