Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: 'Black Soulstone' Cinematic Trailer Released

2»

Comments

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

According to GameStop the game is set to be released on 3/1/2012...Well that blows if yous guys where looking for a Christmas release....

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/diablo-iii-collectors-edition/97853?loc=mostanticipated_row3_col1

• Bizze66Bizze66 Member Posts: 22

I too was unimpressed with the trailer. Diablo himself looks like a Buddha / Panda with a different head screwed on. Splash on some molten lava and plot that makes a Lara Croft or Mortal Kombat story seem brilliant. If this trailer sealed the deal for you to get this game then you need your head examined. Nothing revolutionary in this game so far. Diablo 1 was the best experience period because it was fresh, new, and exciting back in the days. Let's see something new Blizzard. Hire the people back that was fired or quit and turn the genre upside down. You've lost your "attitude" in the genre.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by DarkPony

Textures, lighting and all the moving flesh was great, storyboard not so much.

"Demon lord transports beautiful but nosy woman into his realm and explains her his devious plans"

Because that's what demons and evil masterminds do: explain their evil plans and share their knowledge with protagonists.

You'd reckon they could all have become great teachers if circumstances had just been a little different.

He was monologuing... image

the technical artistry in that trailer was amazing. Not sure I'm interested in the game but the trailer was worth a look.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

Oh yeah evil demons and the end of the world, at least Blizzard is coming up with something fresh and original.

I wonder what new race their first DLC will feature, Rainbow Unicorns or Rabbid Poodles?

• ZoulzZoulz Member Posts: 477

Haters gonna hate. Though you should probably not judge a game by it's cinematic, the actual gameplay looks amazing too.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

He refers to asmodan in the 3rd person. Perhaps he's talking about someone else.

This guy looks like Duriel, who was probably the hardest sob in D2 hell mode.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

I was to preorder the ce but with no authenticator inside im not interested at all.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by kakasaki

Textures, lighting and all the moving flesh was great, storyboard not so much.

"Demon lord transports beautiful but nosy woman into his realm and explains her his devious plans"

Because that's what demons and evil masterminds do: explain their evil plans and share their knowledge with protagonists.

You'd reckon they could all have become great teachers if circumstances had just been a little different.

Of course they do. That's evil bad guy 101, you always tell the good guys your plan...

P.S. Great trailer BTW...

LOL ty for that :)

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

I tried to hold the line, I really did. Stupid always on internet. Stupid shiny CE with a Diablo skull. They broke me. I pre-ordered the CE this morning on Amazon.

V_V

You fell for the cinematics trap or just the box art?

Just when you posted yourself in the picture the past weeks by frequent cases of open mindedness, clever observations and a sense of humor ... now this, WhiteLantern ...

It was the skull! The skull! THE SKULL!!!!!

Oh my, I'm so weak. I think the skull is talking to me.

Hmmm, the cinematic was pretty, though.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• fasteddie531fasteddie531 Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by onehunerdper

Anyone else see a resemblance to the bad guy from Monster Inc.?

Yes LMFAO .......

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Another nice cinematic for the Diablo series. Well done.

still not buying though

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Slashed316Slashed316 Member UncommonPosts: 151

WhiteLantern i couldnt agree more the Skull almost has me preordering

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I am surprisingly "meh" after watching this one.

I LOVED Diablo 1. I thought Diablo II was well done as well, but not as good as the first. I am sure D3 will be great also, but this particular cinematic was very underwhelming to me.

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

gameplay > graphics ....yea yea, but nice graphics don't suck

I hope I live long enough to play games where the gameplay graphics match what we see in these cinematics.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Amazing trailer, been waiting for D3 for god-knows-how-long so definitely buying it. :)

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by precious328

This guy looks like Duriel, who was probably the hardest sob in D2 hell mode.

Tank and spank for an Amazon with a high level Valkyrie tanking. ^_^

Agree he looks like him though.

In my personal experience Diablo in Hell has always been the hardest.

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375

Lord of the rings !

• ZenjinxZenjinx Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

I am surprisingly "meh" after watching this one.

I LOVED Diablo 1. I thought Diablo II was well done as well, but not as good as the first. I am sure D3 will be great also, but this particular cinematic was very underwhelming to me.

A few people have said that D1 was done better than D2. Are you sure you are remembering correctly? D1 was cool, but D2 is far superior in gameplay / graphics / fun-factor / and replayability.  Are you sure you are not remembering D1 with rose colored glasses? I guess it is just opinion though.

Very nice cinematic. Surely that is not Diablo though. One of his underlings maybe?

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

An impressive film, as usually, but still Diablo is just not any interesting gameplay for me. I'll later watch the films on youtube. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert