Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

f2p date announced.

KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

According to this video.

Link

The guy states the release for f2p on October 19th.

not sure if it's a mistake on his behalf or the truth.

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Originally posted by Kokomobl

According to this video.

Link

The guy states the release for f2p on October 19th.

not sure if it's a mistake on his behalf or the truth.

Seems legit, i hope this will breathe new life into the EU servers, gonna level up a new char when F2P hits.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310

I really hope this is legit. The game needs a shot of new blood. Things picked up with the server merge and again with FftL, but lately its been getting quieter.

Update 5 didn't add much for the non-raiders, so hopefully they have a sweet little present for us when F2P goes live.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

F2P all good.

But these guys are still stuck on a figure of $14.99 a month for the legendary sub? Why, $14.99 why not something like $5 a month. That way much more people will sign up IMHO.

In fact if they had a monthly sub of about $5 on release they may not have had to go to F2P now!   Why all MMOs must be priced eqaully regardless of their quailty is the reason some just crash and burn to F2P mode.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I intend to DL this on my PS3 when it goes FTP.

They picked a bad day though for DC fans as the new Batman game launches on the 18th. I grew up a Marvel fan, but man Batman:AA was probably the best superhero game ever made.

I still am looking forward to trying out the DC MMO though. Hopefully there are a number of characters I will still recognize.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

Originally posted by VultureSkull

F2P all good.

But these guys are still stuck on a figure of $14.99 a month for the legendary sub? Why, $14.99 why not something like $5 a month. That way much more people will sign up IMHO.

In fact if they had a monthly sub of about $5 on release they may not have had to go to F2P now!   Why all MMOs must be priced eqaully regardless of their quailty is the reason some just crash and burn to F2P mode.

You can sub for 10$ if you are willing to pay for 3 months at a whack. Kinda like buy 2 get 1 free.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100

are there more people on the pve server im on the pvp one right now and I have seen 2 people in a week.......

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

Originally posted by Crusix221

are there more people on the pve server im on the pvp one right now and I have seen 2 people in a week.......

Most people mon the EU side tend to chill in the PvE Phase.

Not sure on the US servers.

and right now Heroes outnumber villians :(

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I will be getting this as soon as its available free on the PS Store, may even buy the 14.99 month if I end up liking it.

The beta was enjoyable for me but I never picked it up and by the time I was going to this had been announced, I guess there are a lot of people waiting on it going free before trying it out.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

Really excited for this.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Will we be getting legendary sub with SoE all access pass? i just bought 3 months of that a month back to play Vanguard mostly but also DCUO every now and then.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

Originally posted by Proson

Will we be getting legendary sub with SoE all access pass? i just bought 3 months of that a month back to play Vanguard mostly but also DCUO every now and then.

Fine print from the SOE pay structure page:

LEGENDARY ACCESS

Legendary Access requires the purchase of a monthly game pass (subscription) ($14.99/month) or the SOE All Access pass (subscription) ($19.99/month). At the time the game transitions to free-to-play, all existing DCUO accounts with active paid subscriptions will be granted Legendary Access. Legendary Access will also be granted to any player that activates a 30-day free subscription associated with a purchased copy of the DCUO base game software. Legendary Access will automatically convert to Premium Access at the end of the subscription period if it is not renewed. Additional items and features (e.g., in-game marketplace items and additional inventory slots) are not included and must be purchased separately.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

^ Thanks for the info! :)

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• AliGeniusAliGenius Member UncommonPosts: 32

This game looks gold. I hope the power sets expand to be more versatile, but as soon as it goes free I'm buying the light powers add on.  Anyone want to be my buddy and send a key, my email is [email protected]

• Ic3CroWIc3CroW Member Posts: 11

I don't think that they would still say its 'Coming Soon' when its almost 2 days away... although i hope im wrong, and maybe they are just so bussy that they forgot to update the site? lol

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

Damn, i all my bets where on day 20 but well... one day earlier is always good.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

I am afraid RadarX has stated that the 19th date is just speculation, and that SOE has not announced any date yet.

• skulljoeskulljoe Member Posts: 89

What a CR said on the official forums:

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?start=30&topic_id=34796

image RadarX image

Community Relations 

Comixfan wrote:

Shadowman wrote:

Well yets wait if it really starts at 19 Oct.

There isnt a real announcment for that day yet.

Did you even watch the interview? The interviewer said, quite clearly, October 19.

Until you see an official announcement from us, I would take that with a grain of salt.

Seems it wont happen that soon

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

....19th..................no f2p..............try again........next week ?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by skulljoe

What a CR said on the official forums:

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?start=30&topic_id=34796

image RadarX image

Community Relations 

Comixfan wrote:

Shadowman wrote:

Well yets wait if it really starts at 19 Oct.

There isnt a real announcment for that day yet.

Did you even watch the interview? The interviewer said, quite clearly, October 19.

Until you see an official announcement from us, I would take that with a grain of salt.

Seems it wont happen that soon

Here's another quote from them from yesterday

"This information was gained from an interview with G4TV's X-play and is what I'm referring to when I say I won't treat it as fact until we get an official announcement up"

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

And once again my hopes in the trash.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Originally posted by Kabaal

Here's another quote from them from yesterday

"This information was gained from an interview with G4TV's X-play and is what I'm referring to when I say I won't treat it as fact until we get an official announcement up"

Originally posted by Zolgar

Apparently the release date being tomorrow (the 19th) is just a rumor. 

SOURCE: http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuops3/posts/list.m?topic_id=35026

I've stated on a number of occassions that we have not announced a date for the Free to Play transition. Until a date comes from an official SOE sources (Wikipedia is not an official source) then I would take anything you read with a grain of salt. We should have more for you as soon as possible.

He then goes on a few posts afterwards to flat out say, "It's not the 19th."

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• Sumo79Sumo79 Member UncommonPosts: 21

That sucks.  Was really looking forward to checking this game out.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

"I'm not worried about the money" lolz

I bet he isn't!!