Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion gone "Pay to Win" now

Comments

• heimdall22heimdall22 Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by IceAge

Hm , so many " I wanted to resub" or "I was thinking to give Aion a try"  and some other bullshits like that. Or "thank God I unsubbed after 1 month of release, but hey one day I would have wanted to get back, but because of this i will never get back" . HELLO! Aion has been out for 2 years and none of you will ever get back and/or "wanting to try it" ( some exceptions may apply ).  You have the "chance" now to bash Aion for this cash shop item ( yes, it is a cash shop item ) and you are doing it a the "full speed".  But you know what? Your opinion is zero for the simple fact that you DON'T play Aion!

I am not defending NcSoft nor I don't agree, because I know what this item means in terms of gameplay and is almost zero.  No , I am not going to explain to you why do I think like that. Because you are not playing, and the ones who play , does not need an explication because they know what this means.

You are the minority , we are the majority ! Stop hating! We have a game where we DO have fun, while you don't! Sure, go play your LOTRO , or any other REAL F2P game and leave Aion alone :)

( This comment is meant for peoples who were saying the lines which I early stated )

Nope, you are utterly wrong there. I played Aion for almost 2 years. And my sub is still active, but I've just cancelled automatic resub. And you know what? I just wanted to quit long time ago, becuse of boring and mindblowing grind, but since I really like my toons i couldn't do it. But what happend now simply nailed the coffin for me. I just CBA anymore.

And sorry, but what minority and majority are you talking about? Those that leave vs. those that still play? Wait for Diablo 3, Tera, SWTOR and GW2 to come out and then ask yourself again.

And final point - I stopped to have fun in Aion a long time ago. If it weren't for my wife I would have quit way earlier.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation

Originally posted by Shatter30

Welcome to why I quit Aion.  After spending over 100mil trying to enchant my gear to +15 from +12 I ended up a +10.  Ridiculous design and now it makes sense why they never fixed this issue even with all the complaints...cha ching!

Happy quiting! Those are for MANA STONES, not enchantment stones to make your weapon to + 15 ! But hey , keep complaining .. and also keep quiting games where you fail to achive something!

Guess yor calling doing repeatable stuff over and over again "achievement". If that is the case I'd rather say thanks and look for other form of achievement some place else where actually I can have some fun in the process.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

This sounds like the MOPAC expressway toll bridge they proposed in Austin. If you want to drive through the red light on the freeway, then it's a toll. Otherwise, get off and go through the red light and get back on the freeway.,

Of course, we aren't going to fix the existing intersection, just put in a new one and charge you to use it.,

Sigh.,

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

My wife and i have been wanting to try this game out for awhile now. Kind of turned off by it now. But maybe that wont effect the game quality for new players?.?......

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

Originally posted by Onomas

My wife and i have been wanting to try this game out for awhile now. Kind of turned off by it now. But maybe that wont effect the game quality for new players?.?......

Ditto. I thought about coming back for a little while, just to test the waters again. Not very interested anymore.

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

It won't affect you until you get into the areas where there's PVP outside of events which are only the end game zones and (also at lower levels) the abyss. From then without proper gear you'll be chanceless against everybody except bots and people with the IQ of bots.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Failing like that when you are upgrading and losing so much money and time I think I would quit. Frustration like that would make me go crazy.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

it's a shame that one complete fail change like this could essentially erase about 9 months' worth of GREAT fixes and additions to the game, but there you have it lads.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Welcome to why I quit Aion.  After spending over 100mil trying to enchant my gear to +15 from +12 I ended up a +10.  Ridiculous design and now it makes sense why they never fixed this issue even with all the complaints...cha ching!

Happy quiting! Those are for MANA STONES, not enchantment stones to make your weapon to + 15 ! But hey , keep complaining .. and also keep quiting games where you fail to achive something!

Im well aware what they are selling in the store are for manastones but the manastone system is just as stupid as the enchantment system so my point still stands.  I lost count how many failures I had after getting 4 or 5 manastones in as well then failing.  Now that they have these for manastones Im sure enchantments will be next.  Not sure how anyone can defend them and this decision, its just brutal

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388

If you're turned off by something this meaningless then perhaps Aion isn't for you. However, if you can ignore the trolls who no longer play the game, or the people who play the game and are hyperbolizing this temporary item, then I highly recommend playing Aion.  It's a fun game, and very polished as MMOs go. I think you and your wife will have a lot of fun.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by Boardwalker

If you're turned off by something this meaningless then perhaps Aion isn't for you. However, if you can ignore the trolls who no longer play the game, or the people who play the game and are hyperbolizing this temporary item, then I highly recommend playing Aion.  It's a fun game, and very polished as MMOs go. I think you and your wife will have a lot of fun.

I agree. The best way to find out about a MMO is to play it.There's two of you, so it will instantly be more fun because of it.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by Boardwalker

Wow... Condescendent much?

I would agree that Aion is in many ways polished and fun. A couple duoing can definately enjoy the games limited PvE to a point BUT: The issue discussed in this topic is the introduction of "Pay 2 win" items in a sub-based (Pay2play) game.

I DID pay to play for 15 months but NCsoft's reluctance to solve some of the BASIC problems with Aion was why I unsubbed. Now NCsoft offers a solution to one of those basic flaws in Aion: "Solution" is you have to pay close to €100 on top of normal sub to circumvent their RNG-design.

Sorry: This is a cleancut P2W cashshop item! Sure it is for a "limited time" only, just as Aions [cc]Faelan told us it would never be sold on western servers 3 months ago.

Now about all of us "who no longer play the game"... There is a reason why NC-Soft is running "reactivation" events like the one that ends today. Hint: It would not be needed if they had a huge influx of new players!

