Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are girls playing MMO's hotter than those who don't?

Comments

• bloodbath08bloodbath08 Member Posts: 11

I do believe the HOTNESS is in the eye of the beholder. The truth is girls that play RPG are totally awesome because only few play games that are meant for boys. Most girls just play browser games or not at all. So all of you guys who have girl friends playing RPG what a lucky dude you are cause i never met one in my life most of the girls acting in the game are MANY MAN ONLINE ROLE PLAYING AS GIRLS "MMORPG" hahaha

• critical9critical9 Member Posts: 8

I don't want to talk about gender or anything in relation with sexual preferences. But I can say that most of the mmo girls are really hot and they are even more hotter if they are onto cosplay.

But I prefer non-girl players. I'm not a cool type of a guy, the simplier the better.

• squish0416squish0416 Member Posts: 13

I find girls that don't play MMOs are more attractive. Regular gaming is fine, but of the female MMO players I've met, many of the above average ones are very narcissistic.

Of course, it's not just limited to MMOs but overindulging in social networking sites and the like as well.

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Just to chime in.

I met my ex-girlfriend in Aion. We had been gaming together for nearly a year before we decided to meet up. We were then in a relationship for about 7 months (long distance. As in I saw her about 3-4 times a month for a day) and then I dumped her (for my own reasons. Not game related). We had both quit Aion a few months into our relationship. Mainly because we thought it was really boring after having played it for so long.

Just a word of warning. NEVER play in the same team as your girlfriend in an MMO. Especially if she is competitive. I can say at least for mine, she was a horrible person when playing competitively and the WORST loser I've ever seen! I actually lost some of my best friends in Aion because of her attitude. She was a very good player and for a while our team was the best on the server. But she was someone you wouldn't want on a team that hopes to have any sort of stability. 

Looking back on it now. I should have stuck with bro's before hoes :(

Back on topic though. Personally, average being girls who have a 'socially acceptable' body...she was actually above average and could look quite pretty when she wanted to. Sadly she didn't have all that much of a personality. Oh and she was about 7 years younger. :p

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • johanan12johanan12 Member Posts: 49

No, mostly are nerds and normal looking but not hot. cos if your a hot chick you should probably have something better to do than to play.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

image     I dont think i did too badly. GF of the last 4 yrs. And yeah, thats me in the top hat. Couldnt figure out how to get the picture bigger. Sorry. The original picture i uploaded had better resolution but when i try to increase resolution on the uploaded one it gets fuzzy. I got her into gaming yrs before we got together and she still plays mmo's with me when she has the time.

Edit: just double click the image. Sorry.

• Alphabeta2Alphabeta2 Member Posts: 35

I think it really depends on if you think girls who play video games IS hot, rather than are?

:] If you mean looks I don't think that counts and is fair by any account. >.>

• dale25phdale25ph Member Posts: 24

Not all girls playing MMO's hotter. Think you can be with a girl doing MMO's 24 seven without taking a bath, sleeps for 1 to two hours a day trying to level their character and doesn't clean up their room. Which most looks like zombie... hehehe We don't like that do we now.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540
  • PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

They're usually chubby bitches with 3 kids with 4 different fathers who are just looking for a new guy to mooch game time from.

No.

But hey if you all you got is a dream and some privacy don't let me burst your bubble.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• UnsungTooUnsungToo Member Posts: 276

I once met one of the hottest looking women on the planet but she was a fruit cake. Y'kow Lulu?

There's way more to being "Hot" or "Hung" than looking the part.

Godspeed my fellow gamer

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Originally posted by dandydays

Yeah, i think they are. What do you think? 

0______________x

Does this question really need to be asked? I hate to sound brash, but do you have no social life away from the computer screen? 

People (and GIRLS can actually be considered people too) of all different shapes, sizes, varieties, colors, etc. do all sorts of different things. So chances are there are just as many females one might consider "hot" that play MMOs as ones they consider ugly. 

I don't have any statistics related to the subject, and I really hope there aren't any, but based on anecdotal evidence I can tell you this. I'm a female gamer, and as such I mostly associate with other humans who play video games - generally other females. I know just as many girls that could probably qualify to be a model as girls I personally think are butt a** ugly, but most of the girls I know who play MMOs I consider to be average looking like myself. And I get hit on enough to reckon that someone must genuinely think I'm hot, even though I don't have a perfect body, flawless skin, etc. (yay make up and clothes?) 

BUT if you mean "hot" as in attraction to someone in that context, versus aesthetic appeal, then it's clearly up to the individual and I ranted and raved for nothing. Personally I think it's pretty hot when guy or girl plays MMO's, because it usually means we have more in common and they have more under the hood than your average FPS/sports gamer (based on my experience) and I think knowledge is far sexier than aesthetics alone unless you just want a booty call then none of that sh** matters. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Gaming is no different a hobby to attract any type of people than say racing, shooting guns, hiking, camping, etc. That said, I have met some really good lookin' gals at clan meetings and such who blew all us dudes away when they showed up. And they even played Counter-strike back then.  But a lot has already been said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I just happened marry a beautiful volumptious woman who doesn't play MMO's per-se, but doesn't mind kicking my arse on the Wii or Xbox.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by PukeBucket

They're usually chubby bitches with 3 kids with 4 different fathers who are just looking for a new guy to mooch game time from.

