Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard, Your zone is your play ground !

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

It all hit me hard in the last few days.

Why do I like Vanguard and only a few other mmo's ?......I'm playing Rift right now.  It's a fun game and enjoying it FOR NOW.  It will be short lived and it's fun because both my friend and I are playing by the Numbers.  We are taking quest together exactly at the same time and doing the pre-determined path that Rift is making us play.

Unlike Vanguard, We find that Rift is play by quest numbers instead of levels :

It's almost as if you can number your progression instead of levels. Larry the Rogue is on quest 247 and Joe the Mage is on quest 261, Larry and Joe can't play together. 

Very few mmo's are like Vanilla WoW, EverQuest 2 and Vanguard is where you can enter a new zone, Take all the quest and do them in any order you feel. Your zone is your playground, very few mmos are like that.

THIS OPENS THE DOORS TO MAKE FRIENDS TO PLAY WITH. VANGUARD IS NOT ON RAILS.....I'll be back soon !

Comments

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

you dont really have to do any quest too if you dont want to

you know, be a diplomat or just crafter

but yeah, not possible with current pop, no one will likely to buy your stuffs hehe

So What Now?

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Err ... what are you talking about ?

Do you even have any crafter ?!?

I have no issue selling stuff .. for example, Pristine Vielthread Bags sell extremely fast, even on Halgar.

Telon is even less an issue.

And Diplomats dont sell anything in the first place. Except, OK, some crafter recipes and maybe certain random drops.

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

so....since you can sell a certain type of bag....the population is great for crafters?....hmm.....

I never sold other stuff on the broker. If you want your weapon, armor or jewelry, you would have to ask. Peoples ideas about what they would like to get crafted are simply too diverse and Vanguards crafting is much too powerful that I would be able to forsee what people really want.

Originally posted by Adamantine

Err ... what are you talking about ?

Do you even have any crafter ?!?

I have no issue selling stuff .. for example, Pristine Vielthread Bags sell extremely fast, even on Halgar.

Telon is even less an issue.

And Diplomats dont sell anything in the first place. Except, OK, some crafter recipes and maybe certain random drops.

no i do not have any crafter, hey, but if it's selling, i am happy to hear that, because i am planning to become a crafter

dont get me wrong, i am liking VG,

but i am worried about the crafter if they are selling or not because of the fact that we all know the pop in VG isn't really populated now

and usually a non populated MMO is hard to sell stuffs, so i kinda based my idea on that

well yeah i cant say much as i am even still on IoD, but if what you say is true, then im all for it man

So What Now?

To that I can actually give a current example. I made completely new characters on Telon, because Halgar population stays depressingly low, while I dont want to move my Halgar characters, for in case of a population increase my ping to Halgar would be far superior. So I can assure you firsthand that I had no issues to sell stuff on Telon so far.

Granted, I am an experienced player - so I have an idea what people might like to buy, in the first place. My first crafter is now a lowbie armorsmith and I dont attempt to sell lowlevel armor. Thats because I know people do the "United Races of Thestra" and "Hunters League" questlines between level 10 and 25 and only very few slots arent getting great armor pieces in these cases. Those two questlines are simply overpowered. Instead I do stuff like horseshoes and metal sheets, because everyone needs horseshoes and fellow crafters (Mineralogist, Leatherworker) needs sheets for upgrades.

Granted, crafting has not been my major source of income. After all, I'm only another lowbie crafter in a game where crafting is quite popular and there is a lot of concurrence around. Harvesting and Diplomacy have been much better at money making. Civic diplomacy has quite high monetary returns, while Harvest is a bit more complicated - some things sell like water in the desert (for example dry timber), other things sell more like sand in the desert (attempted to sell catalyst dusts and the market is just stuffed there), i.e. not at all.

Granted, I demand decent prices. I practically have to force myself to be more american in my ideas of what I demand for things, meaning demanding insane prices for trivial things, because otherwise I cannot buy stuff on the broker myself.

But still everything I crafted was sold in less than a week. Weekends have much better rates at stuff sold, though.

because i was thinking that everyone would just craft for their own needs as what most people have been doing lately in MMO

and because i believe that 90% of the players will most likely have alts to cover what they need for their main, and thus, why the need of another crafter's assistance?

So What Now?

Well, Vanguard has 6 crafter jobs, and leveling a crafter is a very time consuming job, so nope, most people wont be able to provide themselves.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by TweFoju

but yeah, not possible with current pop, no one will likely to buy your stuffs hehe

o'rly? I sell all the time.

This low pop argument are getting really old and boring.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

In my experience, tradeskilled items sell very well indeed due to the relatively small number of dedicated crafters playing the game.

Originally posted by Torgrim

sorry if it's boring you hehe =)

So What Now?

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

It's a FACT that the game has a low population, anyone trying to say otherwise is flat out lying.

• sartoksartok Member Posts: 79

If 1k people would join an FFA sever all at once it would be sucha  great game. I played with less than that for a very very long time.

Whats sad is there are thousands that would love the game is they even knew about it, or all joind at once.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

because i was thinking that everyone would just craft for their own needs as what most people have been doing lately in MMO

and because i believe that 90% of the players will most likely have alts to cover what they need for their main, and thus, why the need of another crafter's assistance?

Nope, I dont craft at all, I despise it.

In Vanguard I don't really do quests either. I do buy items from players though.

big thumbs up to the Vanguard crafters.image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • sartoksartok Member Posts: 79

Crafting was so rewarding in that game. I HATED it but I did just because all the money I could make. And pimping out an alt was fun.

Population is at 200-500 on Telon.

Not amazing, but yes, I have no issues to sell stuff.

Originally posted by Kost

It's a FACT that the game has a low population, anyone trying to say otherwise is flat out lying.

Yes VG has low pop what i meant was people always saying the game is low pop I'm all alone and no one to play with and that crap, i always sell stuff I can do dungeons without any problems both pugs and guild.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915

Even when the population was low you can still trade and sell and get groups. It is just that like minded people get together and do stuff together. Yes it is possibly true that a larger population does guarantee more groups but if those people only solo you would not get more groups however if a smaller population tend to go out of their way to group you can end up grouping more. It is a question of philosophy just like how smaller games tend to support and be nicer to new players and go out of their way to make you stay unless of course they are trying to kill you in a PvP game but generally in most games smaller games tend to be populated with decent people.

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984

Even though there are only 2 servers left, the game is recovering. Telon is said to be alive actually. Even SOE recognized it and puts in some develoment time.

The good thing is that most craft something and crafted is quite good. It is possible to be sortof selfsufficient.

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by page

It's almost as if you can number your progression instead of levels. Larry the Rogue is on quest 247 and Joe the Mage is on quest 261, Larry and Joe can't play together.

Maybe if questing is the sole aspect of your gameplay.

You could

Close rifts/invasions

Warfronts

Dungeons 

Rift

Originally posted by GoodAfternoon

Originally posted by page

Maybe if questing is the sole aspect of your gameplay.

You could

Close rifts/invasions

Warfronts

Dungeons 

Depends how high the level difference are between them, You can gain easly 10 levels playing a afternoon/evening in RIFT.