Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Mature Player would never Pay or Play this game...

I posted this on the official forums, but wanted to share my experience with everyone. I was fully willing to pay tons of moeny to RIOT GAMES to unlock all sorts of features, but was skeptical from the start, hearing during my first game that people can be banned for no reason. I didn't believe this, and played continuously, only to find out that this wonderful game forces you to play when you don't want to, enslaves you, and punishes people if they ever go AFK (I assume if you need to go AFK in real life, you must choose between the game and your life, because you can't do both. You WILL get banned.) I'd also like to note that I never once left or went afk. Yet due to children threatening to report me, and fulfilling these threats, I was banned for 1 day. It may have been nothing, but since I did nothing wrong and in fact suffered through misery STAYING to purposefully avoid being banned, this is absolutely ridiculous enough to warrant posting on the internet to WARN other players to STAY AWAY! I've never written a review before, ever, and it's my first time posting. The principle is of RIOT GAME's ability to allow teenagers to ban you, stealing all your payed items, unlocks, etc. and the simple fact that the same people you pay for a service, can ban you from it, stealing all your money. (Good luck to those who refute the charges).

Anyways, here it is:

First off, I'd like to say this was a refreshingly fun game, and something I was VERY interested in. I've been playing a TON this past week, and have played at least a hundred games so far, unlocking several characters. It occurred to me several times to spend money to unlock a bunch of cool characters, runes, etc. I never did, due to my skepticism on hearing how you can easily get banned for practically anything.

Well, here I am, a week later, and after never leaving a single game, never going AFK a single game (out of fear of losing my unlocks), and grudgingly staying with losing teams being spawn-camped at our base feeding into the enemy with a team who doesn't surrender (what a nightmare...so boring...so pointless...) which also got me thinking "Why am I planning to support this game, when they force me to lose my time because my team's child-players refuse to surrender when we're being spawn raped? Ugh...

I know exactly why I was banned: I asked to surrender during these bad times (it had to be REALLY bad for me to want to surrender, as I almost always voted NO) I find to quite common that, without provocation, teenagers will threaten you with warnings and reports against your account.

So despite never leaving a single game, never going afk a single time, and suffering due to these horrid rules (including hurting my real life, because I simply cannot go afk or quit the game because I would be punished) I was warned and then a day later banned for being "afk" or "disconnecting" too many times. Looks like these teenagers were correct in saying they could report me without any reason, and have me banned.

The developers of LoL can simply ban you, without reason? It's irrelevant that it will never be a permanent ban, but that children, mere children, who compose the majority of the game (some of the most horrid creatures I've ever heard, to the point that I want to /ignore everyone the moment I join most games lol) can simply ban you, stripping away all that you bought or unlocked? LOL to LoL, if they think we'll pay for this.

Since children can literally report you by lying, and it results in bans...

Since LoL decides to punish players because they cannot control the trolling children...

Since this, perhaps, has the worst community I've ever experienced across over a decade of hardcore gaming and forum experience...

Since everyone is either Korean or 15 years old...

DESPITE this being a great game which I WANT and PLANNED to spend money on...

I will NOT be spending a lot to unlock new champions. Plans canceled.

I will NOT be spending even more to unlock their awesome costumes.

[B]I will NOT be spending any money at all, in any way.

I will NOT be telling my multitude of friends and family (full grown adults with wallets) about this game, at all.

I will NOT be telling my online friends or communities about this game, nor suggest its existence.

I WILL be uninstalling them game, DESPITE my love for the gameplay, the characters, the graphics-- everything about the GAME.

I will NOT be buying or playing any further RIOT GAMES developed games. Loss of all future sales.

If you have an overwhelming problem of children and teenagers who ruin the games by leaving, raging, trolling, or feeding...the solution is to NOT implement a system which allows them to abuse reporting other players, ending in the only legitimate players to be banned.

The most obvious solution is to keep servers by country (keep the non-english speaking players out of US servers, and keep the US children out of Korean servers, etc.) and to make the game charge a fee to buy or subscribe, or perhaps just $1, or a better plan to keep the children OUT and the paying customers to STAY.

If it weren't for hearing the rumors of people being banned easily and their payed and earned progress being stripped away (even for a day), I would have spent $20-$50 instantly, with plans to keep spending. Every hour I played, I wanted to spend money, but wanted to wait a week to see how this pans out. Being banned for going "AFK" too many times is simply ridiculous, because of how much it hurt me in boredom and misery to stay playing the game even during some of the worst times of refusing surrender. [B]I never went AFK once.[/B] Disconnect? Maybe twice, to rejoin ASAP. Never permanently left a game EVER. Yet children would constantly threaten me "Mid or i will report you.", "Surrender or I'll report you.", "WHY DID YOU SURRENDER? REPORTING!!!"

