Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3, Titan??!! What ever Blizzard make is huge success

palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

They will never go down. When you read name Blizzard on the box of game you know it is epic

Comments

• BlahTeebBlahTeeb Member UncommonPosts: 624

[mod edit]

They will be successful. They may not be good games, but they will surely profit Blizzard a few times more than what the game costed to develope.

Diablo 3 will no doubt be a huge success. My predictions are not solid nor are they future telling, but I can almost assure you, the game will be a huge success. For every player who rants that the game sucks, thousands more stand by ready to purchase the game...

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

[mod edit]

Starcraft expansion Retribution and Insurrection was not made by Blizzard actually.

Their financials are off the chart solid (well, Acti-blizzard is) and were trading at $11 last I checked.

They aren't in my portfolio nor am I interested in them (yet) so I haven't done much analysis except some basic stuff. But the basics show some very good numbers so it is very unlikely their share prices will go down.

If they do... well, at $7-8 a share they are an extremly good buy (which means it'll never happen :P )

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Nothing to see here folks just a brainwashed Blizzard sheep.

but ill write something down tough as iam bored to death :P

Rock and roll racing 10.0

Warcraft RTS serie   9.8

Diablo 1 & 2               9.6

Starcraft 1                   9.5

Starcraft 2                   9.0

WoW Vanila             - 9.0

WoW TBC                - 8.5

WoW Lich King       - 7.0

WoW Cataclysm     - 3.5

Diablo 3                     buy your gear on them market fo real moneh yo ^^ big let down as i like to pvp alot

WoW pandaran ?    will not even touch that crap -_-

Titan rumor of an Avatar IP ? all speculation tough but where there  is smoke there is a fire ?

Blizzard is losing its touch if you ask me bro, after playing Blizzard games for almost 2 decades  i see the qaulity drop alot in their games.

But thats just my opinion.

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by Mothanos

Nothing to see here folks just a brainwashed Blizzard sheep.

but ill write something down tough as iam bored to death :P

Rock and roll racing 10.0

Warcraft RTS serie   9.8

Diablo 1 & 2               9.6

Starcraft 1                   9.5

Starcraft 2                   9.0

WoW Vanila             - 9.0

WoW TBC                - 8.5

WoW Lich King       - 7.0

WoW Cataclysm     - 3.5

Diablo 3                     buy your gear on them market fo real moneh yo ^^ big let down as i like to pvp alot

WoW pandaran ?    will not even touch that crap -_-

Titan rumor of an Avatar IP ? all speculation tough but where there  is smoke there is a fire ?

Blizzard is losing its touch if you ask me bro, after playing Blizzard games for almost 2 decades  i see the qaulity drop alot in their games.

But thats just my opinion.

You forgot to Dune 1 and dune 2. Though I can see how you would skip Dune 2.. judging it was dune 1.. with cutscenes!.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

ah yes sorry about that dint had my 1st coffe before i wrote this :)

Originally posted by Mothanos

ah yes sorry about that dint had my 1st coffe before i wrote this :)

Dont feel bad.. I think we all are trying to forget Dune 1 and 2..

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I sure hope so, with all the money that they have.

There's a few other companies that can run with them though.  Bioware being my favorite, mostly because of the Baldur's Gate  series.

Though, I do have to say that since Diablo... they have made some pretty killer franchises.  Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft.  They've basically made gaming mainstream, and for that, they deserve your kudos.  Starcraft 2 was very polished and very good IMO.  Diablo 3 looks to be more of the same from the beta footage that I've watched so far.  I do expect Titan to be very good.  My guess is that they will have it near completion before WoW fades completely.  If you think about it, there were RTS games before SC and WC, but Blizzard really took the bull by the horns with both IP's.  There may have been some similar titles to Diablo, but they really coined the phrase,'Hack and Slash'.  Not to mention, their first MMO attempt has been the biggest MMO of all time to this date.  

