Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My 6 year old and I have having a blast.

neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276

My daughter has spent a lot of time watching me play MMOs and I finally decided to let her start playing one with me.  We have been playing both Free Realms and Wizard 101 and I must say Wiz101 has been the more fun for the two of us.

I bought us both the Mega-Pack card from Gamestop and she loves exploring her castle and we both enjoy the lamp and seeing what freebe we will get from it each day.

Most of the time we just duel against each other, but it is a safe enough game where I can let her run off and do her own thing. 

We haven't played very far into the game yet, both of us are only around level 8 right now but we are just having fun exploring and so forth.   I am glad that there is a game out there like this that I can play with my daughter since it combines two of my favorite things, collectible card games and MMOs.

--------------------------------
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
www.michaelwhitt.com

Comments

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Wow how great is that?  I'm happy for you that you've found something good to play with your daughter.  I don't think that's always easy to do, so congratulations!  :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448

Yea my 5 year old  son and 10 year old daughter play Free Realms and Lego Universe , which my wife plays with them and its great  to see them interacting together and having a blast , we havent checked out wizard 101 yet , will give it a try .

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

Awesome OP. 

One word - MINECRAFT

Set up a little home server and let the good times roll, amazing times to be had there with your children, boys and girls.

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by just1opinion

Wow how great is that?  I'm happy for you that you've found something good to play with your daughter.  I don't think that's always easy to do, so congratulations!  :)

Yes it is.   The game is interesting enough that it is keeping me liking it, yet simple enough that she enjoys it.   It also is nice that she always wants time with Daddy to play the game.

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

Originally posted by Boreil

Yea my 5 year old  son and 10 year old daughter play Free Realms and Lego Universe , which my wife plays with them and its great  to see them interacting together and having a blast , we havent checked out wizard 101 yet , will give it a try .

Still play some Free Realms with her.  We did play Lego Universe at launch but haven't played it in a while.  May have to try that again.

www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

Originally posted by rt33

Awesome OP. 

One word - MINECRAFT

Set up a little home server and let the good times roll, amazing times to be had there with your children, boys and girls.

I have heard a lot about minecraft but never tried it.     I didn't realize that it was easy enough for little kids so I will have to check it out.  Thanks for the suggestion.

www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237

If you try minecraft, just make sure to either play in creative mode, or to disable de monster.

They can be really annoying and make the game unfun for kid.

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

Originally posted by Requiem6

If you try minecraft, just make sure to either play in creative mode, or to disable de monster.

They can be really annoying and make the game unfun for kid.

Yeah, that's the beauty of Minecraft, lots of options for every playstyle.

OP definitely check the game out. After you buy it it's free, your kids wont be asking you to buy this or that and no monthly fees.

http://www.youtube.com/show/minecraftfamilyadventures?s=2

http://www.theshaftpodcast.com/2011/09/shaft-51-dadsrfunny.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40vDOhWl6qQ

• swiftxd97swiftxd97 Member Posts: 4
    It's nice to see a parent and child playing together online and having fun hope you and your kid have a bright future
  • rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Awesome!  I've been playing Wizard101 with my now 13-year old son since beta in 2008.  We're playing Pirate101 together, too.
  • KingsIsleKingsIsle Community Manager of KingsIsleMember Posts: 158
    Thank you all for sharing your wonderful stories. Playing with Family members is one of the main reasons Wizard101 was created, and it means a great deal to us to hear about families enjoying their time online together.