K. Thx. Bye.

Comments

• BunnykingBunnyking Member UncommonPosts: 126

I agree that their system of punishing players is probably the most retarded one I have ever seen.

They have empowered a playerbase of a free-to-play game. This playerbase has the most vile, most vindictive, the most immature and most untrustworthy players in ANY game I have ever seen. And they are giving these players the power to ban other players.

And yes. I. Am. One. Of. Them.

I hate this system so much that I made it my goal to ruin it as much as I could, I log on every day and just punish whatever 10 poor souls were presented to me. I figure; the more people banned, the better it is. I don't care if they're guilty or innocent. I hate them.

Empowering players with something like this is just BAD. They should never have done it.

• ShadowsilShadowsil Member Posts: 10

First, as a longtime player in his 30's, let me explain how the system works.  I state my age because obviously you believe everyone but yourself is a teenager.  Now, first off, there are many failsafes in place in LoL to prevent people from being banned without reason.  The first is the 'Leavebuster' system, which will flag you if you go afk for more than 5 minutes.  This will result in near instant bans, which seems to be the case here, but I will give you the benefit of doubt.  The second is that after a certain number of reports on your account, your case will go before the tribunal, which is basically a jury of your 'peers'.  Even if you are found guilty there, the case is reviewed by an employee before you are actually banned.

Many, many people go to forums to complain about their unwarranted ban.  And in every case I have seen the ban has been deserved (You go public to call them out, most often they will make your case public, which is their right).  To be banned in your first week though, while complaining about how you can't AFK without being banned (but you would NEVER do that), sounds like the Leavebuster system got you.

I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone that complains on the forums or in game.  If you don't have 30-60 minutes for a regular match, or 20 minutes for a Dominion match, DO NOT QUEUE UP.  Plain and simple.  Yes, emergencies call you away from the game, which is why you are allowed a certain number of leaves on your account before being banned. 

As for kids, I have a 2 year old daughter.  Which is why I play during her naptime, or once shes asleep.  Otherwise I run the risk of having to AFK and ruin the game for the other 9 people in my match.

Edit:  How pathetic is it to waste your time playing a game just to grief others Bunny?  You whine about immature players while proving you are the worst kind.  Oh, and you reporting every player in a match isn't going to get you anywhere but wasting your time, since for the case to go to tribunal a certain number of reports must be made on that person, both over time and during an individual match.  And even if the case goes to tribunal, there are plenty of players that take it seriously, and even if they didn't an employee reviews each case that is voted negatively before issuing a punishment.

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364

Originally posted by Shadowsil

First, as a longtime player in his 30's, let me explain how the system works.  I state my age because obviously you believe everyone but yourself is a teenager.  Now, first off, there are many failsafes in place in LoL to prevent people from being banned without reason.  The first is the 'Leavebuster' system, which will flag you if you go afk for more than 5 minutes.  This will result in near instant bans, which seems to be the case here, but I will give you the benefit of doubt.  The second is that after a certain number of reports on your account, your case will go before the tribunal, which is basically a jury of your 'peers'.  Even if you are found guilty there, the case is reviewed by an employee before you are actually banned.

Many, many people go to forums to complain about their unwarranted ban.  And in every case I have seen the ban has been deserved (You go public to call them out, most often they will make your case public, which is their right).  To be banned in your first week though, while complaining about how you can't AFK without being banned (but you would NEVER do that), sounds like the Leavebuster system got you.

I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone that complains on the forums or in game.  If you don't have 30-60 minutes for a regular match, or 20 minutes for a Dominion match, DO NOT QUEUE UP.  Plain and simple.  Yes, emergencies call you away from the game, which is why you are allowed a certain number of leaves on your account before being banned. 

As for kids, I have a 2 year old daughter.  Which is why I play during her naptime, or once shes asleep.  Otherwise I run the risk of having to AFK and ruin the game for the other 9 people in my match.

I have unlimited freetime, so I do not play unless I have the time. This doesn't mean real life doesn't happen (especially when you play all day some days). Regardless, I have never received a message in game stating I was afk, or a disconnect screen like in MMORPG's (if you are AFK for too long).

