Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Browser Game

IkonicIkonic Member UncommonPosts: 310

Uhg, really? How disappointing. Also, at this point how does this meet the requirment to be added to the game list? I was under the impression that a new game needed screenshots and other info, not just a front page of a website?

Comments

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247

It probably has something to do with Hasbro being behind the creation.

Still.. browser? seriously?

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Hmm well a couple of things about this title are indicative its browser based:

1.) Jagex - This publisher primarily works on Web based online game

2.) Given the target market, its likely competing with the 'Marvel Heroes' market since that is aimed at kiddies too. 

3.) Hasbro - Nuff said.

I really do wonder though, in the recent interview they stated that they intend to attract in the veteran and competitive crowd as well? with a browser game? lol?

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • curivitycurivity Member Posts: 3

I really do wonder though, in the recent interview they stated that they intend to attract in the veteran and competitive crowd as well? with a browser game? lol?

Do not underestimate browser based games, Battlestar Galactica Online showed us that they are innovative and almost as completely functional as most other non browser based games.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

They could fit more explosions into a full client game.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

If this continues to be a browser game, it will be yet another big IP failure. They need to go client and do this thing right.

• HypeHype Member CommonPosts: 270

Originally posted by curivity

Do not underestimate browser based games, Battlestar Galactica Online showed us that they are innovative and almost as completely functional as most other non browser based games.

Booyah. Now that we have the Unity engine, what is the advantage of having a Client?

The Illusion of Choice

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by Praetalus

If this continues to be a browser game, it will be yet another big IP failure. They need to go client and do this thing right.

If it's a browser game, it'll be Jagex's biggest failure since Runescape-oh wait.

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Hype

Booyah. Now that we have the Unity engine, what is the advantage of having a Client?

Except they're using the engine for Runescape, not the Unity engine, and the entire team is about 30 former Runescape developers and less than 2 years to do it in.

Don't expect much.

• MuppetHeroMuppetHero Member Posts: 208

I have this really odd idea...I know its strange, but why don't we wait and see what it's like...There are some browser games that are good, and some coming out that sound good as well... Everyone has this STUPID idea that what they want is what everyone else in the world wants. 

Just wait and see what the game is going to be. 

Conservatism.
    Just old white men trying to find ways to legalize discrimination, and make the poor poorer

• OdenBladeOdenBlade Member UncommonPosts: 66

are you serious that crap Battlestar Galactica Online is a damn joke.

• OdenBladeOdenBlade Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by MuppetHero

I have this really odd idea...I know its strange, but why don't we wait and see what it's like...There are some browser games that are good, and some coming out that sound good as well... Everyone has this STUPID idea that what they want is what everyone else in the world wants. 

Just wait and see what the game is going to be. 

Sorry but i dont belive in Browser concept.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by OdenBlade

I have this really odd idea...I know its strange, but why don't we wait and see what it's like...T

/shorten

Once upon a time people scoffed at the thought of 1080p videos via browsers. Technology and programming moves on.

• StrafingmirStrafingmir Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by OdenBlade

I have this really odd idea...I know its strange, but why don't we wait and see what it's like...T

/shorten

Once upon a time people scoffed at the thought of 1080p videos via browsers. Technology and programming moves on.

Once upon a time there was a small developer called Jagex, they only made one sucessful game, said sucessful game was a sucess among trolls and 12 year olds waiting to be trolled out of loot. Runescape was a terrible game plauged by problems in the MMO Genre hadn't seen since some of the earliest MMOs.

Meanwhile in Asia they get an amazing Transformers MMO that's client based and looks damn good.

Don't blame Hasbro, hasbro used to be behind some major movers in the late 90's gaming wise. Mechwarrior 3 to name one. If this game fails the blame soley rests on Jagex. Lego managed to make a sucessful client based MMO for kids. Jagex is just comfortable in the Web-based platform, so the game will run on Java and be a total mess. By the way BSGO sucks, stop using it as an example of browser games guys, it doesn't inspire confidence.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Edited because I went to NYC comicon, I have hight hopes for this game!

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"