Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An observation on GW2 bashing.

Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

I find these arguments amusing at best. What is the true underlying reason for these silly discussions? I believe it is fear that drives these naysayers for GW2. GW2 is going to set the mmo genre on it's head and the wowser, holy trinty and grind for uber gear people are terrified.

The time of old style mechanics are at an end. Hopefully a fresh new chapter of mmo's is beginning. This fear is generated because skill and creative thinking are coming back and the "tab,1,2,3,4 zombies" fear that they will not be able to compete in the mmo arena if the GW2 trend continues and it sets a benchmark for future development.

On top of that fear another issue is the timing of their messiah of the tab,1,2,3,4 SWTOR being released and being compared to GW2. SWTOR is getting black eyes like a double d blonde with no bra riding a motorcyle at 150 mph. for its stale rendition of the wow formula.

All you pale skinned 90lb. basement dwellers that fear actual skill and creative thinking on the battlefield embrace the future and face your fears. You can be viable in this new era.

I have faith in you and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Salute

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

This thread is not going to end well...

The reason for these silly discussions... is people making posts like you JUST did.

Honestly... the irony of it... it's delicious.

• merokhmerokh Member Posts: 8

Really?  GW2 is an FPS you dont have to hit 1,2,3,4?

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I'll be a very happy gamer if GW2 is a good game and doesn't suck as bad as GW did.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

It's true.

I hear even Jesus will come down from heaven to play GW2. He too, prefers teleporting over donkey rides and is a staunch proponent of a main game world without player conflict.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Unless you are in the alpha do you have the same problem the bashers have: You don't really know how good the game will be, particularly long term.

Taking away quests, the trinity and focus on gear might work fine but we can't be sure, the game might turn boring after 6 week like so many others did.

It will be very interesting to find out of course but deciding how something is before you tried it is stupid, no matter if you hate or love it. Particularly if you didn't like the original GW even if GW2 is different.

Give praise to the day at evening, | to a woman on her pyre,

To a weapon which is tried, | to a maid at wed lock,

To ice when it is crossed, | to ale that is drunk.

Håvamål

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by merokh
    Really?  GW2 is an FPS you dont have to hit 1,2,3,4?

I press 1,2,3,4 in fps games. :/

BOOYAKA!

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

Yea being a fan of both games you did nothing here but start another thread that is going to have both SWTOR and GW2 Fans claiming why their game is better.

I will have to agree with Spoc.

imageimage

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dark_SkuraiDark_Skurai Member Posts: 106

I only ever make some comments on the game, some negative, some positive.

And then GW2 fans jump down my throat for not kissing the feet of their gaming messiah. The fans are rabid, and take any sort of critisim as pure hate.

FFS! I can't wait for it to come out myself!

• Servant-XIIServant-XII Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by kasta

I'll be a very happy gamer if GW2 is a good game and doesn't suck as bad as GW did.

You know, I'm not surprised that there are a lot of unfounded, highly-opinionated-not-backed-up-with-fact statements like this on this kind of forum. Blanket statements that really say nothing about nothing.

I liked GW even though I don't like the fantasy genre. They are taking the old played out concept in so many fantasy genres and shaking it up in GW2. No more gnomes, elves, and dwarves running around for the 50 millionth time. Something actutally fresh and new in that respect let alone the whole game system. I'm looking forward more so to the creative aspects of the game like dynamic events and personal stories. Again, this is coming from someone who is not a fan of fantasy genre games...but I'm diggin this one. A lot.

The hard truth is that a large number of players in MMOs are the least when it comes to creative thinking  and you can see this in their play style: grinding, farming, zero bios on their characters, standing around talking about other MMOs in the game...just a vast waste of time and in my opinion, just plain stupid. This is not to say doing this at all is wrong. There's a time and a place for that of course. But you know what I'm talking about: the same people talking about the same thing almost day in and day out in the same place in the game. You can do that on a chat program. Spending $14.99 a month to do that is just plain idiocy.

GW2 will shake some things up. The question remains rather they will have enough solid content to keep people interested...the ones that read and listen at least.

CoH Supergroup: The Millennium Paladins

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

OP, you are a [QUALIFIER #1 HERE] and a [QUALIFIER #2 HERE] : everyone knows that [GAME #1 NAME HERE] is way better than [GAME #2 NAME HERE]!!!

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Ugh, this is a touchy subject. Try posting this on the SWTOR forums and see the reaction there. At least here the GW2 fanatics are paying visits and my support your post, but there,,,RUN!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Timukas

Wanted to report OP for trolling but it has been done already. Have a nice day etc :)

That's not trolling, flamebait at best.

Still, it is a rather boring topic that have been talked to death about GW2, TOR and a bunch of other games.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Saxx0n

I believe it is fear that drives these naysayers for GW2.

its not fear

many players get sick of hype (regardless if its true) and post accordingly

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Sorry OP but you will be pressing 1 2 3 4 in this game to use your skills just like every other mmo.  Good try though cant wait till the fanbois get their hands on this game and realise theres not much new going on here.

C

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Uh oh... looks like I'll like SWTOR and am very interested to see what GW2 is like, and I don't think that liking/disliking either game automatically qualifies someone to be an idiot/bad gamer/basement dweller, etc...

There must be something wrong with me!!!

Wait.  Nope.  I just don't happen to be a douche.

At least, not today.

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

I find it fascinating that so many people concern themselves with what other people like, or enjoy.

Utlimately, isn't it about entertainment and what you personally find fun?

So what if someone criticizes a game you play or a game you're following? How does that really affect your enjoyment of it?

It doesn't.

People just like to argue, and puff out their chest. Too much bravado for me.

What a waste of time and energy.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    If you crossed the op with a Bruce Lee movie it would called Enter The Troll. Silly post except for starting a flame war.
  • PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

After reading this post I feel real manly about being hyped for GW2.

Real men smoke cigars AND play GW2. Unlike SW:TOR puny girly men.

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

Because GW2 has no flaws and SW:TOR has nothing but flaws.

Is objectiveness immune to internet?

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

p.s. bm'ing this thread for future reference, mister Saxx0n.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by danbosk0

But its EA, it'll be Warhammer all over again.  That being said Its got Starwars in its name, so of course there will be at least 500k fanbois who buy it no matter how shitty it is.   

no way it will be WAR all over again but people will see for themselves in 2 months

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

After reading this post I feel real manly about being hyped for GW2.

Real men smoke cigars AND play GW2. Unlike SW:TOR puny girly men.

I'm hyped for both, so I have a massive manliness confusion crisis!  I want a girl who wears the Leia chainmail bikini, but I also want to wear one!  ;-P

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    I hear a lot of talk about how GW2 is going to do this or GW2 is going to do that yet I hear absolutely nothing telling me "how" it's going to do anything.

All the hype and bombastic predictions are predicated on nothing more than developer hype videos and 10 minute play sessions at gaming expos. GW is a franchise that has always been fun to play in short bursts so this tells me nothing.

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I hear a lot of talk about how GW2 is going to do this or GW2 is going to do that yet I hear absolutely nothing telling me "how" it's going to do anything. All the hype and bombastic predictions are predicated on nothing more than developer hype videos and 10 minute play sessions at gaming expos. GW is a franchise that has always been fun to play in short bursts so this tells me nothing.

Couldn't agree more but quick! Wrap it around you and let's get the hell out!

This discussion has been closed.