Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WS could be a heavy weight contender???

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

It seems that WS has started to spark a lot of interest in the MMO world. I wonder if a hot female lead with bunny ears has anything to do with it??  Anywho I am willing to say that WS could very well be at least a sleeper hit at most and yes I am going to say it not a WoW killer but a WoW denter. lmao We will find out soon enough.

What do you think can WS be a heavy weight contender??

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Not having a ton of information on the game makes "could" valid.  That doesn't mean you can now go around saying it is a heavy weight, it just means it 'could' be one.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

wtf is this game even about. It looks more like a console game then a mmo. If anything it would probably be better as a console game. Has there been any real info outside of the overly sexualized female character and some spotty game play footage?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I think it looks very intiresting to say the least. I will definately keep my eye on it because of how great the cinematics looked. It looks like an mmo pixar movie, which is very good in my opinion.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

the graphics look weird to me..

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Heavy weight? I doubt it. Side game? Probably.

It really all depends what's available at the time when it releases or if they are any good and whether Wildstar itself is any good. So far to me it just looks like a game that's taken the tangent route but has yet to prove it's worthy of anything, afterall we've only seen that it has a different art style and a few neat features. On the flip side we've heard from those who have played it more than 20 minutes at conventions that there's little diversity in the game character wise. Right now it's really far too early to speculate.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Puremallace

wtf is this game even about. It looks more like a console game then a mmo. If anything it would probably be better as a console game. Has there been any real info outside of the overly sexualized female character and some spotty game play footage?

From their description and the info they have released it seems they may be making a pretty deep MMO. Graphics are only skin deep in the end, it's what's under the hood that counts.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

Originally posted by Puremallace

Plenty thanks (though The Rabid could do with more). There's a great compilation of videos (if I do say so myself) over at WildStar Central (I know I sound like a stuck record, but we really do have a lot of good info) as well as FAQ's and other good stuff that'll help you get to the meat and bones of the game.

It's more than just the cartoony graphics - took me a while to look past those too.

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

on paper it is,

but we all know the drill, new MMO, especially since 2009, you just have to wait and see if it delivers or not

many games have high hype before but failed , you can see from recent games like FFXIV, Earthrise, and all the fp2s

So What Now?

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Sort of depends on the target market and gameplay.  Worth watching... it sounds like they're expecting it to be a major game.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • MallokMallok Member UncommonPosts: 44

It looks fun, its free, it will probably be around for awhile, but it will never be up there with wow, rift and soon swtor. one of its biggest downfalls is its run by ncsoft, look at all their other games, most that had more hype than this one and are all either long gone or have been dying slowly since they were released.

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510

Certainly intriguing, it does look like it could be a fun game. If they put their money where their mouth is I'm sure it will do well.

• MytobMytob Member Posts: 79

As much as id like to see something topple wow i seriously doubt it will be wildstar to be honest. Wow just has to much traction going at the moment. Il hope it does very well here in the west but thats to be seen.

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Eh, they're all WoW contenders at this stage, aren't they? Which is to say, none of them ever are.