Yeah, I'd say they are pretty damn good.  You can't even deny it.  I don't think saying they are the most successful of all time is out of the question either.  The only thing really holding them back is a franchise that they can release every year like Dall of Duty.  I know they are with Activision, but they still lack a title in the FPS shooter genre.  I honestly haven't played CoD since MW1.  I thought that it took a drastic step in the wrong direction after World At War.  I play the BF series and I think they are far superior.

JMHO

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168

The Dune series is under Westwood, not Blizzard.

• BeowulfsamBeowulfsam Member UncommonPosts: 145

Originally posted by Paithan

You forgot to Dune 1 and dune 2. Though I can see how you would skip Dune 2.. judging it was dune 1.. with cutscenes!.

How, seriously, how is Dune 1 like Dune 2? 

Dune 2 is pure RTS.

Dune 1 is adventure/RTS-ish or whatever. Quite different.

And wasn't Dune 1 made by Cryo and Dune 2 by Westwood? And both rocked for at the time they were released :)

• zeroToninzeroTonin Member Posts: 18

Dune 2 was epic, one of the few games I played back in the days that I actually really miss, together with Starcraft 2, civilization and colonization, wolfenstein, ah...the good ol' days!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by BlahTeeb

They will be successful. They may not be good games, but they will surely profit Blizzard a few times more than what the game costed to develope.

Diablo 3 will no doubt be a huge success. My predictions are not solid nor are they future telling, but I can almost assure you, the game will be a huge success. For every player who rants that the game sucks, thousands more stand by ready to purchase the game...

Diablo 3 will sell a lot yes, I am not as sure about Titan.

Mighty game companies do have fallen before, not long ago companies like Microprose, Cinemaware, Psygnosis, Bullfrog and many more. And other companies used to make great games but nowadays mostly own others and themselves produces crap, like Activision and EA.

Blizzard were really a rather small indie company originally that starting by porting Amiga games like battlechess to PC. It wasn't until 1997 when Diablo and Starcraft released that it became good. They have not made a game with a new IP since then which kinda reminds me of how most of the others on my list started to fall.

Remaking Starcraft and Diablo will surely sell boxes but if Titan doesn't rock a lot they will eventually run out of gas, you can only make that many sequels.

Blizzard have lost many of their most talented people to other companies, and I am far from certain that the 2010s will be as great for them as the 2000s was. Living on old merits only get you that far and most of the game companies don't last that long.

Diablo 3 might sell well but what about Diablo 4 and Diablo 5?

Originally posted by Beowulfsam

Originally posted by Paithan

How, seriously, how is Dune 1 like Dune 2? 

Dune 2 is pure RTS.

Dune 1 is adventure/RTS-ish or whatever. Quite different.

And wasn't Dune 1 made by Cryo and Dune 2 by Westwood? And both rocked for at the time they were released :)

Ah yes you are right. Dune 2 and Dune 2000. Sorry my bad.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Tombill

No one can say anything about Titan. It could be a dud. I think people should stop posting things about games which are not even in alfa stage.

Besides I think D3 was very close to being canceled a few years ago. I think blizzard is simply very lucky to have Rob Rado on board. His idea of the RMAH saved it.

So D3 ( or should I say the macro economic game surrounding it) will be the next big thing in MMO land, but any other prediction is fanboy talk without substance.

The next big thing in MMO land except it's in a Cooperative Online Action RPG, not an MMO.  But sure....okay.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by Tombill

No one can say anything about Titan. It could be a dud. I think people should stop posting things about games which are not even in alfa stage.

Besides I think D3 was very close to being canceled a few years ago. I think blizzard is simply very lucky to have Rob Rado on board. His idea of the RMAH saved it.

So D3 ( or should I say the macro economic game surrounding it) will be the next big thing in MMO land, but any other prediction is fanboy talk without substance.

The next big thing in MMO land except it's in a Cooperative Online Action RPG, not an MMO.  But sure....okay.

Think about it, Diablo 3 is merely the testing grounds, should the RMAH be successful there you can be sure that the next phase will be MMOs.

