Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online FREE TO PLAY in month

I wonder how many people like me are looking forward to seeing DC UNIVERSE ONLINE go free to play next month. read the article posted on the front page with link to it following..

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE FEATURE ARTICLE

In the article or following it they mentioned its free to play in a month, so wondering how many people plan to check it out when it goes FREE TO PLAY.

I'm looking forward to this game/checking it out for free. Wondering how they balance the universe. Can you be like superman when your high level?

How many other people plan to check it out when it goes free to play in a month?

==========================
The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

Comments

• PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

Haha, no-one plays as Superman my friend!

Still, hoping the F2P model will work a lot better for them - I had a lot of fun with this one.

Will have to dig out my old Mental Controller.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

You can be like superman, put all your points into brawling/flight/iconic powers. You might be a bit gimp though...

• TirinasTirinas Member Posts: 117

Originally posted by blackcat35

I wonder how many people like me are looking forward to seeing DC UNIVERSE ONLINE go free to play next month. read the article posted on the front page with link to it following..

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/350/feature/5646/DC-Universe-Online-Fight-for-the-Light-MiniReview.html

In the article or following it they mentioned its free to play in a month, so wondering how many people plan to check it out when it goes FREE TO PLAY.

I'm looking forward to this game/checking it out for free. Wondering how they balance the universe. Can you be like superman when your high level?

How many other people plan to check it out when it goes free to play in a month?

i used to play this since it got out and enjoyed myself quite a bit. Ofcourse when everyone started leaving because of the bugs and what not there wasn't really anything keeping me there as the world was barren and devoid of life, i even checked it out a month back and only saw one player in the whole villain base.

Anyways it's good to hear they're going F2P with this cos that might just ressurect it from the dead barren world it is at the moment, hell i almost know for sure it will. I'll probably be playing this with my brother as he never tried it so it's a nice chance for him to try it out.

• joanne71joanne71 Member Posts: 63

I started to play a month ago and was quite excited - until I reached level 12 and realized there were like 12 other people on the entire server - and they had already consolidated all the shards to a single server...

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by joanne71

I started to play a month ago and was quite excited - until I reached level 12 and realized there were like 12 other people on the entire server - and they had already consolidated all the shards to a single server...

Makes me wonder what server you played on, the pve shard is fairly lively.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I guess the whole super-hero genre is going f2p.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Doesn't matter if it goes F2P.  DCUO is still a very shallow game.

Edit to add:  Oh I forgot to add... it's still SOE running the show.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

I think f2p will be a great success on the console, I will be back playing again but more casually like I do all my other multiplay console games.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by sancher36

I think f2p will be a great success on the console, I will be back playing again but more casually like I do all my other multiplay console games.

I will check it out on my PS3.

I normally mostly play 360, but maybe this will be worth powering up the PS3 more often.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Originally posted by sancher36

I actually think the opposite.

Sure there will be plenty of people playing but in order to be a success it will need to be making money from them, and if betaing the PS3 version last year and seeing the reaction of people when they learnt it had a sub had shown me anything.. it's that console purists won't be willing to spend a dime and will likely just take it for what it is.

I know I plan on playing it for free, since the most fun I had with it was just screwing around in the world and no restrictions set in place will be stopping me from enjoying that.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/

Hell I play a few demos on it instead of the real games all the time, and for the same reason too (like the Just Cause 2 demo for example lol, there's even a glitch in it to allow semi-full access and no time limit).

So I for one will be treating DCUO in the same sense and i'm willing to bet many others will too, and chances are it won't be running for long on PS3 because of that.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Well. Will they require people to enter payment information such as credit card numbers before allowing you play? Or will it be like CO or CoH where you don't need to?

Getting my credit card replaced last time as a result of their operating culture will make or break whether I so much as download the client. Simple as that. In fact if they didn't as an F2P player there's no way in heck I'd spend a cent in their market for that same reason.

Like someone else said earlier, at the most to fly about the world during other game's maintenance downtime.