Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wait until the full NDA drops

I am really interested to hear reviews from players who have been in beta, not press. These reviews mean nothing to me. Does anyone know when the full NDA drops so we can see some of that feedback ?

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Originally posted by allegria

I am really interested to hear reviews from players who have been in beta, not press. These reviews mean nothing to me. Does anyone know when the full NDA drops so we can see some of that feedback ?

They haven't released any information on this... but... I REALLY want to release the information I have ready to go.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429

I only need to know two things:

1) Is this game as linear as they all have been lately?

2) Do I have a reason to grind gear, or is this game a faceroll fest like the rest of them?

I know SWTOR won't be anything revolutionary and I can live with that, but I want to play a game, not watch a movie.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by deniter

2) Do I have a reason to grind gear, or is this game a faceroll fest like the rest of them?

I know SWTOR won't be anything revolutionary and I can live with that, but I want to play a game, not watch a movie.

Why worry about those things...

This game is all about deing a hero in your own personall star wars movie... And from the comments i have seen today, its muchos fun

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789

So you really expect to get HONEST reviews from people in Beta here? Good luck with that. I wouldn't trust anyone that comes in here to post a review that doesn't A) have an axe to grind, or B) has their own agenda for/against the game they are reviewing. I would much rather see what the so-called professionals say about it first and then make my own descision.

There is another concideration as well.....what if those posting reviews aren't really in beta? I have already seen several phoney posts by people claiming to be in beta that weren't.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Gruug

So you really expect to get HONEST reviews from people in Beta here? Good luck with that. I wouldn't trust anyone that comes in here to post a review that doesn't A) have an axe to grind, or B) has their own agenda for/against the game they are reviewing. I would much rather see what the so-called professionals say about it first and then make my own descision.

There is another concideration as well.....what if those posting reviews aren't really in beta? I have already seen several phoney posts by people claiming to be in beta that weren't.

If you think the reviews that are released today were NOT signed off on by bioWare, well... That was my point. However most likely we won't know the real deal until a bit after release anyway.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

If you think the reviews that are released today were NOT signed off on by bioWare, well... That was my point. However most likely we won't know the real deal until a bit after release anyway.

yeah, I'm sure that they're all working for bioware, probably got paid lots of money to only release positive reviews.

(I'm being very sarcastic!)

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by Laughing-man

yeah, I'm sure that they're all working for bioware, probably got paid lots of money to only release positive reviews.

(I'm being very sarcastic!)

Actualy they are not. They only have limited acess to the beta so that they don't know more then BWA wants them to know.

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

Re/Previewers or even raging fanboy beta testers can give useful information. Just assume the game is 200% worse if they are a fan, or 10% better if they are a hater. :P

Fanboys will blindly defend a game simply because they easily fall in love with the most generic of things. The name of the company or game can be enough to draw one in and empty their wallet.

Haters, however, either want the game to fail for some reason, or are angry because they were promised much and were given little. These are generally more trustworthy because they will be called out on any misinformation. It's harder to embellish when the review/impression is spun in a negative light. You can test this by posting something positive with exaggerations about the game only to receive little to no replies, and then posting something negative with the same level of exaggeration. You'll be flooded with a shitstorm of angry puppets.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

This game is all about deing a hero in your own personall star wars movie... And from the comments i have seen today, its muchos fun

Then why is this an MMO and why didn't they make an SP RPG? If SW:ToR is all you say it is, why should I pay a subscription fee... or if I don't want to pay a sub... why can I only play this game for 1 month when I payed a full game price for it?

• Omega431Omega431 Member UncommonPosts: 92

Originally posted by Ethos86

Then why is this an MMO and why didn't they make an SP RPG? If SW:ToR is all you say it is, why should I pay a subscription fee... or if I don't want to pay a sub... why can I only play this game for 1 month when I payed a full game price for it?

Its an MMO because every hero needs some sidekicks :)

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

Originally posted by Omega431

Last time I checked, the hero's sidekick (likely a black guy, not being racist, blame Hollywood) wasn't doing his own quests to be the hero of the world. Instead of helping you. :)

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Personally i will buy it january 20th 2012, if the general consensus is that the game is awsome.