Not that i mind, mind you, at least it's a more benign system than the usual nickle and dime cash shop. People always say that they want players to be in control of the economy, well here it is.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Thekandy

Think about it, Diablo 3 is merely the testing grounds, should the RMAH be successful there you can be sure that the next phase will be MMOs.

Not that i mind, mind you, at least it's a more benign system than the usual nickle and dime cash shop. People always say that they want players to be in control of the economy, well here it is.

I think it is the biggest mistake Blizzard ever made. For one thing will it really encourage all cybercriminals in the world to try to hack peoples accounts.

If this becomes the next big thing it really is the final drop for me, the cash shops are bad enough but with this I will move back to pen and paper RPGs instead, no one tries to rip me off there.

This will be the first Diablo game I wont buy, I will buy Torchlight 2 instead.

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by Loke666

I think it is the biggest mistake Blizzard ever made. For one thing will it really encourage all cybercriminals in the world to try to hack peoples accounts.

If this becomes the next big thing it really is the final drop for me, the cash shops are bad enough but with this I will move back to pen and paper RPGs instead, no one tries to rip me off there.

The RMAH is definately a turn off for me but the change is art style is worse. I miss the dark gritty theme. So, I'm going for Path of Exile over D3 and T2.

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

It might be a bad thing for you Loke, but i really don't think theft of accunts is gonna be much worse than it already is, you're bombarded with phishing emails, keyloggers and scams left and right if you ever so much as looked at WoW.

In Blizzards (And by extension everyone else who offered a similar solution) defense, authenticators alleviated a lot of the account thefts, most you hear who had their accounts stolen nowadays hasn't set up an authenticator, there was a few, but most with authenticators are pretty safe. Common computer savvy aside.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

[mod edit]

If you look at the trend they were trading between $10-$13 since their merger even with blockbuster sales and milestone subscribers. After a couple years I pulled out, it just wasn't worth it. This was one of those long term investments yeah to catch early on at the right time.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

Until Activision puts their hands in it.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

They will never go down. When you read name Pontiac on the hood of the car you know it is epic

Rule 1: Don't get cocky

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Remaking Starcraft and Diablo will surely sell boxes but if Titan doesn't rock a lot they will eventually run out of gas, you can only make that many sequels.

Blizzard have lost many of their most talented people to other companies, and I am far from certain that the 2010s will be as great for them as the 2000s was. Living on old merits only get you that far and most of the game companies don't last that long.

Diablo 3 might sell well but what about Diablo 4 and Diablo 5?

probably wont be a diablo 4 for next 10 years

already one expansion planned for D3

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6333260/blizzard-three-year-plan-includes-two-world-of-warcraft-starcraft-ii-add-ons

Tippl also expects that a Diablo III expansion will be available before the end of 2014.

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

Originally posted by palulalula

They will never go down. When you read name Blizzard on the box of game you know it is epic

This was mostly true for me BEFORE Wow came out.

I loved D2.   With what I've seen and read, I've little interest in D3.    Definitely some stupid design decisions there.

• lynshakelynshake Member Posts: 26

d3 is such an wonderful game from another games. good auction system and class have good choice

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by lynshake

d3 is such an wonderful game from another games. good auction system and class have good choice

Hey, lets see a picture of your D3 box.  

Oh, you dont have D3 yet?   Yeah, thought so.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Originally posted by SwampRob

Originally posted by palulalula

This was mostly true for me BEFORE Wow came out.

I loved D2.   With what I've seen and read, I've little interest in D3.    Definitely some stupid design decisions there.

Is this yet another WoW troll attempt? 

The topic says "Blizzard = Epic"

You shout more hate about wow... which was/is the biggest MMO ever released with largest player base.  WoW put MMORPG's on the global map and mainstream media.  WoW probably made Blizzard more EPIC as far as income/size/employees and product sales than anything they had ever released prior. 

WTB Less worthless WoW hating more useful replies!