Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

paying for Roma Victor? really!!! i hope so!

i hear that you CAN pay monstly and will get a fair amount of in game money!

if so ill pay around 15-20 a month.

hopefully if they do implement that feature on EVERY server, it will drive people who pay for free. or at least most of the wannabe uber noobs who like to ruin the game by begging...

Main character in Pure Pwnage, Jeremy as himself and Teh Pwnerer...

Free File Hosting at Origin Now - 100 Megabyte Max Upload Per File
http://www.OriginNow.com

Comments

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

You can pay montly if you want.  I dont know if there will be a mechanic that will bill you monthly though.  Anyone can purchase in game currency at any time (though in game currency cannot be transfered into RL currency).  The way I like to look at it is you're donating to help RV, and getting in game cash as a reward.  You dont have to donate though.

And there is one world.  One online persistant world made up of many servers.  When you travel between these servers (From Gaul to Germania for example), it will be seamless, you wont know you're going from one server to another.

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• PhrequencyPhrequency Member Posts: 314

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!! ima donate 15 a month! hands DOWN!

and the game? you gotta buy the game right? okie, easy

*walks over to his fasha.....*

*10 mins later comes back with 50 bucks*

*slips it into his money holder*

I CANT WAIT FOR 2 MONTHS I MUST PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
     What a stupid idea talk about inflation

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

go hijack someone else's thread, but not mine, if you have crap to say, dont say it in my post you ------------ ---- -------- --- -- - -----

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    With open pvp and a more FPS style combat system, skill may make your more powerful than money. Same goes for Crafting Know-how. Or so I hope.

its not a combat game, its a Roman life sim, alot of poeple dont get....

YOU LIVE AS A ROMAN, your not ONLY some Army general, or officer, or peon, you have to BUILD A HOUSE unless you want to be a bum, and building a house will take ATLEAST a week, its not no easy game.

edit: not to mention, maybe a family, or a buddy (roommate)

i hope this game is the ultimate challenge!

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Originally posted by scaramoosh
     What a stupid idea talk about inflation

Exactly. Endless money coming into the game world from thin air, that isn't earned from within the game environment. You don't have to be an economist to understand that this ruins the game.

Nothing earned ingame will have value if you can just buy your way.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Hmmm, I guess it will be okay.

But I can already see it now.

In towns and other populated areas, there will literally be thousands of loser kiddies that have no money, no debit cards, BEGGING for money.... constantly.

Begging... Begging... Begging GALORE.

Trust me on this. Beggars will be rampant in a game which uses in-game money transfers for quick and easy game coinage.
    - But as long as they implement some easy way to ignore all the lame beggars, I guess it will be cool. :)

- Zaxx

Originally posted by zaxtor99
    Hmmm, I guess it will be okay. But I can already see it now.In towns and other populated areas, there will literally be thousands of loser kiddies that have no money, no debit cards, BEGGING for money.... constantly.Begging... Begging... Begging GALORE.Trust me on this. Beggars will be rampant in a game which uses in-game money transfers for quick and easy game coinage.
    - Zaxx

nah man, i doubt that, seriously, them kids wont like the following:

- Graphics, kids arent gamers, they love color and technology, they will think its going back in time.... which it really is.

- gameplay, them kids wont like it, if it says what is is, meaning traveling times, building, etc, and how long it is, they wont like it, its pretty much EVE online but going back 10000 years

- maturity, look at A Tale in The Desert, ok yeah ATITD is a P2P but it is player driven, you NEVER see people in ATITD cussing or being immature, etc. they get wrecked, their reps go down, people ignore them...

kids WILL NOT liek this game, and i hope im true!! oh god do i hope I AM TRUE!

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Maybe so. I hope you're right bro. Beggars piss me off. - especially when they want something that just cost me my hard-earned, real life CA$H. Heh.

- Zaxx

oh, i hear ya lol, in the majestical words of Jeremy "I pWn n00bs!"

