Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any news about Hero's Journey?

cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181

Any news about Hero's Journey?

Comments

• lordpenquinlordpenquin Member Posts: 129

It's never going to happen.  Another one of those MMOs that died on the vine.  They just ran out of money and turned into dust.

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

They should be doing ok on money. They sold there game engine to BioWare, that they are using for Star Wars - Kotor. Changed there focus to selling the game engine for sure. Yet they should be doing better off then they were before.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

primeonline is also using it too

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Nivisiru

They should be doing ok on money. They sold there game engine to BioWare, that they are using for Star Wars - Kotor. Changed there focus to selling the game engine for sure. Yet they should be doing better off then they were before.

Didn't they layoff the dev staff on this project? 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Not that I know of, its a shame too because I thought that game looked really interesting. Maybe theyll sell the game to another studio but its been a while since ive looked at it so who knows, it may be dated by todays standards and unsalvageable. Sad story...

• GreenKnight1776GreenKnight1776 Member Posts: 57

Holy necro thread Batman!

The real question here is why, exactly is this MMO still even listed on this site? They pulled Spellborn, for example out of here faster than a bat out of hades, but they keep Hero's Journey listed because...it is vaporware?

Can anyone from MMORPG can explain this?

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Err i thought this was a dead as a dodo ,so why is it in the hyped games section ?image

p>
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Nivisiru

There was an official announcement on the former Hero's Journey page about this indeed.

The Hero's engine they developed for this MMO is only being developed/maintaned for sale & distribution pruposes and not to fuel their own game :(

This kinda saddened me to hear, because they are able to make a kick-ass engine (sure of it, or BioWare would not use it), but not able to make a good MMO around it...

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

They sold the hero engine to some company that will most likly never make a mmo game,they just got some property rigths at a bargain price.I think they most likely jumped on this bargain because of the SWTOR game.I have no idea how the contract was designed,perhaps it is based on SWTOR's success,so hanging onto this property could pay out some decent cash in the long run.

IMO developers with little money can never produce a complete solid prioect.The best effort to date has been Vanguard,which is truly amazing for the budget they had however they imo just copied EQ2 with a few tweaks.

The next best game to watch and is also carrying a huge budget is Mr.Schilling's 38 studio game.What makes this game interesting is that Curt is a huge gamer himself,so you know it is being designed by a true mmorpg gamer.

Curt put up 60 million of his own money and they quickly swallowed that up.They then brought in several new investors,so this game imo will top 100 million for sure.

There are other factors ,big names working on it,Curt has a vision to go beyond this game and it has already been worked on for several years,so it is not being rushed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by Wizardry

They sold the hero engine to some company that will most likly never make a mmo game,they just got some property rigths at a bargain price.I think they most likely jumped on this bargain because of the SWTOR game.I have no idea how the contract was designed,perhaps it is based on SWTOR's success,so hanging onto this property could pay out some decent cash in the long run.

IMO developers with little money can never produce a complete solid prioect.The best effort to date has been Vanguard,which is truly amazing for the budget they had however they imo just copied EQ2 with a few tweaks.

The next best game to watch and is also carrying a huge budget is Mr.Schilling's 38 studio game.What makes this game interesting is that Curt is a huge gamer himself,so you know it is being designed by a true mmorpg gamer.

Curt put up 60 million of his own money and they quickly swallowed that up.They then brought in several new investors,so this game imo will top 100 million for sure.

There are other factors ,big names working on it,Curt has a vision to go beyond this game and it has already been worked on for several years,so it is not being rushed.

Yep have my eye out for for Curt's project Copernicus or the Mo version of Amalar,also have seen the hero engine or a very early framework for it when i was one of the first 100 or so to try the Alpha for Prime,very basic just testiing but  very impressive alll the same the engine really is solid.

Hopefully SWTOR can live up to my expectations but  recently spoken to a Beta tester and they are not that impressed but time will tell as with every Mo out there.Regarding Heroes Journey if they get that up and running as a project could be one to watch for.

Also Vanguard did have money at first as Microsoft funded Sigil then the game was sold to i expect SOE,just hope they give VG some Dev time as it's hit a mini revival these days,

p>