Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XBOX 360

Comments

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

Originally posted by Phrequency

yeah its my opinion, so stfu.
    i cant wait till Bill gates dies. Even better would be if the maker of that gay box died bending over Bill Gates.

oh man i cant wait until you die. Even better would be if your mom (the maker of that gay kid (you) died bending over you.

• cornelious3cornelious3 Member Posts: 22
    I'd have to agree with you there considering the PS3 will have much more games because it will be able to play Ps1 games, Ps2 games, and plus the games they will have PS3 (duh!!)  And the playstation games are always better than all the other system's games.
  • GideonGideon Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by cornelious3
    I'd have to agree with you there considering the PS3 will have much more games because it will be able to play Ps1 games, Ps2 games, and plus the games they will have PS3 (duh!!) And the playstation games are always better than all the other system's games.

Would you really want to play any of the PS1 or PS2 games anyway? I mean they will have great games for both systems but I bet most people who get PS3 will not even think about playing their PS1 or 2 games again. Unless the games on PS3 were horrible, but I doubt it.

• Kud-DukanKud-Dukan Member Posts: 34

I'm getting an XBox 360 at launch this fall.  Some of the games they got ready for launch look very impressive, like Project Gotham Racing 3, Perfect Dark Zero, and several others.  Huxley (MMOFPS) looks awesome...I cannot wait to play that one, as well as Gears of War.  XBox Live is going to be amazing next gen.  I'll probably end up getting a PS3 sometime, probably not at its launch, but eventually.  I prefer the XBox over the other current consoles, but I'm in no way a fanboy lol.  I have a PS2 and a Gamecube as well.

I've looked through all the system specs for the XBox 360 and the Playstation 3, and on paper, the Playstation 3 seems to be the most powerful.  I heard a report a few weeks after E3 that the 2 Teraflops the PS3 is supposed to be able to achieve may infact be wrong, and it is closer to the 1 Teraflop like the XBox 360, but I need to find that link again to confirm it.  Performance wise, I think they will be pretty similar, so I don't think any system is going to "own" any of the others.  It's going to come down to what system offers the best variety of games.  The only thing that I don't like about what Sony does with there systems is that they tend to overhype.  The PS2 is not as powerful as it was originally claimed, but that didn't matter, did it?  It still sold millions of consoles.  Killzone 2, which I know alot of people have seen, was not in-game, despite what Sony says.  Even the makers of the game said that is what they hope the game will look like lol.  I'm hoping the PS3 has some cool online abilities as well, since alot of their games would be pretty sweet on something similar to XBox Live.

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805

That, and Xbox LIVE will be free on Xbox 360.

• Xbox live for free? They sure want us to get the Xbox 360 O_O

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Please don't say XBox 360 games are better designed and have better artists, cause really thats what the developer does, not the console maker.  So that part is really a matter of which developers want to work on the XBox 360, yet not want to work on a PS3.

Personally I would trust gunblade.  If he says something its probably true.  Anyways the XBox 360 looks cool and all, but if I was a game developer I would still look at the PS3.  When I went to e3 most of the people were all around the Sony portion of the convention center.  The XBox area had like 1/2 to 1/10th the people.  It's obvious who has the larger player base from that.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Xbox 360 will own Sony and Nintendo with the next gen consoles.

ESPECIALLY Nintendo.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Originally posted by BobCrazyton
    Xbox 360 will own Sony and Nintendo with the next gen consoles.
    ESPECIALLY Nintendo.

You make quite a strong and educated argument, i guess ill get a 360 now ::::12::

• SiphonsSiphons Member Posts: 445

Originally posted by Orcc
    Originally posted by BobCrazyton
    Xbox 360 will own Sony and Nintendo with the next gen consoles.
    ESPECIALLY Nintendo.

You make quite a strong and educated argument, i guess ill get a 360 now ::::12::

HAHAHAHHAHA::::18:: that made me laugh. personally PS3 looks more viable to me, seeing the history of released games for sony and microsoft, and I like the games sony puts out more. RPG's and the like.

---------------------------------------
    All you friggin suburban white kid wannabe poobutts that are in love with G-Unit are sad and pathetic. Find your own identity ::::28:: -Anarchyart

• PBskaterPBskater Member Posts: 228
    yea right Xbox 360 will kick the sh*t out of that piece of crap call the PS3. hahahahaha you made me laugh image
  • CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

I liked the power of the Xbox this time around but what really got me is its lack of diversity in games, I mean if you love shooting, sports or racing then you'll love Xbox, not to say they didn't have other types of game, just not very many. On the other hand PS2 had a more diverse game line up which in turn is what made me play it more often than Xbox.

But this time the PS3 will be far more powerful, and if it can keep its great diversity of games it should be unstoppable.

Even the Revolution sounds great, I really want to see this new controler they are talking about.  I think Nintendo deserves some serious credit here, they said that their machine is a gaming machine, thats all it does, and just as well, thats all it should do, no need for this other mutimedia crap, keep the basics at heart Nintendo.

But the Xbox360 I find to be lack luster, poor design and marketing desions in my opinion, but hopfully they will get more diverse collection of games for their next console.

Ultimatly I am thinking about not even getting a console again, just upgrade my PC, PCs are always better than consoles anyway, and every generation of console is just playing catch up the the last generation of PC titles so...

