Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will be your first class & side combo?

Just wondering, I'm sure there is another thread similar to this, but Im starting a new one, ok? :-)

Personally I always have known I would choose lightside, of course I dont have any hard numbers but something tells me I will find likeminded individuals on the lightside.. Plus it will probably be the underdog in PVP seeing as its not as "cool"..

If I had to login and choose right now at this very moment I would choose Jedi Knight -Sentinel.  In most games I play I usually choose pure dps, although this would be the coolest looking one so far :)  From what I hear, Sentinel plays more like a "Wow Rogue" then a dps warrior.. 

I guess my second choice would be a Shadow Consular.. Im not entirely sure if they are really viable as a tank, maybe it would settle into the offtank category. But I would play it as a pure DPS role.. from what I know I think the Shadow would do more DPS then the Sentinel, but it is far more "squishy" and has better pvp skills.

Anyway, dark or light, what is your first toon going to be?

( This topic is so important to me, because I am almost religiously anti-alt, I usually play my first toon to max level in any game, even if I end up wanting to play something else.. I have friends that are alt-aholics and it is an incurable disease :):)  )

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

I think it will be very hard to be purely dark side (at least in my case).

I have the same issue in TES and Fallout games; sometimes at a new playthrough I decide to play an evil character (also to get to see some other content of the game) but somehow I can't keep it up for long. When someone really appeals to my altruism it makes me abhor picking the evil choice.

Like that group choice in the Republic flashpoint which was released: to get to the bridge you can choose to pitch a whole friendly crew out of an airlock into space to get to the bridge faster.

Or betraying those Jedi lovers ... gah.

My strong natural impulse would be saving them all.

Seeing how things are so immersive, it will be hard to dismiss that natural impulse for a lot of people, I think.

I guess I'll be empire and mainly pick lightside choices. 

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

BH probably a Rattataki that's heavily into wearing rubber and snorting spice much like my old SWG BH my hobby will be collecting wookie pelts.

DEATH TO WOOKIE SCUM!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

*Insert Jedi here* Granted there will be a Jedi ratio of 4:5 I'm sure in game for players, I'd probably pick one. Lets face it, thats what most people want and will play and I (despite knowing it will be over-played like no tomorrow) just really can't appeal to the other classes at all. Of course, this is when the free trial comes out, Unless I'm nudged by a lot of friends or something, I'm probably not going to be buying this game right off. Just not impressed far enough to do that on my own.

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by Purutzil

*Insert Jedi here* Granted there will be a Jedi ratio of 4:5 I'm sure in game for players, I'd probably pick one. Lets face it, thats what most people want and will play and I (despite knowing it will be over-played like no tomorrow) just really can't appeal to the other classes at all. Of course, this is when the free trial comes out, Unless I'm nudged by a lot of friends or something, I'm probably not going to be buying this game right off. Just not impressed far enough to do that on my own.

From what Ive seen at the expo videos and from beta testers I think you would be suprised at the ratio of jedis to troopers/smugglers..  I dont have a source at the moment, but someone said the most chosen class to play the demo was smuggler.. If I cant find that source I guess it doesnt matter..  I am far more certain the siths would be overplayed ad nasuem then jedis..  But the really numbers wont be seen until launch I guess..

Either way even though Im interested in smuggler, I have to go wtih jedi.  The awesome thing to me is that there are so many variants among the two jedi classes, that I think you can make a fully party of all jedis and do well.. From what I was told..

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Bounty hunter / powertech. Darkside of course. Im in it for the credits, so I don't care about anything else. Save the drama for your mama ;)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

In my universe everyone allways wanted to be a Jedi and fught the darkside... But then my universe started out 43 years ago...

What happened to humannity, and the fact that evil looks coller then Good?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

In my universe everyone allways wanted to be a Jedi and fught the darkside... But then my universe started out 43 years ago...

The dark side has grown strong! Why be a goody when you can embarace the power of hate. Let your hate fuel your power and be far stronger then any Jedi. Join the darkside!

