Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOR is NGE2 for SWG. and Titan is WOW2 for Lucas Arts

123457»

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Draekmus

My personal issue with TOR is that it's simply not Star Wars... not as we think of it at least.

Where's vader? Tarkin? How about wise-crackin' Han Solo?

What about TIE fighters? X-wings?  ANYTHING iconic from the mainstream series?

... oh, right... the species, planets... and... uh.... OH LOOKY, JEDI! SITH TOO!

Ugh... I'm sure it will be popular, then slowly die off, much like SWG.  But, instead of being rushed and halfway fixed, we instead have a game that's Star Wars... but isn't.

Change the speices, planets, and names of the Jedi and Sith... and what do you have?

A standard Sci-fi game.

Anyway, in general, it seems that LA is trying to push us away from ANY media based around the Clone Wars, GCW.

The hideously-edited Blu-Rays (don't mind touchups and "additional scenes"... if you can disable them.), the poorly made Force Unleashed II, the strong focus on the Lego Star Wars series (2012 will see a Lego Knights of the Old Republic, I bet), and the sudden closure of a Star Wars MMO based in the original Trilogy.  Seems like a pretty nice set of coincidences, all things considered.

Yeah, because PINK FLYING EWOKS WITH PURPLE HEARTS and ZOMBIE TROOPERS was PURE Star Wars right?

How about that fishing update?

OMG, and that epic battle for Restuss.

Or like when R2 and 3PO went trick or treating on Naboo?

Remember when Luke was celebrating Ewok Love Fest?

Or like when Han was running away from that massive boulder and he dropped his hat and had to use his whip to swing across the opening?

See...my point is...SWTOR is 1000000% MORE Star Wars than the massive **edit** up SOEs game was. SWTOR is going to be essentially an "alternate" Star Wars where LORE actually means something...not some bastardized piece of **edit** where Devs sit around and see how much they can **edit** with the lore!

• BigCaliGuruBigCaliGuru Member UncommonPosts: 103

Luv this post. Pure anarchy. Lets stir TOR fans into a frenzy. BTW I'm playing TOR for the story, plain and simple. I dont expect it to be ground breaking or anything, I just want another KOTOR to play, and if I have to pay monthy for it then so be it.

• TheiskareotTheiskareot Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by Dalgor

Regardless of what I think of the rest of the post, I think its funny that you think Blizzard is ever going to release a sandbox game.

This says it all.

Sadly Raphs concept is dead... while I myself loved it, enjoyed it...  (NOT THE NGE) in SWG when it was prior to the jerking, trainwreck was very cutting edge on that level.

SWTOR is not SWG2 or NGE2.. trust me... there is nothing that was like the NGE in the gaming world.. nor should there ever be again if anyone is smart.

SWTOR is its own product be very clear on that.   Trust me there is no signs of the NGE in that game..  not to mention....it will be successful lol.

So yes please do not think you know... because clearly you do not.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I thought we were past the whole comparing SWTOR to SWG sillyness?

Because that's like comparing BF3 to COD3.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Originally posted by Draekmus

My personal issue with TOR is that it's simply not Star Wars... not as we think of it at least.

Where's vader? Tarkin? How about wise-crackin' Han Solo?
    What about TIE fighters? X-wings?  ANYTHING iconic from the mainstream series?

... oh, right... the species, planets... and... uh.... OH LOOKY, JEDI! SITH TOO!
    Ugh... I'm sure it will be popular, then slowly die off, much like SWG.  But, instead of being rushed and halfway fixed, we instead have a game that's Star Wars... but isn't.
    Change the speices, planets, and names of the Jedi and Sith... and what do you have?
    A standard Sci-fi game.

Anyway, in general, it seems that LA is trying to push us away from ANY media based around the Clone Wars, GCW.
    The hideously-edited Blu-Rays (don't mind touchups and "additional scenes"... if you can disable them.), the poorly made Force Unleashed II, the strong focus on the Lego Star Wars series (2012 will see a Lego Knights of the Old Republic, I bet), and the sudden closure of a Star Wars MMO based in the original Trilogy.  Seems like a pretty nice set of coincidences, all things considered.

Whose we? When I think of Star Wars I envision jedi,sith, bounty hunters, smugglers etc in a cool universe spanning thousands of years.The original trilogy is only a tiny piece of it and we know how that story goes. The Old Republic era is just as much Star Wars as the original trilogy is. George Lucas is the only person who dictates what is Star Wars, not you.

I think of creature handlers and bio engineers