Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?

JazcatJazcat Member Posts: 15

As I've never played SB before I decided to give it a go using their 15 day trial, I’ve encountered many strange and frustrating things. From the main shadowbane webpage there’s no links to any official forums, the support link they do have takes you to an area where you can ask a question but you can only do so if you have an ACTIVE SB account.

After downloading the 660mb client and then installing and immediately having to patch another 400 odd Mb I find out that you can only create a SB account if you live in the US/Canada. Further digging around reveals that Germany and Europe also have trial offers for SB. Being in Australia I’ve found that there’s no support for any trial here(that I know of), using google I found the url to the official ubisoft forums, once there the account I had created did not give me the privileges to post or reply, too bad if you’re trying to find info on how to activate an account…

Through more digging I found that the official Australian supplier/distributor url is http://shadowbane.en-tranz.com/index.php, this link does not work I’ve tried for 2 days. I’m suspecting that it’s been down for some time and will never return. I also found a Malaysian SB site but the first thing they said on the main page was they’ll be closing down all their SB servers as from 31st July because it’s no longer financially viable.
After that I contacted ubisoft at their main global page using the online form but got a message saying they do not support Shadowbane from this site and I’ll need to go back to the main SB page for support (but I cannot because you need an active SB account to do so). So where does this leave me? Up shit creek.

I then decided to create a trial US account giving them my correct CC details and name but faked the Country/State/ZIP to allow me to register.
Yay I have a working SB account! The fun doesn’t stop there though.
I managed to log on to the char creation screen played with that a bit but then needed to retire for bed, I’d check it out the next day (today).

Now whenever I try to log in I get a “The Server is Busy” message and will not let me proceed, running searches on the official sb forums briefly showed people asking about it but as soon as they were posted a few moments later they mysteriously disappear! A moderator is deleting any posts relating to the servers not letting you log in as they get posted. There’s no support or technical section on the forums either.

So what the hell is going on I ask, has it always been like this with SB? I’ve never encountered an MMORPG  so difficult to start playing before and such a total lack of support.

Comments

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

I don't know what's going on but you sure are persistant! lol

• KredeKrede Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Jazcat

As I've never played SB before I decided to give it a go using their 15 day trial, I’ve encountered many strange and frustrating things. From the main shadowbane webpage there’s no links to any official forums, the support link they do have takes you to an area where you can ask a question but you can only do so if you have an ACTIVE SB account.
    After downloading the 660mb client and then installing and immediately having to patch another 400 odd Mb I find out that you can only create a SB account if you live in the US/Canada. Further digging around reveals that Germany and Europe also have trial offers for SB. Being in Australia I’ve found that there’s no support for any trial here(that I know of), using google I found the url to the official ubisoft forums, once there the account I had created did not give me the privileges to post or reply, too bad if you’re trying to find info on how to activate an account…
    Through more digging I found that the official Australian supplier/distributor url is http://shadowbane.en-tranz.com/index.php, this link does not work I’ve tried for 2 days. I’m suspecting that it’s been down for some time and will never return. I also found a Malaysian SB site but the first thing they said on the main page was they’ll be closing down all their SB servers as from 31st July because it’s no longer financially viable.
    After that I contacted ubisoft at their main global page using the online form but got a message saying they do not support Shadowbane from this site and I’ll need to go back to the main SB page for support (but I cannot because you need an active SB account to do so). So where does this leave me? Up shit creek.
    I then decided to create a trial US account giving them my correct CC details and name but faked the Country/State/ZIP to allow me to register.
    Yay I have a working SB account! The fun doesn’t stop there though.
    I managed to log on to the char creation screen played with that a bit but then needed to retire for bed, I’d check it out the next day (today).
    Now whenever I try to log in I get a “The Server is Busy” message and will not let me proceed, running searches on the official sb forums briefly showed people asking about it but as soon as they were posted a few moments later they mysteriously disappear! A moderator is deleting any posts relating to the servers not letting you log in as they get posted. There’s no support or technical section on the forums either.
    So what the hell is going on I ask, has it always been like this with SB? I’ve never encountered an MMORPG  so difficult to start playing before and such a total lack of support.

Nope it has not ..

When the game first came out. US/ Canada people could only play, until they posted a note on the forums witch was open back then. That EU/Asian players should type in "Fake" addresses to play.

That we did and we played and played and played. But then when the bugs came, it was like the Support was gone, they did'nt look at the bug reports or lookt at what the Paying player had to say !!

They never fixet all the bugs and never will... they never even try hard to.... Played the game from beta and stopt at the last Expansion....

The only good things i can come up with for SB is:

perfect PVP systems... Carebears who Zerg alot imageimageimageimageimage and The "love" from your guild...

----------------------------
    Darkness is my Path

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548
    I can tell you what's going on.  Shadowbane has uncurable cancer.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• SmydSmyd Member Posts: 37

this game doesnt seem too popular does it? =p

Awesome

• buggeronebuggerone Member Posts: 16
    they use to have shadowbane for asia area im also aussie and when first played that was a long time ago it was called shadowbane asia , im not sure if they have closed that down or not .
  • ::blank::::blank:: Member Posts: 154
    I was going to give this a shot and take a mini break from GW, but on the registration page it asked for a credit card.. wich i do not have.. i am 18..i just have no credit card :(, it says it is for age verification..so thats kinda frusturating...but..in the end its not worth it i guess. just wanted to get into a mmorpg..
  • flipflopflipflop Member Posts: 7

Just saw this thread after I posted my frustrations at signing up too, if ubisoft or whomever run this game are this enept then I shan't bother with the game. Pity as it looks good, pity the rest of the free world can't play this yankee centric game. Oh well, stupid people.