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• Fantom18Fantom18 Member Posts: 296

Originally posted by CactusmanX

I liked the power of the Xbox this time around but what really got me is its lack of diversity in games, I mean if you love shooting, sports or racing then you'll love Xbox, not to say they didn't have other types of game, just not very many. On the other hand PS2 had a more diverse game line up which in turn is what made me play it more often than Xbox.
    But this time the PS3 will be far more powerful, and if it can keep its great diversity of games it should be unstoppable.
    Even the Revolution sounds great, I really want to see this new controler they are talking about.  I think Nintendo deserves some serious credit here, they said that their machine is a gaming machine, thats all it does, and just as well, thats all it should do, no need for this other mutimedia crap, keep the basics at heart Nintendo.
    But the Xbox360 I find to be lack luster, poor design and marketing desions in my opinion, but hopfully they will get more diverse collection of games for their next console.
    Ultimatly I am thinking about not even getting a console again, just upgrade my PC, PCs are always better than consoles anyway, and every generation of console is just playing catch up the the last generation of PC titles so...

There are a couple good reasons to get a console over a pc even though there are 10x as more for the pc over console. A console sometimes has console specific games and don't cost that much for monthly. Another reason to buy a console is because once you buy it your set until the next one comes out, you don't have to buy another fan or buy another video card cus yours isnt good enough. Your set for at least 3 years with a console and maybe more which goes past a computer parts life expectancy cept for some parts. People also don't want the hassle of a computer saying error not enabling a certain tool or something and consoles are much easier for kids to use even in today's high tech world where kids are the more intelligent ones over their parents. All in all consoles and PC's have their ups and downs.

It is sad that someone would cut off their ability to meet a good portion of the world because of their ignorance against other people - Fantom

• GideonGideon Member UncommonPosts: 629

Note that you only get to play games on Xbox Live on certain days (I think weekends) when you have the free version. You can only do all the little stuff like chat with friends and other little things. The version you pay for is the version where you can do everything. At least they have a free live for those gamers that arent big time gamers.

Originally posted by Prid3r

Xbox live for free? They sure want us to get the Xbox 360 O_O

Metalfoxus and Prid3r are right in a sense. Xbox 360 will have a subscription known as silver that will be included with every 360 that enables people to go to the Live marketplace,talk to friends/videochat, and do everything else except play online multiplayer. I think in Game Informer issue # 146 it shows all of the options in the silver and gold subscriptions. It says that silver subscribers will be able to play online multiplayer on the weekends, but I don't have anything to prove that so I won't back it up but rather let you decide for yourself. If you already have a Xbox live subscription then it turns over into a Gold subscription for 360 so make sure your subscription doesn't run out before the 360 gets here.

It is sad that someone would cut off their ability to meet a good portion of the world because of their ignorance against other people - Fantom

• whiplashwhiplash Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Gideon
    Yeah, I sure do hope xbox 360 comes out with alot more rpg's to play becouse that was its weakness against the other systems.

I hope so to. That was the only reason I trade in my xbox for a PS2. I enjoy RPGs so much more than FPS. I will probably end up owning both systems, but probably not the PS3 for some time. Anyways, does anyone know which type of TV will be need inorder to get the most out of the graphics? I mean is it HDTV, LCD, etc. And please don't suggest plasma. It is way over the price budget.

Whiplash you will probably just wanna get a HDTV thats what xbox and playstation are gonna play on. I was looking into getting and hd monitor/tv the ones with pc/tv hookups so I can get rid of my sucky konka tv and my hp monitor.

• whiplashwhiplash Member Posts: 27

Cool thanks Fantom18.::::17::

• knightknifeknightknife Member Posts: 384

I Hear that the Xbox 360 will be harder or even impossible (so they say) to hack into. The normal Xbox was relatively easy to hack into (even easier with Xbox live).

For info on how to hack into an Xbox well nvm...

Dang i just remembered the Xbox 360 doesnt have usb ports like the first one because it only uses wireless controllers...we will have to get creative

• GunscytheGunscythe Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by knightknife
    I Hear that the Xbox 360 will be harder or even impossible (so they say) to hack into. The normal Xbox was relatively easy to hack into (even easier with Xbox live).For info on how to hack into an Xbox well nvm...Dang i just remembered the Xbox 360 doesnt have usb ports like the first one because it only uses wireless controllers...we will have to get creative

You can still get wired controllers...

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Hacking is for people who suck image

Knightknife the 360 has 2 usb ports in the front acctually making a lil easier to hack it. There will be someone that hacks it cus nothin is unhackable and then they'll make a lil guide or device. Xmods ppl will proly be one of the first to hack it cus they sell mod chips now and I was lookin into them.

Xbox 360 may have a music service. Unconfirmed reports have leaked stating that Xbox 360 will have a service where people can buy and/or download music onto their 360's from the internet or from their media center pc. The unconfirmed reports would support the talk of an Ipod or PsP hooking up to the 360. Microsoft has no comment at this time.

Xbox 360 may have a music service. Unconfirmed reports have leaked stating that Xbox 360 will have a service where people can buy and/or download music onto their 360's from the internet or from their media center pc. The unconfirmed reports would support the talk of an Ipod or PsP hooking up to the 360. Microsoft has no comment at this time.

It is official folks, The xbox 360 package will release for $399.99 and will come with the xbox 360 console, 1 wireless controller, 1 xbox 360 media remote, 1 headset, the 20gb removable hard drive as seen on the top of the 360 console, and the hook-up cables to the tv.

There is also the Xbox 360 Core package which will sell for $299.99 which includes the xbox 360 console, one wired controller, and the hook-up cables. So I guess you can go full out and get all the gadgets or go the cheaper route and get what you need to play for $100.00 less. In any form you get what you pay for. More updates are to come.

-F18