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

That's a question many of us are asking.

I would drop $60 on the game in a flash if it were a single player RPG KOTOR.

But as it stands, they want to charge $15 a month for a single player experience with some sprinklings of co-op features. I see absolutely no point in it, to be honest.

• Omega431Omega431 Member UncommonPosts: 92

Originally posted by Omega431

Last time I checked, the hero's sidekick (likely a black guy, not being racist, blame Hollywood) wasn't doing his own quests to be the hero of the world. Instead of helping you. :)

Minor Miscomunication :) Im sure bioware will come around to fixing that lol

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Well according to the reviews,  storywise it is very linear.  While I did see some to claim it was 'open' it seemed it was more so for exploration rather then actually questing and progressing. That being said, keep in mind...

1.) Reviews are for very early game, so that linear style might become less the further in you go.

2.) It is a bioware game, so chances are its probably done very well if your into that type of thing, its their specialty.

We have to wait and see really though just how far it plays out and make a better judgement, the best judgement being made when you as a player as it plays it, even if that should be waiting for the free trial to try the game out.

• ExostoticExostotic Member Posts: 26

That's a question many of us are asking.

I would drop $60 on the game in a flash if it were a single player RPG KOTOR.

But as it stands, they want to charge $15 a month for a single player experience with some sprinklings of co-op features. I see absolutely no point in it, to be honest.

Think of it this way. You drop $60 for one story line. Then you drop $15 for the 7 other story lines that you get. You may not want to play them all, but each one has a unique story. The way this game has been made has never been done. Each character story is exciting and well worth $15. 

my opinion, of course

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

<Rolling my eyes>  Seriously, what about the few reviews we've seen so far that haven't been positive?  Did Bioware just forget to pay them?  Did they not pay them as much as the other guys?  How do you account for those reviews?  

You guys and your conspiracty theories....so hilarious.

• ExostoticExostotic Member Posts: 26

BioWare has not kept any secrets about this game being very themepark. Expect to be guided through the game by a story. Don't think of it as "watching" a movie; think of it as "playing" a movie, or living a novel. The best games (imo) are like that. 

Edit:

You may be surprised how revolutionary it actually is. 

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Biggus99

Seriously, what about the few reviews we've seen so far that haven't been positive?  Did Bioware just forget to pay them?  Did they not pay them as much as the other guys?  How do you account for those reviews?  

You guys and your conspiracty theories....so hilarious.

Bioware clearly planted the negative reviews just to make their diabolical scheme all the more believeable.

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• semantikronsemantikron Member Posts: 258

Originally posted by Creslin321

Bioware clearly planted the negative reviews just to make their diabolical scheme all the more believeable.

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

dude, negative reviews only exist because of bias...

which is sort of like a virus.....

that you catch at a party on the wrong side of the tracks

Charr: Outta my way.
    Human: What's your problem?
    Charr: Your thin skin.

• lostkosslostkoss Member Posts: 149

These are not the point of views you are looking for.

*wave hand*

Have a sense of humor, no need to get ALL MODDY ! :) A Simpson's quote shouldn't be worth a warning. You are lucky anyone is bothering to read this rag.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Originally posted by semantikron 

dude, negative reviews only exist because of bias...

which is sort of like a virus.....

that you catch at a party on the wrong side of the tracks

Very much the same as Posative reviews. All the bias, so terrible. Sure they stand for different sides, but both are just as horrible as the other. 

Bias will exist in everyone, though how much exists will depend on the person. A lot of the reviews coming out are rather bias as it is posatively but there are some negative reviews that hold bias of its own. The middle 'grey' area tends to be where the true answer lies. Just followed the reviews, letting posative and negative help guide you (player sided btw, reviewers can easily be bought off) and you can often times find roughly where a game actually stands. Why not try finding someone who sits at the middle and can understand both the good and bad? Because its near impossible to find someone without any bit of a bias to sway their choice, even if its just minor.