It is quite obvious I am correct despite never having gone AFK a single time. I really dislike that you villainize me for WANTING to go AFK, because I have worked very hard to never go AFK solely for the fact that I never wanted to get banned. This was a grievous experience, which IMO is very negative to the gamer.

While I understand it is easy on the internet to naturally assume "If he was banned, he deserved it!" which is typically true, but League of Legends is perhaps the only system I know of where the typical internet norms do NOT apply in relation to bans.

The post directly above you is proof that people are being banned because the very children the system is meant to get, are instead abusing it to get legitimate, mature players.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Stop playing the victim card, OP. Please.  I see enough of this entitlement crying for bad behavior on the news.

I wish more multiplayer and cooperative online game code banned players for 6-hours, then 12, then 24, etc. for repeatedly going afk during a cooperative match, or participating for the sake of quitting when things get challenging, which ruins the entertainment experience for the others.

I have not experienced Riot banning for no reason.  I have received a ban for unexpectedly going afk from a match or having to run for some poorly planned real-life happening.  Haha…I’ve gotten 3 bans as a matter of fact, and ya know what. . .I deserved it because I have a real-life that takes precedence.  However, even though my real-life takes precedence for ‘me’, it doesn’t mean that I wasn’t an inconsiderate ass for not making sure I can sit-down for 30-minutes or so to play a match. 

And yes, I gave Riot $10 last month because I was and am still very impressed with their entertainment product.  So when you sit-down to play a match, have some mature consideration.  Yes be considerate of others that have been considerate enough to play and tough it out.  And if you come across a douchey player in-game that isn’t gaming or is afk, then report them.

To improve your experience, find other like-minded groups to play with and don’t be such a child that feels as though you have to quit or surrender when it’s likely you’ll lose.  What a defeatist and infantile attitude to have.  Probably not an attitude that is surprising in todays climate of welfare, free-stuff and entitlements, but whatever.

Oh, and you reporting every player in a match isn't going to get you anywhere but wasting your time, since for the case to go to tribunal a certain number of reports must be made on that person, both over time and during an individual match.  And even if the case goes to tribunal, there are plenty of players that take it seriously, and even if they didn't an employee reviews each case that is voted negatively before issuing a punishment.

No... you are missing the point entirely. People like him are overwhelming the game. You do not understand, if a team loses, regardless of what you did or didn't do, there are children and trolls who will report everyone. These stack up VERY quickly.

For you to have so much blind faith and trust in a tribunal of LoL players, and then to believe the employees take every case so seriously, is simply very, very naive. Have you ever worked in customer service, a complaint department, or a "review board" online? These are often cut-and-paste solutions.

A very small amount of employees are assigned the task of dealing with an endless supply of complaints, tickets, and "cases". These employees not only do not care about their job, are disgusted with the game, but most likely view every case in a black & white (mostly black) light. They do not spend more than a few seconds on any one case, I assure you. As for this "tribunal", I have no comment, as a community-based group of people is just laughable at best. (As is an employee-based review system, as they simply don't care and look at stats, click a button, and nothing more. They do not care about justice, you, or the game.)

I am surprised when a fully grown adult shows a very disconcerning amount of blind trust in a company, as if those employees are "the law, true, good, and just." and that the system isn't flawed. It's a game...and for that sole reason, it will never have a quality control system for its community. They call it the "ban-hammer" for a reason.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

"Jury of peers" in a game is asking for massive problems along with people being overly critical of new players is enough to make me cringe. This site isnt the only one Ive heard these complaints. I was tempted to try this game out, but sadly i will not.

***Raving Rabbid eagerly awaits SWTOR after beta weekend!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Stop playing the victim card, OP. Please.  I see enough of this entitlement crying for bad behavior on the news.

I wish more multiplayer and cooperative online game code banned players for 6-hours, then 12, then 24, etc. for repeatedly going afk during a cooperative match, or participating for the sake of quitting when things get challenging, which ruins the entertainment experience for the others.

I have not experienced Riot banning for no reason.  I have received a ban for unexpectedly going afk from a match or having to run for some poorly planned real-life happening.  Haha…I’ve gotten 3 bans as a matter of fact, and ya know what. . .I deserved it because I have a real-life that takes precedence.  However, even though my real-life takes precedence for ‘me’, it doesn’t mean that I wasn’t an inconsiderate ass for not making sure I can sit-down for 30-minutes or so to play a match. 

And yes, I gave Riot $10 last month because I was and am still very impressed with their entertainment product.  So when you sit-down to play a match, have some mature consideration.  Yes be considerate of others that have been considerate enough to play and tough it out.  And if you come across a douchey player in-game that isn’t gaming or is afk, then report them.

