It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I figured ill make a constructive post after readin a few thread in this forums, This thread is for the people who are currently not happy about the current ways of the MMO market. I would like people to list what they would like to see in a game so game developers know what the community is looking for.
This is what i would like to see
- A world Rich in Lore
- Death penalty, i quite like the corpse runs from EQ 1
- A world that consists of more than 10 races each with there different starting city.
- A game where there are mroe than 8 unique classes
- A Large world with lots of unique areas
- Travel between islands made by a ship that takes around 10 minutes (Kinda like how Everquest 1 boat travel worked) this was a nice time to relax and watch the scenery go right by, you can also add little minigames like a little gambling onboard.
- A more group orintated game that still allows solo players to solo to max lvl, although it will be tougher
- A game where you dont hit lvl cap in 2 weeks of playing im thinking 6 months of casual playing to hit lvl cap, however there needs to be thing to do appart from lvling, include low lvl raids, and so on (allow mentoring down aswell to lower lvls aswell and stop high lvl player from running people through)
- No instances, i dont like the idea of being the only group in 1 area lets leave the whole instancing thing in the current MMO market
- PvE must be challenging.
- PvP server that consists of more than 2 teams (for example Everquest 1 had a PvP team server than consisted of 4 different teams consisting of 3 races each different colour names indicated the team they were on it was the short races vs Elves vs evil races vs good races it added to an intresting element in pvp)
- A player controled world for example a npc wants to build a house in a certain area, she ask player 2 collect certain materials when the npc has enough she makes a house and so on, in some cases you can collect more resources and the house become a village and then a town then a city, however to regulate this npc attack the cities and if it not defended it reverts back a phase in development.
- Dynamic events for example a mob seiging a NPC city could u imaging what it would be like making a new character and loging in for the first time to find out the the city is being attacking by waves of low lvl mobs.
-All npcs can be killed by anyone, city guards/leaders quests npcs however doing so will make you loose faction with that city and posible raise it somewhere else (Everquest 1 did this realy well)
- Guild housing or even guild cities
- Player houses
- Limited way of instant travel say 1 portal on each island in the world 2 if it a large continent that takes you to one location which can be used to port to the other portals.
- Remove ! mark for quest givers make players interact witht he NPC to see if they have a quest to offer.
Thats all i can think of for now that i would like to see, i appologise for any spelling mistakes its late here and my brain not working 100% : P, feel free to add any comments however plz make in constructive, I would also prefer that people try not to post anything that rresmebles a WoW clones since this is for the people who are currently unhappy with the market and we dont need another doublacite game.
Note - alot of these suggestion were in everquest 1 to me it was one of the best games ive played.