• goatfacegoatface Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by Phrequency

nah man, i doubt that, seriously, them kids wont like the following:
    - Graphics, kids arent gamers, they love color and technology, they will think its going back in time.... which it really is.
    - gameplay, them kids wont like it, if it says what is is, meaning traveling times, building, etc, and how long it is, they wont like it, its pretty much EVE online but going back 10000 years
    - maturity, look at A Tale in The Desert, ok yeah ATITD is a P2P but it is player driven, you NEVER see people in ATITD cussing or being immature, etc. they get wrecked, their reps go down, people ignore them...
    kids WILL NOT liek this game, and i hope im true!! oh god do i hope I AM TRUE!

Good point, hopefully the leet kiddies will stay away from RV allowing us to enjoy a game that requires some thought rather than grinding "who ever plays the longest is the best" style of play that all too common in most mmorpgs at the moment.

The game looks very promising, i would have rathered they implemented a monthly fee than the "donation" scheme. It  seems as though it will ruin the economy which looks very deep.

Anyway, hopefully its all they say it will be image

• HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307

I guess this will support a monarchy-esque leadership in the game. People who are rich in real life will be loaded in game?

Either way I wouldn't really care, my place in game like this is simply a pawn on the battle field, you rich people fund me my armor, weapon, and shield, and in exchange I'll offer you the blood of enemies :).

• deidesdeides Member Posts: 197

hahaha

say you end up paying 15$ a month... you save up ingame to build your own little villa... say for 5 months. so you have donated 75$ to the game to build your villa...

now imagine this player coming in (maybe ones whos been playing for longer) who plays for free... he teams up with 2-3 of his buddies (who also play for free) and totally trashes all that you had saved for.

voila, the wonders of this new system. RV sounds good as a game, but this payment policy ... man i really dont know. They should have "free" servers and monthly servers, else this is gonna cause problems.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    What happens if you "donate" $100+ a month? Do you automatically win the game?

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• GrembagGrembag Member Posts: 39

Originally posted by deides
    hahaha
    say you end up paying 15$ a month... you save up ingame to build your own little villa... say for 5 months. so you have donated 75$ to the game to build your villa...now imagine this player coming in (maybe ones whos been playing for longer) who plays for free... he teams up with 2-3 of his buddies (who also play for free) and totally trashes all that you had saved for.voila, the wonders of this new system. RV sounds good as a game, but this payment policy ... man i really dont know. They should have "free" servers and monthly servers, else this is gonna cause problems.

If you are that rich you hire lots of NPC guards to make sure that doesn't happen. Also make friends with your neighbours and get a 'neighbourhood watch scheme' going or make sure your villa is near a city.

Money does not improve your skills. It just makes your life a bit easier. Would you rather get your money from some scav on E-bay or from the RV programmers?

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    I would rather get my gold from in game. Whats the point of being a crafter if people can just buy the stuff from the company? I was looking forward to RV but not now. Not after finding out its another one of these type of games like "There" but with a Roman theme.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• GrembagGrembag Member Posts: 39

Originally posted by Grunch
    I would rather get my gold from in game. Whats the point of being a crafter if people can just buy the stuff from the company? I was looking forward to RV but not now. Not after finding out its another one of these type of games like "There" but with a Roman theme.

You are missing the point. Looky: http://www.ige.com/. Like it or not you can buy in game currency for all of your favourite MMORPGs out there - FACTOID.

With RV there is no monthly subscription fee and like the others you can pay for in game currency (but not to a sweat shop in china). Also - you can become a crafter and earn your money in game. By crafting you get the skills you do not get from buying money. You can earn your way through RV without paying for currency and you get the bonus of having the skills.

• EraserheadEraserhead Member UncommonPosts: 343
    An interesting sounding game but added to my list of games to be avoided.
  • ArisusArisus Member Posts: 17

At least try to understand how the in-game economy is going to work before you start commenting on it.

There will be a limit on how much in-game money you can buy with real money per month, maybe around 20 euro; which, if you are lucky, would just about get you enough in-gam money to get through the month.

RBL have an economist in the team who will monitor the games economy. Commodus (played by KFR) is the one who decides how much money is in circulation.

Most money will probably be earned from your job/trade skill.

If you see someone begging, remember there is open PvP. Of course, if you start beating someone in a Roman town the guards are likely to drag you away...