To improve your experience, find other like-minded groups to play with and don’t be such a child that feels as though you have to quit or surrender when it’s likely you’ll lose.  What a defeatist and infantile attitude to have.  Probably not an attitude that is surprising in todays climate of welfare, free-stuff and entitlements, but whatever.

It amazes me that you did not read the OP. It is a very rare occurance for me to surrender or want to surrender, and I stated that.

The only times I will ever vote yes to a surrender, is when all five players are being fed, with the enemy in our base farming us, without destroying our base, or when the enemy team is level 18 and most of our team is still below 10. These are very rare occurances. I mostly get reported when children want to surrender for absolutely no reason, and I vote NO.

Victim card? Get a life, seriously. I am not playing a victim or feeling "entitled" to anything except to be able to play my video games and enjoy them, without having children half my age gang up on me and report me because I refused to cater to THEIR entitlement issues.

Who are you even talking to? How in the WORLD can you read the OP and get a "defeatist and infailt attitude" without projecting onto me and creating an illusionary person instead? As I said in the OP and just now, I do not give up easily. I have a very thick skin, am quite good at any game I play due to my gaming experience, and do not do anything provocative to get these children to report me. If you've never experienced a child saying "I get mid or I report.", 12 minutes into the game "Trade me lanes or I report.", or "Surrender or all of you get reported." then consider yourself lucky.

I find it very sad that you attack innocent, mature players, and instantly label them to be "entitled whining infantile defeatists" without even reading the OP. I know you did not read it, but merely skimmed it, because your lack of thought in your post clearly indicates you don't even know who you are talking to.

I am ashamed of people like you existing in our world. You give money to a company with such horrible philosophies, and support them because *you* have never been spammed with reports by groups of children who you refused to submit to when they requested ridiculous entitlement in game.

Are you on right now? I would love to play with you, just to show you what kind of children are there, and to prove that I do NOT surrender easy. PM me and I will play with you right now. I'd love to, if it means a quality game or to prove my point and stop feeding them money.

Originally posted by LeegOfChldrn

It is quite obvious I am correct despite never having gone AFK a single time. I really dislike that you villainize me for WANTING to go AFK, because I have worked very hard to never go AFK solely for the fact that I never wanted to get banned. This was a grievous experience, which IMO is very negative to the gamer.

While I understand it is easy on the internet to naturally assume "If he was banned, he deserved it!" which is typically true, but League of Legends is perhaps the only system I know of where the typical internet norms do NOT apply in relation to bans.

The post directly above you is proof that people are being banned because the very children the system is meant to get, are instead abusing it to get legitimate, mature players.

Try reading my entire post.  There are plenty of failsafes to prevent players from getting unwarranted bans.  As for letting you know you are afk too long?  Even a brief time afk is too long in a team oriented game.  Just the face that you even know it doesn't warn you or kick you out of the match leads me to assume you went afk, otherwise how else would you know?

As for villainizing you, if you go afk, you are the villain.  AFK for 5 minutes and you have ruined the match for 9 other players.  Please, explain to me how this is fair for them?  What do you want, a pause button?  Would you enjoy a 60 minute match wasted because someone decides to leave near the end, or goes afk?

You will eventually have an employee explain to you, quite publicly why you were banned.  Please, understand that this will make many of us smile knowing you were publicly chastised and hopefully you will move on to single player games where you can pause when you need a potty break.  As for Bunnyking proving anything at all, please read over any and all information relevant to the tribunal and you will understand how his small mindedness has no effect whatsoever on the game, or who gets banned.

EDIT:  I think you are failing to see how-if your 'enjoyment' of the game involves you going afk when you please-you are placing your enjoyment over the fun of 9 others.  As for the idiots that say 'surrender or I report'  Just politely explain why you won't surrender, and ignore them, figuratively or litterally.  I get threats like that every other match it seems, and I have never been banned.  If people on the other hand are telling you to take a lane, like mid lane, ask why.  Most of the players you meet at low levels are experienced(People roll alts like any other mmo), and you should listen instead of getting riled.

Try reading my entire post.  There are plenty of failsafes to prevent players from getting unwarranted bans.  As for letting you know you are afk too long?  Even a brief time afk is too long in a team oriented game.  Just the face that you even know it doesn't warn you or kick you out of the match leads me to assume you went afk, otherwise how else would you know?

