Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X box 360 question

PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Which first person shooters for the 360 have a good campaign / story line ? not interested about the multi player .

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

Comments

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

One of my favorites is Battlefield Bad Company 2. I never played the first one, and I was still able to get into the second without a problem. The characters and voice-acting is great and the gameplay is pretty epic with lots of different paths to finish each mission. I think it is $20 on Xbox Live to download, or you can get it off Amazon for about $20 like I did.

Also the Amazon version comes with a download code for something called Onslaught mode that I just realized I had after buying the game months and months ago. It's an online 4-player Co-Op against enemy AI. Sure it's multiplayer but you can just jump in to any game without having to know people first, and the missions against the AI give the game good somewhat-singleplayer replay value.

I'll also add Fallout 3 if you want a lot more depth. It's an RPG, but also still a shooter. Also $20 on Amazon, but be aware it's a major time sink. With all the DLC that comes with the "Game of the Year" $20 version it took me 120 hours in-game to complete all my quests. Lots of fun, but  may not be the type of shooter you are looking for.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Theres too many too list, here are some of my favorites:

• Borderlands

• Rage

• Fallout: New Vegas

• Bioshock 2

• Bioshock

• Call of Juarez

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution

• Fear 3
  • PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Thanks for the replys, Fallout 3 after looking into it, is exactly what I'm looking for .  The downloadable content, I just use my credit card for that ?

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

If you are going to use your card anyway, I strongly advise you to get the Game of the Year version on Amazon. Under $30 and you get at least $25-$30 or more in free DLC.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Game-Year-Xbox-360/dp/B001REZLY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318560879&sr=8-1

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Praor

Thanks for the replys, Fallout 3 after looking into it, is exactly what I'm looking for .  The downloadable content, I just use my credit card for that ?

In my opinion Fallout New Vegas is better than Fallout 3.  But you should eventually play both anyways as they are great games.

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

I'll check out New Vegas sometime but Skyrim is just around the corner and man thats gonna soak up all my time  =)

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• c0nceptc0ncept Member Posts: 13

I would definitely recommend any Fallout or Elder Scrolls game.  They will give you hundreds of hours of playing time. 

Even though some say that Call of Duty is overrated, the campaigns are great in my opinion.   They are not quite as long as some other shooters, but they definitely have a story line in them.  And if you get World at War or Black Ops, you also get to play zombies which is a fun and challenging experience for anyone.

I am aware they are 3rd person, but any game with Ghost Recon in its name is a game worth getting. You can get GRAW 1 and 2 at Gamestop for about $10. They are tactical shooters, so they aree more lifelike than something such as CoD.

Keep Gaming My Brethren.