No.

But hey if you all you got is a dream and some privacy don't let me burst your bubble.

Someone has been watching "The guild". :)

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Originally posted by Loke666

No.

That fat girl in that show makes me lose it, especially when I saw her put her kid in a doggy crate or whatever. O___O I about peed myself laughin. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

Originally posted by Aeroangel

No.

That fat girl in that show makes me lose it, especially when I saw her put her kid in a doggy crate or whatever. O___O I about peed myself laughin. 

Guilty. Clara's a doll btw!

But I also had to drive cross country once because a pal of mine one way Greyhound'ed to this chick's place and within 3 weeks blew through his bank account and had a "seperated" husband seperate a few of his bones. lol 

I think it's too common.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

But I also had to drive cross country once because a pal of mine one way Greyhound'ed to this chick's place and within 3 weeks blew through his bank account and had a "seperated" husband seperate a few of his bones. lol 

I think it's too common.

Lol, you wouldn't be living in a trailer park or something?

Ladies that blows a guys bank account sounds not so unlikely though.

Most ladies I know that play MMORPGs are pretty normal and well educated. A lot more normal than the ones I hang with at the pub. For some reasons does it seems like I know more school teachers and archeologists than other occupations among the female gamers...

(Advisory: Lokes view on normal might differs from yours).

• tavoctavoc Member UncommonPosts: 257

There are some hot gamer girls out there. And yes you can convert them.. unfortunately my wife refuses to play mmos anymore.. Got her to play wow for 2 hours once because i bet her if she didnt like it i would stop playing.. 2 weeks later i bought i new computer because i couldent get mine back lol. but after all that she just stoped playing. been with her for 6 years now..

Good news is tho, she thinks the asura's are cute so i might get to convert her again for gw2.. exept this time im buying her a computer and not giving up my newer 3k$ computer..

I think it's too common.

Lol, you wouldn't be living in a trailer park or something?

Ladies that blows a guys bank account sounds not so unlikely though.

Most ladies I know that play MMORPGs are pretty normal and well educated. A lot more normal than the ones I hang with at the pub. For some reasons does it seems like I know more school teachers and archeologists than other occupations among the female gamers...

(Advisory: Lokes view on normal might differs from yours).

Naw, he and I both at that time were farm boys. Had to pick him up at a trailer park. A nice one... It was seriously gated. Like a gated community, but were trailers.

He asked for it. I still rag on him to this day and he doesn't get any more favors.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

I've met hot women who play both MMOS's and FPS's. None of which (although I could of ) dated. But back in the day I never used video games as a dating tool.

My girlfriend of 5 years doesnt mind me gaming that much. It has caused arguements in the past (I can go through phases of being really addicted) but shes got used to the idea. She does enjoy playing on her Ninento wii and mini games on her Blackberry, but she will not join me in an MMO or a bout of killing in an FPS. I actually think she would enjoy playing an mmo, she thinks they look a bit daunting to master.

She thinks im joking about when I tell her to be prepared to not see much of me from 22nd December until further notice! SWTOR will be the test lol if we get thru that then shes marriage material LOL

• Trueforral1Trueforral1 Member UncommonPosts: 35

I'd say it depends on your definition of "Hot". If you consider Hot to be purely a measure of their their degree of physical beauty, then no, playing MMOs are not going to change that. The fact that they do play MMOs though shows they are not afraid to break the norm of what's commonly practiced among girls/women, and it shows that they have interests beyond : "I like to go out on fridays and get wasted on tequila," however.

The stereotypical young woman bores me to tears, because she's afraid to have any unique interests; she works, she sleeps, she watches TV, and she goes out with her friends on the weekends. Intelligent, rewarding discussions are out of the picture with these stereotypes, and every time she speaks a little part of me slowly dies within me. I prefer people that are passionate about what they do, even if it's not something I'd normally engage in.

Passionate individals, whether they are into Sports, Arts, Gaming or whatever, really are a lot hotter.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

If two girls were twins and one played mmos and the other didn't, I would date the one that didn't play.  I used to try and get my wife to play, but then she asked me, "If we're both playing your game, who is going to make dinner?"

My wife is very smart.  It's one of the reasons I love her so much.

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467

From what Ive experienced its an even mix just like with anything else... ive met a couple cuties that played MMOs but then I again ive met some beastly chicks that play as well

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

***raises plunger in slaute to gamer chicks everywhere!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• CorkCorkCorkCorkCorkCork Member Posts: 70

Some women who play MMOs are really good looking, but always put yourself on guard against whatever problematic issues that may arise if you want to pursue them romantically. No one's perfect, but sometimes or most times the most smallest character flaw, personality quirk or unwanted baggage can mean huge trouble in such a relationship.

i.e: speaking from experience

Whenever you are really bored and don't wanna play an MMO game, go to: http://librivox.org/

Hey hey hey heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy.......

This discussion has been closed.