Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patriarch Forum to be replaced by equally ignored forum!

MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

Fox news did not bring it to you I did.....

The Patriarch forum was made for guild leadership to come together and discuss ideas, and then SV to respond.  The latter rarely ever happened.  Some believe the forum was made to appease big guild leadership.  Just like the bugtracker the forum was never addressed by SV.

Opal with his new hardline of forum moderation wants to get rid of the forum.  I am sure he believes they are allowed to talk about the game in a light he does not want shown.

How do we know this new "serious discussion forum" will be addressed by the devs if the Patriarch forum was not??

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/67914-future-council-patriarchs.html

Community Manager

default Future of the Council of Patriarchs

Hello Everyone,

I would like to start a discussion about the Council of Patriarchs and try and get an opinion from everyone what they think of the entire program. I think that it has not always met the requirements asked of it; both by Starvault, and the community at large. So while it was a nice idea at heart; in practice it was not quite what was intended.

As such I would like to hear the opinion of the community at large about that section. At the same time, I do understand that there is a need for the kind of discussion that might occur there, and just closing the section is hardly a solution.

Would there be an interest in a "Serious Discussion" section of the forums, that unlike the Patriarch's section would be the place where anyone could join in and discuss, however at the same time with harsh rules. That way the community at large would have a place to ask the hard questions that otherwise would be out of place anywhere else on the forum.

Please, I want to hear everyone's suggestions and opinions.

Comments

• MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

Old Today, 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Opal View Post

I would like to avoid selecting some sort of "Special Crowd" again for something like this. First of all how do you make that distinction; who deserves access and who doesn't, it's a slippery slope that starts to erode the initial intention right from the onset.

Opal - quick example of the forums at work: My ghost scouting poll is sitting at 136 to 17 against the ghost scouting mechanic. SV has done nothing. It has been a problem since release.

Why do you need a special forum when you can throw up a poll in general or feedback and get everyones opinion?

We don't need a guild-leader only forum, we don't need a special forum. FIX THE BUGS.

• PeckusPeckus Member Posts: 138

More Starvault lip service to feign action.  So they'll rename the Patriarch forum and further increase moderation in hopes of improving the game???? image     Starvaults plate should be full with already know issues.

Spamming "Post Report" Tool
    ...but if you spam or abuse the report tool, penalties will apply.

• Angrysu11yAngrysu11y Member Posts: 9

Black Opal is Shinzon and Talwin is Sindas

All of their mod staff consists of Aegis Imperium members who couldn't cut it in the game (even with Dev and GM support) so they became mods.

-  AI guild is the first guild to kill risar chieftan after release (devs give them special access right to the chieftan) The Dev Challe tells AI the Los Banditios are waiting so they made Shinzon log out.

- CIR member finds 3-4 rubars in AI's palisade and no explanations are given (corrupt as butt doodie)

They are slaves to SV for life.  Get some or get dead.

This game is dirt and more and more peeps are realizing it.

Originally posted by Angrysu11y

Black Opal is Shinzon and Talwin is Sindas

All of their mod staff consists of Aegis Imperium members who couldn't cut it in the game (even with Dev and GM support) so they became mods.

-  AI guild is the first guild to kill risar chieftan after release (devs give them special access right to the chieftan) The Dev Challe tells AI the Los Banditios are waiting so they made Shinzon log out.

- CIR member finds 3-4 rubars in AI's palisade and no explanations are given (corrupt as butt doodie)

They are slaves to SV for life.  Get some or get dead.

This game is dirt and more and more peeps are realizing it.

I remember the rubar debacle. 

Wasn't the excuse, a gm needed money to buy something but they could not create gold.  They placed some rubars inside the palisades to pick up to sell for gold.  And they mysteriously fogot some?? 

AngrySully do not forget when the Prom alliance stole AI's first keep spot 3 gms and Henrik himself (who was sleeping at the time and I guess it was importan enough to wake him) showed up and said they were rolling the server back. 

Shinzon and Sindas are both masters at manipulation.  Doesn't anyone think it is funny people they do not like in game are banned from IRC and the forums..

