Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefield 3 beta on Lenovo Ideapad Y460

eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Hello all, I have been playing battlefield 3 on my laptop the Lenovo Ideapad Y460 and want to share.

A quick overview, so far I have been enjoying my time in Battlefield 3 more then I thought I would.  Its runs better then I expected for the most part on my laptop.  I got in and in within 5 minutes I was running around getting kills no chang in keybinds.  I did after so long though. 

Here is my gameplay video and brief review for anyone interested.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Eu1hfd3REA&feature=channel_video_title.

Comments

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Really does look much better for PC.

I also agree that I the way you pronounce "Beta" is just plain aweful.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by eycel

Hello all, I have been playing battlefield 3 on my laptop the Lenovo Ideapad Y460 and want to share.

A quick overview, so far I have been enjoying my time in Battlefield 3 more then I thought I would.  Its runs better then I expected for the most part on my laptop.  I got in and in within 5 minutes I was running around getting kills no chang in keybinds.  I did after so long though. 

Here is my gameplay video and brief review for anyone interested.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Eu1hfd3REA&feature=channel_video_title.

Impressive for a laptop! Good stuff.

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

I played the beta and BF3 is a huge disappointment so far. I'm shocked.

• KwayZeeKwayZee Member UncommonPosts: 114

That looks very good for a laptop.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Originally posted by KwayZee

That looks very good for a laptop.

thanks it plays very well, unfortunetly I wasted 2 days on rage which doesnt.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by SlothnChunk

I played the beta and BF3 is a huge disappointment so far. I'm shocked.

What is so disappointing?

Couple little glitches but nothing game-breaking (I've heard PS3 version is worse but DUH this is a PC game and PS3 coding is like... Japanese lol in comparison to PC/Xbox which are very simliar)

The suppressing/covering fire system is amazing, the sniper scope glare and red-dot lens flare are amazing additions.

The graphics are amazing, it runs smooth as butter.

And I've only played the one level (Metro) which is by design infantry only so it's not even the "full" BF experience as BF is a lot more about vehicles then MW or many other FPS games.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

The suppression system is an exciting addition for me.  I usually play as a sniper, but support with an MG is my 2nd calling in BF.  This usually meant losing points in matches with BF2 and BF2142 since I rarely got the killing shot, even though my hail of bullets gives the enemy problems.  But with suppression system in place?  Itching to try being support again.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)