Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do i get double xp?

ValanceValance Member Posts: 189
I just heard you can get double xp in this game. How is this done?

Comments

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by Valance
    I just heard you can get double xp in this game. How is this done?

Well the only two ways I know about are :

1) Play on the test sever, from what I know it has 50% exp gain, and you get too see all the cool stuff before everyone else does. Of course Test Server comes along with it's own issues but that's a WHOLE different discussion :P

2) Adventure EXP collects as you rest, actually this is a bad way to put it. Basically when your start your character you will be gaining exp at a normal rate, now lets say you leave your character for a week, you'll gain whats commonly known as rest exp. When you come back to that character, for examples sake, your character is 100% rested. At that point you will be gaining extra adventure exp (I think it's also 50%) for kills until that rest exp is depleted thus leaving you to gain adventure exp at a normal rate. What this does is basically lets you compete with players that are on there ALL the time, letting you catch up a little.

Err... hehe I hope that was clear, anyways hope that helps.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

Ya pretty much what he said. Except it's called vitality in game and it's more like 85% xp bonus. It really isn't too bad to level without it at lower levels (ie 1-30) but once you get into the mid to late 30s and especially into the 40s it becomes a real pain in the ass to level without vitality. Because of this many people (myself included) don't level without vitality unless we are very close to leveling.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• ValanceValance Member Posts: 189
    so it seems it works like WoW's rested xp. Do you get more rested xp when inside a town/inn? Or is it the same anywhere you log out?

it's the same anywhere you log out, but you get it whether you're logged in or not. That's because you get it on the hour every hour (but not much, only .5% an hour). It also caps at 100% so if you get 100% vitality and don't work it off you are effectively losing vitality.

Also, on a side note, the higher levels you get to the less vitality is worth. For istance, around level 10, 20% vitality is PLENTY to get you through several levels. Around level 30, 100% vitality is only good for about 1 level. At lvl 49, 100% vitality is only worth about 65% of your level meaning you can only level a maximum of 65% of level 49 with vitality (if you don't log off and let it build back up again).

XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335
    The default in EQ2 is double xp.  From a completely rested state, you earn experience at a double rate.  As you use up vitality, your experience ratio will decrease.  This doesn't happen very quickly though.  This should tend to slow down those players who like to go on 20 hour hunting sprees, but shouldn't grossly affect the vast majority of players as vitality loss takes a few hours to start to kick in. 

Originally posted by Cillasi
    The default in EQ2 is double xp. From a completely rested state, you earn experience at a double rate. As you use up vitality, your experience ratio will decrease. This doesn't happen very quickly though. This should tend to slow down those players who like to go on 20 hour hunting sprees, but shouldn't grossly affect the vast majority of players as vitality loss takes a few hours to start to kick in.

i'm not sure if you're saying that the amount of XP you get does down WITH your vitality, but if you are, you are mistaken. you continue to have fully double XP until you are COMPLETELY out of vitality.

XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

Actually, we are both right.  You continue to get bonus experience, but not double experience, as long as you have vitality.  Here is the answer from the knowledge base.

"All characters gain an amount of Vitality every hour, on the hour, and keep accumulating it until the maximum amount is saved up. Each time characters gain experience, they use up a portion of their Vitality and receive a bit more experience than usual. When the character runs out of Vitality, he or she no longer receives bonus experience.

Currently, the Vitality bonus is received at three different levels. At high Vitality, you're receiving matching experience for what you earn. At medium Vitality, you earn half as much bonus XP. At low Vitality, you earn one quarter bonus XP. Because each level of Vitality accumulates separately, it is possible to jump from one level to another when a previously empty pool accumulates enough bonus to draw from it. Unless a character stopped earning XP until their Vitality pools were completely full and played until they were completely empty, the bonus wasn't being awarded in a way that seemed to make logical sense.

In order to clearly show the effects of Vitality, we're going to switch to a single pool that gives a consistent amount of bonus experience."

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

No, he is right.

"In order to clearly show the effects of Vitality, we're going to switch to a single pool that gives a consistent amount of bonus experience."

Which means it does not change anymore. I'm pretty sure they've switched already, because it says you earn double xp at any percentage of vitality. A good thing to do is play 2 or 3 toons, or craft while you're building up Adv. xp or vice versa. I really like that they added this in.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

whoops

"Consistent" doesn't mean "same."  However, it does seem you are right, although that was not the way the vitality bonus originally worked.  Sorry for the misinformation.

• HankyHookHankyHook Member Posts: 10

you earn double xp if you don't make XP with monster bashin.
    This means if you are offline or if you stay afk, you earn double xp.
    Double XP is available for Adventure level and Crafterlevel, so you can make CraftingXP while Adventure Double XP is gaining.