Unread Today, 18:03

Challenger

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobzer77 View Post

Talwin doesn't help as soon as he decides he doesn't like you, Bathory can't do anything for all the good intentions in the world.

/this

[AQ]Scarecrovv aka ENIGMa[/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSX4pAriGME

Rep Power: 3 SOFWarrior is an unknown quantity at this point!!

Before deciding on the fate of the Patriarch's forum, or the possible creation of a different forum, I think SV really needs to ask if such a thing is necessary, and if so, what specific purpose they intend to use it for. Once that's answered, they can tailor the format to facilitate that purpose.

Many of us probably hoped that the General Discussion section and the Feedback section were both "serious" in the eyes of SV, but that has rarely been the case.

In considering a new section:

What does SV want to get out of it?

What do the players hope to get out of it?

As has been stated many times in this thread, if the devs do not intend to participate in or make use of such a forum section, it will be pointless, like talking to a brick wall, as has been the case in every section here, not just the Patriarch section. Just like the old bug tracker that the devs ignored, there is no point in creating a new section intended to give players the illusion of being heard, when in fact they are not.

I've always thought that limiting participation in special forums to the "major" guilds in the game was foolish. As we have seen, there has been an overriding focus catering to guild desires throughout the development of the game, which continues to this day as territorial control trumped the desires of the general populace concerned with AI, GUI, trade tools, etc. The general population is concerned with foundational level weaknesses in the game, not just the guild-oriented ones (before anyone says "they could deliver it very quickly", how long have they been working on it so far, and when will it be out?).

As far as "serious" discussion is concerned, what is there really to discuss? Development seems very limited, and goes too slowly to merit a special section.

As far as I'm concerned, the best dialogue I've seen between SV and the playerbase has been when specific issues were highlighted by Opal, in which he solicited specific feedback or opinions about that issue. I think that can be done adequately in the General Discussion or the Feedback sections already in existence.

Otherwise, unless the devs desire a special section they intend to really participate in, as well as listen to, I think the Patriarch's section should be canceled without being replaced.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Well we already saw that Black Opal threatened to close the patriarch forum, would this be an attempt to do so with limited reprecussions or something? 

I mean he's asking those not allowed in the forums if the forums should be changed to something everyone can get into.... that would be like asking "who wants free money?" it's not likely many will object thus he can say .... "Well I closed it because the community wanted me to..."

I could be wrong but thats how it looks to me. 

Facts that lead me to believe this...

1) Black Opal just recently threatened to have the Patriarch forums closed. 

2) Black Opal is now asking people not in the forum if the that forum should be closed and if something open to everyone should be used instead.  

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Well we already saw that Black Opal threatened to close the patriarch forum, would this be an attempt to do so with limited reprecussions or something? 

I mean he's asking those not allowed in the forums if the forums should be changed to something everyone can get into.... that would be like asking "who wants free money?" it's not likely many will object thus he can say .... "Well I closed it because the community wanted me to..."

I could be wrong but thats how it looks to me. 

Facts that lead me to believe this...

1) Black Opal just recently threatened to have the Patriarch forums closed. 

2) Black Opal is now asking people not in the forum if the that forum should be closed and if something open to everyone should be used instead.  

I had the very same thought.  He is a smart man he is playing the fanzealots like a fiddle.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Basically what he wants is a forum when he can go full damage control, labeling undesired posts as "non-serious" and getting rid of last Maerlyn remains. I can almost see what will happen, with new forum up, devs beeing active in it for couple of weeks, community getting hopes up and then it all going down the drain again, as it did with Patriarch forum.

Current "customer" forums seems to work fine to me, the root to any "unserious" by Shinzons definition discussions lies in the games issues, not community issues. Fix the game and you will have fixed community, which can't be fed on empty promises for ever.