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

I was gonna roll a male lightside trooper at first but then I heard that Jennifer Hale does the voice for the female trooper, so now I'm thinking of rolling a female darkside trooper 'cuz Hale sounds so goddamn badass when you're being a dick in the ME games.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

My universe began 43 years ago too and I've been pondering this very question for years. I think a big part of it is that life has become easy, we've become soft, and pretending to be a "badass" in games, music choices and dress sense appeals to that part of human nature that has evolved for the struggle to survive (really survive, not the "struggle" to be more comfortable).

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Bounty Hunter, light-side.

A western space sheriff, he doesn't just uphold the law. He is the law.

The feeling of receiving a big paycheck may be mighty fine, but there's nothing quite like putting a blaster bolt between the eyes of the deserving.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    Jedi Consular shadow Light side/gray. It will be like a rogue with stealth for melee damage from the shadows. But also force powers for CC, knockback and range damage. As well as increased mitigation force powers and increased agro for tanking. It should be a fun class. I am hoping I can work the story to get my Master title.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Imperial Agent, Operative.

James Bond, but fluffier.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

First will be a Consular  ->Sage

Then, I have no clue!!!  Probably a Smiggler, or maybe a Bounty Hunter, or maybe a . . .

• zbitzbit Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Purutzil

The dark side has grown strong! Why be a goody when you can embarace the power of hate. Let your hate fuel your power and be far stronger then any Jedi. Join the darkside!

Don't forget...we also provide cookies!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

• NijrawNijraw Member Posts: 37

Rep: JC/Shadow/KC

Sith: BH/Tech/AP

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Pureblood Sith Inq. Reason: in this case I don't care about the nonexistence of SGRA. And I can just vent my anger over it by frying people. What more can one want? XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by DarkPony

I think it will be very hard to be purely dark side (at least in my case).

I have the same issue in TES and Fallout games; sometimes at a new playthrough I decide to play an evil character (also to get to see some other content of the game) but somehow I can't keep it up for long. When someone really appeals to my altruism it makes me abhor picking the evil choice.

Like that group choice in the Republic flashpoint which was released: to get to the bridge you can choose to pitch a whole friendly crew out of an airlock into space to get to the bridge faster.

Or betraying those Jedi lovers ... gah.

My strong natural impulse would be saving them all.

Seeing how things are so immersive, it will be hard to dismiss that natural impulse for a lot of people, I think.

I guess I'll be empire and mainly pick lightside choices. 

Hurm, unexpected this is of you! XD

But... I agree. Yea I have the same issues with replay of evil side, lol. I tried it with Planescaped Torment, but when I had to betray that woman in debt to her dismay... I could not do it. lol. Maybe when I play evil side I imagine the Jedi all are people I hate. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ameeseameese Member UncommonPosts: 30

Sith Assassin, Dark.

"Give in to your hate-join the Dark side"  Hunt the Jedi ruthlessly.

Boba Fett-"Reality doesn't care if you believe it."

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by Agricola1

BH probably a Rattataki that's heavily into wearing rubber and snorting spice much like my old SWG BH my hobby will be collecting wookie pelts.

DEATH TO WOOKIE SCUM!

no wookies in swtor, playable at least.

sith inquisitor, "ulimited powah" spec

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by gobla

Bounty Hunter, light-side.

A western space sheriff, he doesn't just uphold the law. He is the law.

The feeling of receiving a big paycheck may be mighty fine, but there's nothing quite like putting a blaster bolt between the eyes of the deserving.

i already do this, just in real life, but instead of a blaster, a .50 cal desert eagle.

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179

Chiss--Imperial Agent--Sniper--Dark

uh...i'll just say at this point it's a little late for me to turn to something else :)

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by neorandom

Originally posted by Agricola1

DEATH TO WOOKIE SCUM!

no wookies in swtor, playable at least.

sith inquisitor, "ulimited powah" spec

After snorting a line of that Nar Shaddaa spice you'd be suprised at how many of those player characters look like Wookies and Gungans ... or maybe you wouldn't ;)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

First one will be chiss (female) imperial agent (probably sniper subclass, kind of undecided on this front just yet) starting out dark side but sliding towards light side at whatever point in the story seems approiate. Kind of like the person who reliezes all the bad deeds they've done and try to redeem themselves. Will make it a challenge changing things part way through and hopefully make the story more interesting for me as i have to betray people i used to run with, and make new friends with people who used to be my enemies and such.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.