As for villainizing you, if you go afk, you are the villain.  AFK for 5 minutes and you have ruined the match for 9 other players.  Please, explain to me how this is fair for them?  What do you want, a pause button?  Would you enjoy a 60 minute match wasted because someone decides to leave near the end, or goes afk?

You will eventually have an employee explain to you, quite publicly why you were banned.  Please, understand that this will make many of us smile knowing you were publicly chastised and hopefully you will move on to single player games where you can pause when you need a potty break.  As for Bunnyking proving anything at all, please read over any and all information relevant to the tribunal and you will understand how his small mindedness has no effect whatsoever on the game, or who gets banned.

I've never went AFK...which I repeated about four times already in this thread...

Not really quite sure why you insist I've gone AFK, when you surely must have read I never have before, to my detriment.

Why do you people insist on villanizing people just because they point out a flaw in your game? I am not attaking YOU by "attacking" your game. I am merely pointing out one of the most horrible systems and communities within one of the most entertaining games I've played in quite awhile.

If you are online right now, I'd love to play with you to show you how little I go AFK.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I have unlimited freetime, so I do not play unless I have the time. This doesn't mean real life doesn't happen (especially when you play all day some days). Regardless, I have never received a message in game stating I was afk, or a disconnect screen like in MMORPG's (if you are AFK for too long).

I don't belive you.  Your attitude makes you seem weak and that you have been taken advantage of by the system, the company or by children.  IF you are an adult, that doesn't make you look good at all.

Then you air this issue in public.  You can't prove you are correct you can only supply your version which at best is biased.  That makes you seem like a troll.

The way you reacted to some of the posters as if you were hurt, makes me feel like you are not that mature.  It's only a video game and mature adults have other things going on in their life such that a ban isn't a real problem.

Count to 10 and take a deep breath.  Then deal with it calmly.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by RavingRabbid

"Jury of peers" in a game is asking for massive problems along with people being overly critical of new players is enough to make me cringe. This site isnt the only one Ive heard these complaints. I was tempted to try this game out, but sadly i will not.

Exactly. I am surprised so many fully grown adults (two so far) are so naive that they think this is a quality idea and service.

I guess to them, anyone who is ever banned is guilty, despite innocence. Anyone who is accused and states "This is incorrect." is playing the victim card. Anyone who believes they shouldn't be banned because they didn't give in to teenager's wishes for entitlement, are in reality the ones who have entitlement problems. I guess not being banned is the only way to be truly "hardcore" in this internet world of ours.

Well...at least to these two adults.

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

If Riot actually banned people unfairly and only going by what the Tribunal says without reviewing themselves, then I promise there would be far less people playing. You got banned for a good reason I am sure and didn't like it. Perhaps you should grow up a bit and take responsibility for something you did without blaming everyone but yourself.

Alright, I apologize, and give you the benefit of doubt.  You have never gone afk, LoL has a flawed system that does not allow people to AFK (would love to even know how that would work outside a pause button and still be fair, but then people would abuse the pause button).  You have devoted very little time to the game, and not invested any money, so consider yourself lucky for not paying for a game you obviously don't like.  I am attempting to explain the flaws in your OP though, and, through whatever obscure rule you do or do not agree with, your ban was justified.  It was not decided by children with evil intentions, they can only rule on cases that then go to an employee.

I would suggest staying away from MOBA's though.  I have played quite a few, like DOTA, HoN, and a couple others that are wrapping up beta, and the community is the same everywhere, both in and out of game.  You have to have thick skin to play MOBA's, and accept that from level 1 up to high level tournament play you cannot AFK.  Same goes for just about any competative team oriented game.

Originally posted by waynejr2

I don't belive you.  Your attitude makes you seem weak and that you have been taken advantage of by the system, the company or by children.  IF you are an adult, that doesn't make you look good at all.

Then you air this issue in public.  You can't prove you are correct you can only supply your version which at best is biased.  That makes you seem like a troll.

The way you reacted to some of the posters as if you were hurt, makes me feel like you are not that mature.  It's only a video game and mature adults have other things going on in their life such that a ban isn't a real problem.

Count to 10 and take a deep breath.  Then deal with it calmly.

I believe you are creating someone else entirely, who you wish to see. I have remained calm this entire time, and even during my post.

Might I suggest you attempt to prevent yourself from creating your own tone online, stereotyping people based on that tone, and then molding a new creation (labels and all) based on this phantom-person you attach to people based on these stereotypes?

"The way I react to some of the posters as if you were hurt, makes me feel like you are not that mature."

