Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A player helpes out where a gm won't

MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

It is a hear warming story where a player helped another player when GMs would not.  please read the full thread.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/68031-wow-my-post-about-terrible-service-just-deleted.html

I'll settle the score, he lost 52 gold [in silver coins] due to server roll-back (after the server restart.) which he earned in the Necromancer event in Vadaa. The guy got guard-whacked for accidentally hitting a blue (Booern's being the guard-whacker.) Lucky for him, his fellow guildies looted his stuff and returned it.

Anyway I talked to Athanas then Discord myself, instead of being helpful and spending their time doing something, they decided to spend it telling me how Matts one of the coders says it's impossible for there to be a server-roll-back. That it is impossible for the items to disappear.

All I can say is that it was a colossal failure on the support-staffs part to replace a measly 50 gold, and that it is even more disappointing when a player [me] takes it upon himself to make things right. In other words, to make it better, I gave him my 50 gold to replace his lost 50 gold.

See that GM's a PLAYER made things better where you refused to!

PS: Gentoo87, if you attempt to pay me back I will kick your sorry arse!

There has been some issues latley with people losing thier stuff and gms saying they can not replace it because they do not know if they truely had it to lose.  I thought there was an item database system that logged items with ids you know the one they said they had to get dupers.  Can't that be used to find stuff that disapears?

Comments

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Thats because the team running MO is a bad joke and its a shame because with some real talent they could actually have a good game.

• MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

The thread was quickly deleted after this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodriTaliesin View Post

I'll settle the score, he lost 52 gold [in silver coins] due to server roll-back (after the server restart.) which he earned in the Necromancer event in Vadaa. The guy got guard-whacked for accidentally hitting a blue (Booern's being the guard-whacker.) Lucky for him, his fellow guildies looted his stuff and returned it.

Anyway I talked to Athanas then Discord myself, instead of being helpful and spending their time doing something, they decided to spend it telling me how Matts one of the coders says it's impossible for there to be a server-roll-back. That it is impossible for the items to disappear.

All I can say is that it was a colossal failure on the support-staffs part to replace a measly 50 gold, and that it is even more disappointing when a player [me] takes it upon himself to make things right. In other words, to make it better, I gave him my 50 gold to replace his lost 50 gold.

See that GM's a PLAYER made things better where you refused to!

PS: Gentoo87, if you attempt to pay me back I will kick your sorry arse!

If what you are saying is true then this is yet again another massive demonstration of either the support staff being clueless or the developers. Rollbacks aren't often but they do occur and you do lose shit out of your inventory, usually when it was traded or looted recently. Least that's when it has happened to me.

I can understand the support staff can't refund and a real sympathetic sincere apology should of been issued, to you and to the actual guy. Not some bullshit that mats said this or that. If Mats honestly did say that he should really get a kick up the jacksie because his wrong and apparently pretty clueless.

• PeckusPeckus Member Posts: 138

Thou shall not condemn Starvault on the forums.  Everyone knows how inept the MO GM staff is, this post actually but a positive light on the  MO "community".  Yet, still its deleted !!! 

Spamming "Post Report" Tool
    ...but if you spam or abuse the report tool, penalties will apply.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

They could have a policy that denies returning items. It wouldn't be improbable.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Orious

They could have a policy that denies returning items. It wouldn't be improbable.

they already do have that policy. Just in special cases they might return items but it seems to happen rarely.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• PeckusPeckus Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by deathshroud

Originally posted by Orious

they already do have that policy. Just in special cases they might return items but it seems to happen rarely.

So they have a policy which they may or may not adhere to? image Typical...

SV has returned everything from banned accounts to keeps/

Spamming "Post Report" Tool
    ...but if you spam or abuse the report tool, penalties will apply.