Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online Official First Impressions Before F2P Launch!

2»

Comments

• GeowashGeowash Member Posts: 372

Originally posted by Naqaj

Actually you nailed it in the video: this game is great for when you come home from work and just want to unwind. It can't support the super-involved playstyle that comes with most PC MMOs, so if you play it that way you'll burn out after a month. That also means it really wasn't worth a monthly subscription, but that issue is now finally rectified. The F2P/shop model will fit the game much better.

Yeah the F2P model will be much better for the games lack of content, because like a poster said up above, with the content being fully voiced, coordinated, and just plain good, its hard to make a ton of it with the lack of funds they have due to the poor launch it had and the poor populations because of it. 

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

What makes this "official"?

"official" in what capacity?

They are my official first impressions before F2P launch. 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Geowash

I had the money and now ill have premium forever, so it wasnt that bad. Plus I had 40$ on credit at Gamestop. Im not even slightly dissapointed with my purchase right now. And im not a super hero MMO player, this is the first ive spent more than 2 hours in lol. Solid game tho. 

I'm not a superhero game fan either and was surprised I liked it more than I expected

I had fun but not enough fun to subscribe

• JuggerzJuggerz Member UncommonPosts: 76

does each section of the game need downloading b4 u move on, like City of Heroe's?

if it doesnt then i will download it.

also, whats the game like, compared 2 champions online? that game bored me out pretty quick...

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126

I'm just glad I beta tested it and didn't pay for it, it looked pretty but it's the shallowest gameplay since Double Dragon. 

Wasn't there a free trial? The OP probably could've played that until F2P..

Originally posted by Nadia

I had the money and now ill have premium forever, so it wasnt that bad. Plus I had 40$ on credit at Gamestop. Im not even slightly dissapointed with my purchase right now. And im not a super hero MMO player, this is the first ive spent more than 2 hours in lol. Solid game tho. 

I'm not a superhero game fan either and was surprised I liked it more than I expected

I had fun but not enough fun to subscribe

Yeah the way I looked at the 40$ purchase is, well if I dont feel its good enough to subscribe, atleast I get premium forever once it goes F2P this October. Win win no matter what. 

Originally posted by Nomis278

I'm just glad I beta tested it and didn't pay for it, it looked pretty but it's the shallowest gameplay since Double Dragon. 

Wasn't there a free trial? The OP probably could've played that until F2P..

There was no free trial, the only free trials were guest codes and promotional codes, each of which I couldnt get my hands on.  

Originally posted by Juggerz

does each section of the game need downloading b4 u move on, like City of Heroe's?

also, whats the game like, compared 2 champions online? that game bored me out pretty quick...

No the full game will download when bought digitally or when the F2P model hits. As for comparing it to Champions, imo its way better than Champ simply because the art style and the feel of completion. 

• JuggerzJuggerz Member UncommonPosts: 76

No the full game will download when bought digitally or when the F2P model hits. As for comparing it to Champions, imo its way better than Champ simply because the art style and the feel of completion. 

great! bcos i hated waiting 1hour + b4 i could move on 2 another section when playing City of Heroe's F2P. My net speed is well below average, i hit 290KB/s when i close down all apps so it would b painful 2 wait!

I will prob see what the F2P is like. After i come back from my 2 week holiday

• AkaisAkais Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by Kost

All my pals that were pumped for it at launch assured me it was a solid game too.

Less than a month later none of them were still playing. Food for thought.

Very True.

It's like a decent italian dinner...Every day...Exact same dinner from start to finish....Every day.

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

great! bcos i hated waiting 1hour + b4 i could move on 2 another section when playing City of Heroe's F2P. My net speed is well below average, i hit 290KB/s when i close down all apps so it would b painful 2 wait!

Yeah, you just might want to start downloading DCUO before you leave for holiday......

Originally posted by therain93

Yeah, you just might want to start downloading DCUO before you leave for holiday......

Haha yup.

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193

This game is like the groundhog day movie..

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Last week I bought DC Universe Online knowing it was going F2P simply because I couldnt wait any longer. Ive had my eye on this game since its release and now have the money to blow on some games, so I thought why not this one right? Well in the video youll se my initial thoughts on the game, how it plays, simple aspects of it, etc before launch of the new F2P model. 

After the launch of the F2P model I will do a follow up First Impressions of DCUO to compare the models in which you get to choose, then review it soon after. So much DCUO coming to my channel along with some War Of The Immortals and World Of Tanks.

Game Description: "Featuring heroes like Batman, Superman, as well as villains like The Joker and Brainiac, from the DC comics universe, DCUO will allow players to create their own superhero or villain. These player characters will fight (or wreak havoc) alongside these iconic characters, as well as interact in an open, urban environment. Noted comics artist Jim Lee is the Executive Creative Director."-MMORPG.com

DCUO Official First Impressions Before F2P Launch Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmeMhM-Sg3U

If you enjoy the video make sure you subscribe! And as always I got a question for yeah!

Question Of The Video:

Why do you think the PC population of DCUO died and the PS3 version did not? Give your thoughts in the comment section below or on youtube in the comment section below the video! 

Thanks for reading/watching!

Zach Sharpes

Cause you probably need a great PC to play without any lag.

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

I enjoyed DCUO when I played it at launch.

Yes bugs exsisted, the dual pistol / two handed hammers exploits destroyed pvp, made raiding easy, destroyed pretty much the game, they tried to fix it numerous times "I left before they could finally fix it" and so did many others.

I enjoyed the Alerts / Raids, re-visiting the area's of your favourite superhero's/villians.

I enjoyed the theme / graphics behind dcuo, heck I even enjoyed collecting new appearences for my character "Yes you dont start out with 100% customization options you have to earn them"

on the downside..... "when I played" the UI was horrible "Probably still is"

The voice system was awful! hearing someone not in your party but in your Legion snorting down the microphone.

Combat was buggy, people exploited, raids were too easy "Apart from that damned lazer fight at the end of the batcave!"

Alerts and daily quests became a bore "Heck most of the time you couldn't get a group making it worse"

And people were just generally sick of being lied to, the promised monthly updates never came, saint patricks day was weeks late, and ended up being the stupidest event ever, so on and so fourth.

But I really did enjoy this game, 8man raids are the perfect size imo.

I will definitly give it another go when it goes F2P, very enjoyable game "If the servers become active once again"