Um...hurt? What? I am merely responding...how is this a bad thing? Socializing with others, communicating, and discussing the thread topic is exactly why people come to these forums...

"Your attitude makes you seem weak"

If you would like, I'd absolutely love to give you my home address, and if you want I can prove to you just how "weak" I am :) I am just kidding (I wish you no harm) but as you can see, I am certainly not weak. I do, however, enjoy a good ass-kicking in real life whenever the person is really really asking for it ;) so it's not entirely empty, LOL! Do you live near London?

I have quite a lot of forum experience over the decade(s) I've been online. One of the first things you need to learn is to NOT make random assumptions, create new people from tone which does not exist, and label others based on these imaginary assumptions. As I said, I have a very thick skin due to my years of experience on all sorts of forums / communities. Nothing you could say can offend me, and if you think I'm weak then perhaps you are merely projecting yourself on to me, and this is how you feel about yourself.

After all, tone doesn't exist on the internet, so the only thing you can see is what you project.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Originally posted by RavingRabbid

Exactly. I am surprised so many fully grown adults (two so far) are so naive that they think this is a quality idea and service.

I guess to them, anyone who is ever banned is guilty, despite innocence. Anyone who is accused and states "This is incorrect." is playing the victim card. Anyone who believes they shouldn't be banned because they didn't give in to teenager's wishes for entitlement, are in reality the ones who have entitlement problems. I guess not being banned is the only way to be truly "hardcore" in this internet world of ours.

Well...at least to these two adults.

I believe also which I didnt think of initially while writing the post is that not everyone that is an adult is mature. What makes me cringe also is the fact that an immature adult could've had a bad day and decide to take it out on another player which makes this far worse and downright scary.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

You probably either fed consecutively, trolled, AFK'd, disconnected too many times, verbally harrased someone or did something else terrible which at best got you banned for a few hours or days. You need to have done something REALLY terrible to be permanently banned. Also funny you complain about immature players cause this post is nothing short of immature either. First of all, the first thing you should have done is send a ticket to Riot asking for information, did you do that yet?

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

If you dont understand while people get punished if they leave or go afk while playing a game then this is really not a game for you to play and YOU have no idea what you are even doing/playing.

you going afk in a 5vs5 match will ruin the game for 9 other players.

If everyone could just go afk then there would be no gameplay. It is a competive game and there are diffrent game modes to choose from.

there newest mode Dominion: average gametime 15 to 20 minutes.

then you have 3vs3 matches: average gametime 20 to 30 minutes

and then the 5vs5 matches wich mostyl take 30 to 45 minutes but could easilty go up to 1 hour.

Why go AFK? if you dont intend to play a full match DONT PLAY AT ALL.

it is a competive game and yes people need to get punished if they go afk since it ruins the expierience for other people and can even ruin there acount if they are playing ranked matches

Originally posted by Archeminos

If Riot actually banned people unfairly and only going by what the Tribunal says without reviewing themselves, then I promise there would be far less people playing. You got banned for a good reason I am sure and didn't like it. Perhaps you should grow up a bit and take responsibility for something you did without blaming everyone but yourself.

I'm sorry Archeminos, but if you look across the forums, there are actually hundreds of mature adults who refuse to play LoL or DoTA games solely because of Riot's actions, the horrible community, and the endless amount of freebie-loving children. So in reality, there most likely ARE "far less people" paying. You fail to realize the amount of people playing are playing for free. A quality game like this, for free, brings in a lot of people even with a bad system! Banned? No problem! Just recreate your account.

Paying customers however, when banned, do not return.

I fully realize it is very difficult for you to believe someone was banned without reason, that this "Tribunal" of yours are legitimately intelligent as a group, and that a CSR employee truly does care about the game, their jobs, and carefully weighs each case with impunity.

However, this is not a MMORPG. In fact, I have never been banned, warned, or (to my knowledge) even reported in any MMORPG I've played, and I have been playing them for over a decade. I am quite a hardcore gamer, and thus believe it is important to play with other people's enjoyment in mind (even my enemies) and I find it silly that I am being accused of lying, being AFK. Why do I find this silly? I have actually worked quite hard to avoid EVER going afk, and avoid being reported in any way. Despite this, no matter what I do, if I am to vote no to a silly surrender or yes to an inevitable loss (I do not initialize the votes) then I get reported because children get upset.

I have been disconnected about 2-3 times, but I reconnected ASAP, and have never stayed disconnected. I'm sure the "Tribunal" and CSR who "reviewed my case" saw this, and (I assume) stacked this against me when making the normal assumption "Guilty before proven innocent."

