Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best band ever??

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Tell me who you think are the best bands ever. I have Led Zepplin cranking right now and I ll have to say them, but damn there was some good damn bands back in the day. I personally hate most of the crap nowadays, but hey to each their own.

Honorable mention for me goes to Supertramp and Pink Floyd, can t mention the other 50 I love , too much typing :)

Comments

• KellorKellor Member UncommonPosts: 80

Beatles

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Good choices, lets hear some more. Listening to Babe I'm Gonna Leave You right now, damn Led Zeppelin:)

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

Yeah Beatles and Zep, I would have listed them in that order myself, as The Bealtes were my favorite before Led Zeppelin came out, so I will give an honorable mention to Van Halen (pre Hagar) and post this link from my favorite VH album, Fair Warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBe42pA73QE 

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.

• EnergyoEnergyo Member UncommonPosts: 69

Metallica

As much as I would love to say Led Zeppelin I kind of lost a lot of respect for them after discovering how much music they had stole and not given credit.

I know Metallica is not a classic rock band or whatever but they been around a long time and did a lot for todays music. If not Metallica then maybe Black Sabbath.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

What *should* be the best band ever is Chickenfoot. Every member is a legend, but their music is mediocre.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Beatles, Guns n Roses.

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

Oh wow, yes awsome choices, absolutely, got me thinking about the members of Buffalo Springfield, which leads me to, Blind Faith. I still get chills at times when I here a song by them.

Saw this a while back and here is a cut from it. Claptons playing has only sweetend over time, as has Winwoods voice.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30fcw_eric-clapton-steve-winwood-can-t-fi_music 

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by Energyo

Metallica

As much as I would love to say Led Zeppelin I kind of lost a lot of respect for them after discovering how much music they had stole and not given credit.

I know Metallica is not a classic rock band or whatever but they been around a long time and did a lot for todays music. If not Metallica then maybe Black Sabbath.

Thats a misconception. They were influenced by alot of blues etc. Nothing came of it because it was an ok thing to do, and still is.

• shaweecunetashaweecuneta Member Posts: 2

BACKSTREET BOYS RULE!! i was teenager when i listened their single quit playing oh that beats every song at that time.but people do you believe i am still a continue listener of them because of their greatest compositions of their first album to this one. really .not joking. their songs are too deep to listen , full of emotions, great voices and off course with great great compositions. if every person of the world would go against of them but i will be there to survive them because i know which one is the diamond.

• johanan12johanan12 Member Posts: 49

Backstreet Boys are good, but Westlife is better!!

• givemeawaygivemeaway Member Posts: 3

killswitch engage is the best ever.......

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Linkin Park :)

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Nirvana.

?

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by Kellor

Beatles

agree

• gamelist009gamelist009 Member Posts: 6

the beatles...

• overyou123overyou123 Member Posts: 5

rolling stone is the best for me

• creatives11creatives11 Member Posts: 5

The Police. aAAwooAAAAWooooooo

• freeatlast12freeatlast12 Member Posts: 5

The Wanders.. yeah, even they been disbanned i still love that band.

• MytobMytob Member Posts: 79

To be honest there are to many good bands out there and i always find it hard to choose my fav tbh. As I Lay Dying has a place in my heart as I used to connect with their music so much.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

The Ramones

• harry_watharry_wat Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Man1ac

Linkin Park :)

just include Maroon 5 and Red Hot Chili Peppers on the list image

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

pantera