Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy omg! Dominion

Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

Dominion is so FRIGGEN SHWEET! It took everyhting I hate about League of Legend's and fixed it. 15 - 25min matches, perfect. wider arrange of champion combo's cAn work, awesome. Just the simple fact that the matches last so short and still rewards awesome IP. With the shorter matches it's not as frustrating when you lose, even when your team doesn't know wtf they are doing. I have had matches in Sumoner's Rift last for over 70 minutes, and then lose - that sUcks. Dominion is so awesome, it is WAY more skill based, skilled players can actually make a huge difference in how the game turns out. There are champs that are rather OP in Dominon, which is rather annoying, but there are so many your team is also likely to have 1 or 2 of those champs, so that helps.

I have had matches where I was at 9 or even 3 pts. with the opossing team at over 150, and still won! anything rly can happen!

Comments

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

i agree that dominion is awesome but it is not more skillbased.

it actually requires less skills since the only think you need to be watching is the control points and the enemy location while its not about kills at all

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

totally disagree, while watching the points and map awareness is 55% of the battle, that in it self is skill. Also, I have seen people do crazy things to keep people from taking a node. Like Ashe crazy harrasing and staying a live, or I usually play Katarina and can get some awesome champ kills while still focusing on keeping 2 or 3 people off a node. It's skill to survive all that, of course like a mentioned, for some Champs, (Heimer) they can just walk up to a node and take it if they so choose, which is where 1 skilled player keeping 2 champions busy trying to capture a node can rly save it for everyone

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

It's not an mmorpg.

• GudrunixGudrunix Member Posts: 149

Originally posted by nerovipus32

It's not an mmorpg.

This topic of conversation has come up before and been extensively covered elsewhere.  Suffice it to say, since there is waning enthusiasm for MMORPGs (I feel a little like the kid in the emperor's new clothes fable saying that , but someone has to say it), mmorpg.com has been branching out into other genres that are closely related but not quite the same thing.

But to Dominion, I am enjoying it, although it has its issues.  My primary concern is that it's just too chaotic and random; it does not adequately reward good performance and punish bad performance.  With death timers so short and gold so abundant even if you don't do well, there isn't much incentive to do well.  It feels a bit like "do whatever you want until the Nexuses are down below 25% and then take three nodes and hold them".  It's too much chaos in the first part of the game, then too static in the last part of the game.

It shows a lot of promise as a game mode, but will need some tweaking.

Originally posted by Gudrunix

Originally posted by nerovipus32

It's not an mmorpg.

This topic of conversation has come up before and been extensively covered elsewhere.  Suffice it to say, since there is waning enthusiasm for MMORPGs (I feel a little like the kid in the emperor's new clothes fable saying that , but someone has to say it), mmorpg.com has been branching out into other genres that are closely related but not quite the same thing.

But to Dominion, I am enjoying it, although it has its issues.  My primary concern is that it's just too chaotic and random; it does not adequately reward good performance and punish bad performance.  With death timers so short and gold so abundant even if you don't do well, there isn't much incentive to do well.  It feels a bit like "do whatever you want until the Nexuses are down below 25% and then take three nodes and hold them".  It's too much chaos in the first part of the game, then too static in the last part of the game.

It shows a lot of promise as a game mode, but will need some tweaking.

thats whats so great about it through. the whole " My primary concern is that it's just too chaotic and random; it does not adequately reward good performance and punish bad performance.  With death timers so short and gold so abundant even if you don't do well, there isn't much incentive to do well."

Because "bad player" isn't doing so hot, it doesn't particualry feed them. So me, "good player", still has a chance to pick up the slack.  the reward for doing good is, you win.

Like in Summoner's Rift, im doing amazing top, pushing the lane, maybe got a kill or two. but then theres bot, dying, they got the tower, and by the time I get to face off in 5v5 or against the bot lane, they are already fed and there is nothing I can do - happens to me, ALL the time

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

LoL is not terribly skill based... some characters more than others.  I wouldn't call Katarina for example a crowning achievement of LoL skill.

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

I agree with the OP.  Definitely an awesome new game mode if you haven't checked it out yet.

P.S. Last night my team was winning and at the end of the game it was 0-2 and we lost!  Insaley close!  For those who don't know, that means they ticked down 498 times we ticked down 500 times and lost.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by Joshua69

Dominion is so FRIGGEN SHWEET! It took everyhting I hate about League of Legend's and fixed it. 15 - 25min matches, perfect. wider arrange of champion combo's cAn work, awesome. Just the simple fact that the matches last so short and still rewards awesome IP. With the shorter matches it's not as frustrating when you lose, even when your team doesn't know wtf they are doing. I have had matches in Sumoner's Rift last for over 70 minutes, and then lose - that sUcks. Dominion is so awesome, it is WAY more skill based, skilled players can actually make a huge difference in how the game turns out. There are champs that are rather OP in Dominon, which is rather annoying, but there are so many your team is also likely to have 1 or 2 of those champs, so that helps.

I have had matches where I was at 9 or even 3 pts. with the opossing team at over 150, and still won! anything rly can happen!

I also am groing fond of dominion. But calling it "WAY more skill based", that's far fetched. It requires a different mindset althogether though and Im not to sure minions are even needed in this mode....

I think minions are mostly there for the champions that work with them, such as Sivir, Heimer, Ashe, etc.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    There were countless times a well timed promote or push caused us to win over a tower while we kept the enemies busy away from the tower! Minions are ftw @_@

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Originally posted by Joshua69

I think minions are mostly there for the champions that work with them, such as Sivir, Heimer, Ashe, etc.

not really. minions can capture turrents as fast as champions. With promote even faster.

I push minions a lot. they help tremendously. Sometimes people forget how much they hurt and attack you on a stack of minions and they drop.