Perhaps instead of me "growing up a bit and take responsibility for something you did", you should be the one to grow up and realize that humans error, especially in a community like LoL, or a dead-end job of a CSR. I realize it is human nature in our society to believe "Guilty before proven innocent" due to social media's influence on your mind, but I really do impress upon you the importance of "growing up a bit" by attempting to "take responsibility for something you did", which is to create every person you see into some sort of whining, immature liar.

I see your type every day at my job... you believe that a big corporation with professional employees would never ever ever, not in a million years, neglect their beloved, precious customers. It must be those who believe they are victims! These are the evil doers, the problem children, the spoiled entitlement scam artists, the guilty liars! I'm sorry, but it's actually quite the opposite. Usually when someone has a complaint, it's legitimate. I also love how no one here addresses the fact that RIOT GAMES is allowed to ban people who pay them money, inevitably stealing from the customers.

Power to the customer? No. The customer is a whining, evil, lying, scamming, infantile man-child. The business which makes millions in profit is fully allowed, with all god-given rights, to sell a service and then to immediately deny that service to its customers. After all, the corporation is perfect, just, and righteous. It's the evil customer who DESERVES to be denied service after paying! Even if they didn't do anything wrong this time, they MUST be a troublemaker if they were even incorrectly accused.

Ah, the mentality of the average consumer... so very, very sad. The very people who are being taken advantage of, believe in the opposite of what is actually happening to them.

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

How ironic reading the title of the OP and finding that his post is nothing but a childish rant.

As someone already explained, there's no way you are banned for "no reason".

I have been playing LoL even before Season One and have over 2500 matches and not once, I repeat, NOT ONCE, I've ever been banned.

If you read the Summoner Code and abide by it at all times...you won't get a ban, ever.

Ready for GW2!!!

Originally posted by Onigod

If you dont understand while people get punished if they leave or go afk while playing a game then this is really not a game for you to play and YOU have no idea what you are even doing/playing.

you going afk in a 5vs5 match will ruin the game for 9 other players.

If everyone could just go afk then there would be no gameplay. It is a competive game and there are diffrent game modes to choose from.

there newest mode Dominion: average gametime 15 to 20 minutes.

then you have 3vs3 matches: average gametime 20 to 30 minutes

and then the 5vs5 matches wich mostyl take 30 to 45 minutes but could easilty go up to 1 hour.

Why go AFK? if you dont intend to play a full match DONT PLAY AT ALL.

it is a competive game and yes people need to get punished if they go afk since it ruins the expierience for other people and can even ruin there acount if they are playing ranked matches

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Not a single reference to the simple fact I have repeated, over FIVE times, including multiple times in the OP, that I have never, ever, ever went AFK, to my misery.

How you come to this conclusion is beyond me, and this is perhaps as bad as "How is babby formed?"

Originally posted by jvxmtg

How ironic reading the title of the OP and finding that his post is nothing but a childish rant.

I have been playing LoL even before Season One and have over 2500 matches and not once, I repeat, NOT ONCE, I've ever been banned.

If you read the Summoner Code and abide by it at all times...you won't get a ban, ever.

Please log in to your account on League of Legends, and play a few games with me, and 8 other players.

All 9 of us will report you for being AFK at the end of every single game. A few days later when your account is banned, you will be apologizing to me for everything you just said here.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Well, Leeg, I did respond to your PM to play with you.  Hope it wasnt some ill-will attempt to "report" me to the LoL Tribunal for being afk in a game we never played.

Anyway, here is another MOBA you should check-out, with probably a smaller and more mature player-base.  http://www.riseofimmortals.com/

Rise of Immortals is newer and not bad by any means.

Please log in to your account on League of Legends, and play a few games with me, and 8 other players.

All 9 of us will report you for being AFK at the end of every single game. A few days later when your account is banned, you will be apologizing to me for everything you just said here.

And here I thought I was done with this thread..

You want someone to play with you while stating up front you will report them?  Love the maturity there.  Anyway, as I stated before, people threaten to report me all the time and I have never received a ban.  Like I said, the tribunal is a jury of your peers, even if they are in a bad mood and find you guilty for no reason, the Judge(insert riot employee here) decides the punishment, if any.  Yes, the system has flaws, just as our own judicial system in the US it is modelled after.

My suggestion to anyone in and out of the game is this;  If someone threatens you, laugh it off.  If they follow through with the threat, report them for it (Yes, false reporting is punishable).  In the end, both cases will be reviewed by a riot employee, and it will be obvious who is at fault.

