Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a few short questions

pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

1) Can i start at ROCKTROPIA or any other planet besides CALYPSO?(with a new account ) ??

2) Is the downloadable client from all plantes the same?

3)What does it take to be able to travel around planets once you create a character? How soon can you do it.And most of all for how much ped?

4)In your own opinion,whats the minimum amount of money needed to deposit monthly in order to simply enjoy the game like any other online game?

Thank you all

Comments

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

1: You start on noob Island it it does ask what planet you want to start on.

2: The client will download all the planets while you are on noob Island. The client is somewhat separate from the planets. They are each (planet) pretty large downloads.

3: The simplest form of travel is to walk. There are vehicles from dune buggy to plane to boat. They cant be repaired, only replaced and require fuels but if you plan to travel any distance I'd suggest you get a vehicle. They start at under $10 or $100 PED to buy and fuel. I have no idea what a full tank of fuel gets you in use. It seems to be a matter of distance travelled is how much fuel you use. Once you unlock cities there are teleport systems. Why get a vehicle? When you die, you revive at the nearst revival point. Often they are heavily camped by spawns and if you die, you end up back at the same revival point. Hence the reason I am here in the forum. I was out running around, got killed and am now pinned down being one hit killed as soon as I leave the range of the camp guns.

4: I put $20 on for 200 PED. They wont let me put any more on now. Card is security locked at $20 a month. It would have been enough I think but my current situation has me wanting a vehicle and I can't buy one. That said if you want a vehicle, you might want to go $50 if your card will let you. Otherwise, $20 a month is enough to get started.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

I created a new toon, skipped tutorial, went to the portal where it asked me to finalize my avatar lokks and name and then asked me if i was ready to go to Calypso. It never gave me an option to go anywhere else. I know that people can start off at Rocktropia but i cant find the way HOW.   :(

P.S.: bu the term "noob island" do you mean Calypso???

• narfinarfi Member UncommonPosts: 178

When I started Calypso was the only planet around so I didnt have to worry about the option.

I think that if you download the client from entropiauniverse.com then you have the choice of planets, but if you download the client from one of the specific Planet's websites then you can only go to that planet whe you start.

If you want to go to a specific Planet when you start, I would recomend registering your avatar on their website (i think you can still do that) and then starting the character creation process.

sorry I dont know more specifics,

narfi

I'm not sure where I downloaded or where noob Island is per say. Its a uniques little Island, there isnt much there and as long as you are on it you can mod your clothes, your appearance and pretty much everything else about your Avatar. When I left there, I got a screen with all the planets and I picked Calypso. The game actually seemed to be nudging me to another planet. Calypso was the second to download.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

That noob island is called genesis. And at its teleport it only gives me the choice of Calypso.

This is really frustrating and i think it's like that on purpose.

• burkoburko Member Posts: 4

In the begining you could go with 20-30$ a month, but it depends on how much you play and how much you waste.

When your char gets better and you want to hunt/mine/craft better it costs more.

I would say 20-30$ / months first, then after around 4-6 months (if you play alot) it would be like 50-60$.

Just dont get too addicted, cuz if you start depositing money you dont have, like i did, your gonna waste all the money you make irl :p

Back to Q: 3, I played maybe a week and a bit, struck out to explore and got pinned down at a Revival point. Sent in a ticket and got a tough shit, your SOL reply. Pay other players to evac you out.

The game simply isnt new player friendly.

I paid 3 months on LotRO. The game was fun, its too bad.

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Paid other players for an evac? I can't help but think you didn't look at other Entropia community forums much. The Calypso Rescue Team is a society that specializes in getting newcomers out of trouble, and they do it for nothing.

That's just one Society. There are numerous others and many individual players that would have happily helped you out.

If another newcomer runs into this type of dilemna, simply post a HELP! thread over on planetcalypsoforum.com (for Calypso) or one of the other planet forums, or even one of the non-planet specific forums like entropiaplanets.com  and you'll probably have your ride out shortly, and the cost will be gaining a new friend or two. Oh, the horror!  :P

Cheers!

AG

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

• TorschenTorschen Member Posts: 78

Yup, Rescue Team will help with no charge, and many players you meet there are willing to help without any payment (including me).

The Entropia system itself is really not that newb friendly, it is quite high-demanding, and will not forgive much bad choice of gear or bad route planning, e.g. a newcomer can quite easily stumble upon the nastiest creatures ingame. But playerbase is mostly mature, friendly and helpful.

BTW, if you started on wrong planet, you DO know that you can travel between planets, do you? There are players with small ships, and others with big capital ships, and with little patience you will find a cheap flight (10-30 ped?) to any other planet.

Its good that player societies do that but unless Entropia is a sunset MMO, it wouldn't kill them to put a "home return" feature in. They have sent me an email a month asking about inactivity and they didnt look at the one ticket they closed to see why I stopped playing? It isn't 6 months and 2 million in development to add a home feature.

This game should have got alot more money out of me and it didnt because of something early that could have been avoided. I'm not being hatefull or rage posting when I say it's an easy fix to eliminate an unproductive roadblock. If it's about the money, charge me 5 PID to use the return home feature.

• EU_RAZEREU_RAZER Member Posts: 85

Well part of the fun in this game and the reason why the community is as good as it is is the fact that it is not easy. In my early days I got stuck in places for hours and days even (before vehicles and before I hade a teleport chip) I had to wait for sombody to walk by me ar ask for help in the forums and then usually somebody helpt me to walk out of the nasty place (remember no vehicles yet) and if not I had to keep trying and eventually got out and felt great about it. A "Go Home' button would make it way to easy in my opinion.

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

The "TP Home" feature does exist on TP chips above level III. It's not cheap to do, so getting old or new friends to assist on a ride out from a hot spot is probably easier accomplished.

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society