Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crashing, Freezing, and Invisible Enemies

I feel as though the Batman has hacked my interface as I run through Gotham attempting to commit various dastardly deeds. I venture out of the Tap Room to do a mission for the Joker. I fire my rifle at the cars driving by, just for good fun, and the screen freezes for a good 10-15 seconds as soon as the combat animation begins. this happens whenever I start to attack after a period of inactivity. I try to do the first boss instance (the Huntress) and as soon as I walk in I am accosted by invisible cops that force me to flee or be slain. I didn't realize GCPD had that technology. Then as I wait for in-game support and roam around the city aimlessly, the client suddenly crashes at a completely random time. I reload, and the process starts over again.

I love the DC Universe, but frankly its online incarnation is totally unplayable for me right now.

Comments

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

3 things. 

1. Evil always lags

2. better connection much? <--- next to never lagged.

3. is it F2P yet?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Tell us your video card,memory ,processor speed and operating system might help with finding out what is wrong.

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

GeForce 9800M GS

4GB RAM

Processor: Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHz  2.27 GHz

Vista

And Joshua, my connection's fine.  Also, no it isn't f2p quite yet, though you could've known that by looking in most of the other threads in this forum.

Oh yeah, and it's 64-bit, if that helps.

correct me if im wrong, but, didn't they say it would be in OCT sometime? its almost over. 

Also, I spent most my time in the "recent's" list. 

and with those spec's you should be fine. make sure there isn't a recourse hog in the back ground, also that you run it as administrator, that can fix a lot of crap too

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

You need a new graphics and vista 64 bit is actully very unstable and no one uses it.

Originally posted by charlespayne

You need a new graphics and vista 64 bit is actully very unstable and no one uses it.

That's helpful, but if you could be a bit more specific...  What's wrong with my graphics card?  It's not more than a couple of years old.  Also, how is Vista 64-bit so problematic?  Is that actually the problem?

I don't doubt that you know what you're talking about, but you didn't give me much to go by. 

anything Vista just sucks, its a background recourse hog. and has internal barriers that prevent crap from working correctly. 

Fair enough...  Well what about the video card?  Is that really necessary (in terms of an upgrade)?  Because if I'm going to update to windows 7, that's like 100 bucks right there.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

If you petitioned through the in-game petition system then you will be waiting a ver long while. You should use the out of game petition system, just go to the support page and send a petition through and they will get back to you quite quickly if it's a weekday and if they are awake.

This is not a game.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

get a student to get it for you or something, $30 then.

I did use the email support on the webpage, but it isn't a weekday.  And wth are you talking about, get a student to get it for me?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Hardanger

I did use the email support on the webpage, but it isn't a weekday.  And wth are you talking about, get a student to get it for me?

Most colleges in the U.S. have access to discounted software and operating systems. But getting a current Microsoft OS for $30.00 will be...

difficult unless you're willing to get a version only sold in third world countries.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

A geforce 9800 is pritty slow now compaired to top end games, and in the future you will require to do a upgrade becouse your card dousent have the power to handle games,

A nice 560 ti will do the job plenty and with dx 11 too so your future proof for a few more yrs.