Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Camelot: Virtue and Tradition

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In a new developer post on the Dark Age of Camelot site, Kai Schroeber takes a walk down memory lane and reminds players of their early in-game experiences.

Schroeber spends a bit of time waxing nostalgic for low-level areas such as Prydwen Keep, Gna Faste, Lough Derg, Albion, Midgard and Hibernia. The team has been working diligently to make the "new user" experience richer and more satisfying for players.

Accompanying this return to the lore and traditions of the realms are some compelling new quests which I’d like to talk about. These new adventures in moral deliberation will force you to make difficult decisions in the face of extraordinary circumstances. This will make for diverse game-play experiences as well as provide unique item rewards. Choosing these adventures will compel you into finding a compromise between difficult moral choices such as thievery and honesty, vengeance and justice, greed and honor, as well as mercy and sacrifice.

Read the full blog post on the Dark Age of Camelot site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RaevanhawkRaevanhawk Member Posts: 86

Really could use DAOC 2.0. New graphics, new UI. Keep the PvP where it was with a few tweaks here and there.

• AsgrimAsgrim Member UncommonPosts: 92

STOKED! I will definitely resub to check out the changes. 

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

DAOC is the only game where pvp can be fun and I HATE pvp.

• theerminetheermine Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Spiritof55

DAOC is the only game where pvp can be fun and I HATE pvp.

I couldn't agree more.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This is still the best pvp game out there even with the unbalanced classes.  Personally I am mystified why they have not gone to the freemium model.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

I quit DAOC long ago.  I grew tired of the buffbots.  Its not the same as having two people play.  If two were playing then fine but plopping a higher level toon in a bg and using that account to buff the one account you're actually playing is wrong.  Its an abuse of a game mechanic and should not be a "feature".  I may return to DAOC eventually but I doubt it.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Last time I tried to play this game the graphics looked bad, really really bad.

• alix123alix123 Member UncommonPosts: 26

I'll resub.  Been nostalgic about for way too long.  Perhaps, I will be able to fill the void that meaningful pvp in this game left agap for so many years

• hut2000thut2000t Member Posts: 3

the buffbot thing is not as big a deal as before, daoc nowadays pretty much gives everyone buffs so you can compete, though those with maxed geared bots have a slight advantage.  I missed the rp servers and community myself.  I gotta say though, it has changed alot...dare i say for the better.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

So have these changes actually gone live?

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Out of all the 3d MMORPG's, I like and prefer DAOC's graphics the most. I don't know why people dislike the graphics so much. I know I'm in the minority in liking them.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I would play this game with a fresh server.

Not interested otherwise.