Smart move Shinzon.. Beyond me how any company that would consider it self at least any serious would allow such dictatorship on the forums, censored to death by one single guild. What needs to be done is a complete mod wipe of anyone with past or present ties to AI, and selection of new moderators (not just give old ones new nicknames, as you done in past, make it public this time). There are plenty of active and helpful players who got nothing to do with AI. Kootenay (is he even active?) might not be the most unbiased mod, but at least he is not AI -_-

MO really seems to me as a sinking ship, where someone throws out a distraction time to time, in form of new dev post in spirit of "we are listening to you", or a trailer and then it all goes silent for a month.. Shrug.. we will see I guess, how TK comes out. By all means, add the new forum, split community further up.

Old Today, 03:53

Community Manager

Quote:

Originally Posted by forcem View Post

you, black opal, do a great job when problems with archery and mounts after dawn, you should make more "official" threads to put serius opnions about things.

This is also a good alternative, this thread itself is a good example; and overall I am very happy with how all of you have risen up to the occasion in your own way. I also agree with the line of thinking presented by those who say "Does a new forum section really add anything"; overall nothing new really.

Instead of creating a new section, a better idea would be to close the unnecessary ones and pay attention to the whole more. However everyone seems to be in agreement that the Patriarch's section should be removed all together.

I must applaud you Shinzon, well played very well played.  I know you did not like the patriarch forum because people had a little more lattitude to talk about the broken features of the game. 

Now you can moderate more saying the post were not "serious: enough.

Your ingame pvp and trying to control people failed.  Boy o boy is it working on the forums.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Given recent information, it does not appear they will be replacing the Patriarch's section of the forum - they will simply eliminate it as it is no longer useful.

The title of this thread is both erroneous and misleading.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

@ Rohn actually it is not.  At the time I reported this he was talking about a new forum per my quote of him.  He has decided to just get rid of it.   Or do you want thread titles to change because information that was reported at the time of the title has changed days later?

Side note.  Can you answer any of the questions I have posed to you in other threads?

Unread Today, 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Opal View Post

This is also a good alternative, this thread itself is a good example; and overall I am very happy with how all of you have risen up to the occasion in your own way. I also agree with the line of thinking presented by those who say "Does a new forum section really add anything"; overall nothing new really.

Instead of creating a new section, a better idea would be to close the unnecessary ones and pay attention to the whole more. However everyone seems to be in agreement that the Patriarch's section should be removed all together.

I like the idea of official threads on topic 'x' but you are going to need a LOT of threads for all the issues

I will be waiting patiently for all these new "serious" posts about much needed broken features to be fixed or core features to be implemented to the game that do not exsist.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by MONEWS

@ Rohn actually it is not.  At the time I reported this he was talking about a new forum per my quote of him.  He has decided to just get rid of it.   Or do you want thread titles to change because information that was reported at the time of the title has changed days later?

Side note.  Can you answer any of the questions I have posed to you in other threads?

That's why it's a good idea to wait and get all the facts about a subject before rushing to judgment.  Opal was soliciting opinions, and so far most agree that it does not need to be replaced.

Again, the thread title is misleading, in that it appears the section will not be replaced.  Even if it were, it's impossible to say that it would be ignored - that's pure speculation.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

@ Rohn

Actually I am going by track record not speculation.  The P. Forum was supposed to be an open line of communication between guild leaders and SV.  SV pretty much ignored it.

The bug tracker was ignored.

If you read the thread many of the players also said why do we need another forum for SV to ignore. 

It is missleading in no way if you follow SV's track record.

Case in point

Projects: 4

Bugs: 43

Responses: 2

43 bugs reported and 2 responses. 

What you are missing here is there is already a feedback section (which is ignored) So why does there need to be evena  thought of another forum.  This is just a way to get rid of the P. Forum and another way to increas moderation under the guise of threads being more "serious".

• RegorzRegorz Member Posts: 13

I hope they make the patriarch section public before deleting it, I want to see what they talked about in there.

Originally posted by Regorz

I hope they make the patriarch section public before deleting it, I want to see what they talked about in there.

I was a member of the Patriarch forum for a bit.  It is not much different from the regular section excoet they were given a little more latitude in talking about the crap features of the game.

The one bad thing about the forum early on when there was a healthy population.  Big guilds threatened SV to put certian things in game or else.  And SV capitulated and put place holder buggy messes in the game.  The current TC being one.