Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More info on Palisade walls from a GM.

MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

Here is the link to the official forum.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/67753-palisade-walls.html

GameMaster

default Palisade Walls

We do not deem Palisade Walls as secure, but rather a device used to slow an oncoming attack. No action or interference will occur from any member of the support team in reference to questions raised about unlawful entry to the Palisade area.

Logging out in a Palisade is not deemed an exploit, however this does not apply to houses and keeps.

Adding to this, if the InGame Support does witness an exploitation to gain entry, the appropriate action will be taken.

- Ingame Support.

My last report on this was reported and deleted.  I do not know why, this is on the official forums.  I guess certian people do not want the truth about the game getting out.

It seems GMs are not taking any action on people exploiting into walls.  I hope when the TC patch comes out it will be impossible to do so.  This has been a problem since there has been walls.  Maybe when the tier 2 walls come out it won't be able to pass through them.

I am not discussing how to do it I am reporting on a gm saying they will take no action on people doing it anymore.

Comments

• Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244

I guess my question is this.  If people know about all this corruption is happening and action, or in this case lack thereof, why are you still playing it?  I have seen many people so sick of Starvault and complain in their forums and here.  But if you are so truly disgusted, why are you not telling them how you feel by your actions and just leaving the game entirely?  End your subscriptions and just leave.  Simple as that.  As least from my standpoint.

• MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

I am not playing it anymore.  I am only reporting on it.  Or warning people.

• Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244

It's more of a general question.  Using "you" in the general sense.  It's cool that you're reporting though :)

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I guess when you can not fix a bug, the next best thing is to enbrace it and call it a feature. 

Bugged walls are working as intended, please stop reminding us of our coding incompetence. 

Will be very interesting to see how this new TC is implemented and if any bugs get fixed.  Would be terrible if they released it with so many game-breaking bugs (features, LOL) still in the game.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ShabaleShabale Member UncommonPosts: 44

If they fix it, it will probably be a work-around like many other fixes... people are duping using horses bag items transfered directly to bank ? Disable pet-to-bank transfer !

The current palisade bug involves getting on/off horse when you're facing a wall, I bet they'll just disable unmouting anywhere near a palisade wall.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

They fixed the issue the Starvault way:  Now only the gate owner can unlock the gate door.  The gate can no longer be opened from the inside.

This is an improvement in some sense, because one person can exploit in but he can't open the door for everyone else - requiring everyone to exploit inside.

This 'feature' turns out to be a real pain in the ass for legitimate entry and exit - if the gate owner is not online you are fucked.  Or you have to have dedicated key holders logged out which wastes a character.

• MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by psykobilly

They fixed the issue the Starvault way:  Now only the gate owner can unlock the gate door.  The gate can no longer be opened from the inside.

This is an improvement in some sense, because one person can exploit in but he can't open the door for everyone else - requiring everyone to exploit inside.

This 'feature' turns out to be a real pain in the ass for legitimate entry and exit - if the gate owner is not online you are fucked.  Or you have to have dedicated key holders logged out which wastes a character.

Ok so say you and a bunch of raiders follow a guy into his gates legally.  And the gates close behind you and you do not have the key.  You can not get out??  If so that is retarded.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by MONEWS

Ok so say you and a bunch of raiders follow a guy into his gates legally.  And the gates close behind you and you do not have the key.  You can not get out??  If so that is retarded.

In order for the gate to be opened, you have to make a key and unlock it.  When the gate closes behind it can be relocked, so in that case the people inside would not be able to re-open the gate unless they killed the guy with the key.  The people inside can always jump over the wall to get out even if the gate is locked.

It's a dumb mechanic I think, but it helps keep defense a lot by forcing everyone to exploit inside instead of just one person.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

Originally posted by psykobilly

It's a dumb mechanic I think, but it helps keep defense a lot by forcing everyone to exploit inside instead of just one person.

imageimageimage

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018