• ChopesChopes Member Posts: 297

Originally posted by Arisus
    At least try to understand how the in-game economy is going to work before you start commenting on it.
    There will be a limit on how much in-game money you can buy with real money per month, maybe around 20 euro; which, if you are lucky, would just about get you enough in-gam money to get through the month.
    RBL have an economist in the team who will monitor the games economy. Commodus (played by KFR) is the one who decides how much money is in circulation.
    Most money will probably be earned from your job/trade skill.
    If you see someone begging, remember there is open PvP. Of course, if you start beating someone in a Roman town the guards are likely to drag you away...

I really dont think that there will be a limit on how much money you can buy per month, unless I am mistaken the game companys would like to make as much money as possible, and that would only hinder their profits, so I belive you are mistaken, correct me if I am wrong.

• joejccva71joejccva71 Member UncommonPosts: 848

This IS a definate issue with RV now that I think about it. This whole "you can pay RL cash for IN-GAME currency" is NOT the way to go. It will completely screw up the economy in a major way to the point of where trading, crafting, and almost everything except combat will end up being pointless. If Redbelam is going to allow people to buy IN GAME currency, put a limit on how much and ONLY let players use it ONE TIME and one time only. That way it will give players a little kickstart into the game but not ruin the economy. Also this shouldn't have a huge impact on crafting or the trading market in the game.

People don't understand that while having a good combat system, a decent community, good graphics, decent gameplay can make a game flourish....while a totally BOGGED economy can COMPLETELY RUIN A GAME ENTIRELY. What would be the point of building your house, getting weapons and armor if you could just pay RL money and get it the EASY way instead of starting from scratch and farming crops and/or creating weapons and selling them to make your money to build your house, etc.

People that want to use RL money to buy this "in-game currency" so they can buy all their weapons/armor/housing, etc etc, are only looking to just hack n slash in RV and don't really care about the full fundamentals of what RV is really about. These people also could really care less about the Roman history that has been tracked in this game and implemented.

Of course this is just an opinion, but if I were in charge I would say either don't implement the RL cash for in-game currency at all, OR give players a ONE TIME buy and put a limit on how much they can do. This way this pleases the players who want to buy the in game currency but doesn't go overboard so players keep buying and buying over and over again so it ruins the economy and the GAME ITSELF completely.

Just my .02

Thanks!
    Joe

Braxmus Claudius Augustus

• mr.evilmr.evil Member Posts: 16

lol...

its all talk and talk and bla bla bla...   most of you wont be able to pay more then 20 euro...

BUT there is the danger of really rich guys which CAN pay more then 100 euro per month and that can indeed RUIN the game complitly up to the point that combat is the most attractive thing...

unless they really dont give a shit about the game, they will make a limit. after all, it is THEIR PROFIT.

and i pritty much hope that the skills and trade and stuff will decide if you really are good in this game or not. if my hopes will fail me, this game isnt worth a lot more then 6.0! perioud

• joejccva71joejccva71 Member UncommonPosts: 848

To be quite honest, I would rather pay $20-30 a month for a WELL DONE game such as RV and get NO In-game currency, than to not have to pay a monthly fee but the ability to buy in game currency.

I'm telling you this is going to ruin the economy in turn ruin the game. Even if they can only do it once a month, I don't really understand the logic behind this. I know this gives the company profit, but I would rather pay a monthly fee and have a GREAT game and build my house and weapons/armor from doing it the right way.

Flame me all you want but I dont think it's a real good idea to be able to buy the ingame currency.

Joe

hmmm yeah i fear the rich people like Tom Cruise now T_T

ok, what they should do is, take the price of the above average food, like rich people's food in real life.
    take the monthly costs of running water in your lil pump (if there is lol) etc.

and add it all up, and thats your monthly pay.

I dont want the economy corrupted T_T

and also to that guy who said n00bs will gang up and pwn me is unreal. Ill have a bunch of other rich friends, and like a bajillion jargen Gaurds, lal! pwn dem n00bs and spank em!!11 lal!

*sigh* to tell you the truth *sigh*

i just want a game, where theres no n00blets runnin around man, ya know? i hate n00blets always askin around for crap, and using CAPS ALL THE FREAKIN TIME! I just want a mature, fun, community that is respectful *sniffles*

i hate n00bs..... *cries*::::16::