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Well, Leeg, I did respond to your PM to play with you.  Hope it wasnt some ill-will attempt to "report" me to the LoL Tribunal for being afk in a game we never played.

Anyway, here is another MOBA you should check-out, with probably a smaller and more mature player-base.  http://www.riseofimmortals.com/

Rise of Immortals is newer and not bad by any means.

Thanks, but I actually love LoL too much to enjoy that game. (It's how I found LoL). Specifically, I love Jungling, and LoL's characters are simply addicted!

I will, however, never pay a dime to RIOT GAMES due to their philosophy on banning both guilty and innocent players.

1) I don't believe a paying customer should ever be denied what they payed for, unless exploiting/cheating in a MMORPG, hacking databases, or other illegal activities. If banned or suspended, all money should be refunded. I believe this to be important to give power to consumers, so that corporations cannot accept payment for a service, and then immediately deny this service. In the real world, corporations who do this get sued and usually settle. Currently, we faux-sign psuedo-documents, giving all rights and power to corporations, which IMO is incorrect. It should be a mutual contract, where players agree to pay a subscription to use a service, and if the service is denied before the subscription is finished, a refund is given. If suspended in any way, additional game time must be given to insure the subscription lasts for the agree upon day, and if suspended the customer has the right to a refund.

Consumers need rights, so they cannot be screwed out of their hard earned money. We must remember in all of this, the CONSUMER is the one who works hard for the money, not the corporations who collect millions in revenue. Yes, the corporation does work hard to produce a quality product (sometimes) and quality service (sometimes), but it is the consumer who is working their butts off to fund their entertainment and services. Stealing money from consumers is never the answer, even for a corporation to be treated well. (Solely because corporations are powerful and can easily suffer the hurt, while consumers are weak, divided, and it becomes very difficult to become a single, powerful entity which can take on the corporation.)

2) Banning of any innocent players immediately sets off my skepticism and mistrust of RIOT GAMES. "If they can do this to other people, they can do this to me!" I will never support a business which has a possibility of stealing my money for absolutely no reason. As for MMORPG's? I have never had any trouble with them, but if I were to be banned I would dispute the charge immediately. I have a multitude of friends who always win, usually by the corporation providing a refund, when disputing a charge. (A refund is given for accidental charges or disatisfied product, while a undisputed chargeback is accepted for bans or suspensions.)

I actually have had and have heard of wonderful encounters with BLIZZARD's customer service in relation to refunds. This company has so much money, they are comfortable and not greedy at all, fully allowing refunds to those who request it because of accidental reoccuring charge, suspension, bans (denial of service), or disatisfaction. NCSoft also, despite its corporate greedy nature, treats its customers quite well as well. It is very nice that their greed doesn't extend to the customer, and stops at screwing its own partners (Richard Garriott). It's also wonderful that Mr. Garriott successfully sued NCSoft for 20+ million, because it shows the justice system DOES work sometimes in delivering quality justice and fair results. (Unlike RIOT GAME's unjust system.)

Customer has power, or doesn't pay. It's my choice, and my wallet counts :)

This is one of those rare occurences when the attitude of "If you don't like it, then leave!" applies. I am doing just that. Funny how people still have this attitude even after you leave. Funny how people respond when you are trying to help them by telling of injustice, which is echoed throughout the internet across hundreds of threads stating the exact same thing.

Try the LoL official forums. Every day there are legitimately mature people who wish to know what they did to get banned. Many want to know because they want to stop those actions so they won't get banned in the future. When they are told they went "AFK" too many times, when this is simply not true, what else are they suppose to do besides quit?

And here I thought I was done with this thread..

You want someone to play with you while stating up front you will report them?  Love the maturity there.  Anyway, as I stated before, people threaten to report me all the time and I have never received a ban.  Like I said, the tribunal is a jury of your peers, even if they are in a bad mood and find you guilty for no reason, the Judge(insert riot employee here) decides the punishment, if any.  Yes, the system has flaws, just as our own judicial system in the US it is modelled after.

My suggestion to anyone in and out of the game is this;  If someone threatens you, laugh it off.  If they follow through with the threat, report them for it (Yes, false reporting is punishable).  In the end, both cases will be reviewed by a riot employee, and it will be obvious who is at fault.

How will it be obvious who is at fault?

I'm sorry for the delay, I have to reinstall the game and redownload it. I had the uninstall screen up, thinking I hadn't yet clicked "uninstall" and to my mistake after sending the invite, I had already finished.