Too bad that their "limited time" Pay 2 Win gamble sort of killed their reactivation celebration.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

Im well aware what they are selling in the store are for manastones but the manastone system is just as stupid as the enchantment system so my point still stands.  I lost count how many failures I had after getting 4 or 5 manastones in as well then failing.  Now that they have these for manastones Im sure enchantments will be next.  Not sure how anyone can defend them and this decision, its just brutal

Actually the manastone socketing is actually alot worse than enchantment stones. With enchantment stones you can at least use higher lvl stones to increase your chances (even though it gives diminishing returns past a certain point). That and with enchantment stones, if you fail you only lose one enchantment lvl in this process instead of gaining one (unless your enchanting over +11). While enchanting with manastones, a failure means losing all of your manastones on that item. Considering that the odds of slotting 6-8 manastones in a row successfully are not great, it gets even worse depending on the kind of stones your attempting such as with +17 crit green manastones.

It is this system specifically which makes it possible for you to spend a couple months raising money in game and investing it in your toon only to find your toon in a worse state after the money/time investment that is the worst aspect of this game. I personally wouldnt even mind grinding a great deal for an incremental increase in player ability, but the fact that you can grind and find your toon progressing backwards in power due to bad luck is just terrible.

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by Halandir

Wow... Condescendent much?

It wasn't my intention to be condescending. I apologize of I came across that way. Perhaps I'm just annoyed at how much people have blown this out of proportion and called it "P2W", when it isn't.

Sorry: This is a cleancut P2W cashshop item! Sure it is for a "limited time" only, just as Aions [cc]Faelan told us it would never be sold on western servers 3 months ago.

I don't see this as a "P2W cashshop" item. People who don't pay can still achieve what people who do pay can achieve, it will just require more kinah, most likely. And in the end, you don't have to socket green manastones. White ones work just fine--an advantage of +3 on a stat doesn't even come close to ruining the entirety of this game. To say so seems kind of dramatic to me.

Now about all of us "who no longer play the game"... There is a reason why NC-Soft is running "reactivation" events like the one that ends today. Hint: It would not be needed if they had a huge influx of new players!

Hmm, I've seen this in lots of games, not just Aion, and not just because of a perceived lack of players. Seems like a good practive for any MMO to do .

Too bad that their "limited time" Pay 2 Win gamble sort of killed their reactivation celebration.

That's not how I see it. Sure, the forum warriors are up in arms about it, but then, aren't they always complaining about something? In game, I see lots of people playing on two of the servers where I have toons, and I haven't seen any complaining about these optional, temporary items. In this case I'm paying more attention to what players do, than what forum warriors say. 

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• tavoctavoc Member UncommonPosts: 257

Honestly i wont freak out over this.. infact it was kind of expected. But i will say that they should have added this as somehting that could be bought in game.

I played the hell out of aion.. damn near every day for 2 years.. and i ended up quiting because of the enchant/manastone system. Along with the face the game is entirely way to gear based (the messing with forts and breaking them or taking rifting from the game didnt help)

For all those people saying that those who quit are lazy should realy stfu.. Ive been well renowed in live aion.. To the point i would log on and have people messageing me for tips that i dont even know.. but because they heard of me threw friends. Been up and down this game left and right and had a great time doing so.

so i wont tell anyone not to try it it realy is a good game as long as your not a competitive pvper. If your starting now, you will just get rolled untill you ragequit.

Anyway ,  Im entirely against pay to win. and while i myself have done many things with aion that looking back was a waste.. like spending 40 bucks on a yearly magazine sub just to get blue wings and black or white dyes, if i was still playing i would still snap about this limited thing.

Long story short.. theres nothing fun about spending a month grinding to work up the kinah needed to get the stones you need to socket and + your amor just to turn around and blow 100 million kinah just to see your piece of armor sitting where it was before you started.. its bullshit realy.

I quit once i realized that all i would be doing is gear chasing threw the game reguardless of what they added.. and that even when i got that piece of gear i wanted.. i would still have to spend the next 2 months trying to socket and + it for it to mean a damn thing. Truth is, to pvp in this game, you NEED fully socketed gear and to have it +15 for you to do a damn thing against any challanger thats worth the fight... FACT!!

not to mention the millions of kinah in scrolls/pots you need just to compete.. its broken

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by heimdall22

Hm , so many " I wanted to resub" or "I was thinking to give Aion a try"  and some other bullshits like that. Or "thank God I unsubbed after 1 month of release, but hey one day I would have wanted to get back, but because of this i will never get back" . HELLO! Aion has been out for 2 years and none of you will ever get back and/or "wanting to try it" ( some exceptions may apply ).  You have the "chance" now to bash Aion for this cash shop item ( yes, it is a cash shop item ) and you are doing it a the "full speed".  But you know what? Your opinion is zero for the simple fact that you DON'T play Aion!

I am not defending NcSoft nor I don't agree, because I know what this item means in terms of gameplay and is almost zero.  No , I am not going to explain to you why do I think like that. Because you are not playing, and the ones who play , does not need an explication because they know what this means.

You are the minority , we are the majority ! Stop hating! We have a game where we DO have fun, while you don't! Sure, go play your LOTRO , or any other REAL F2P game and leave Aion alone :)

( This comment is meant for peoples who were saying the lines which I early stated )

Nope, you are utterly wrong there. I played Aion for almost 2 years. And my sub is still active, but I've just cancelled automatic resub. And you know what? I just wanted to quit long time ago, becuse of boring and mindblowing grind, but since I really like my toons i couldn't do it. But what happend now simply nailed the coffin for me. I just CBA anymore.

And sorry, but what minority and majority are you talking about? Those that leave vs. those that still play? Wait for Diablo 3, Tera, SWTOR and GW2 to come out and then ask yourself again.

And final point - I stopped to have fun in Aion a long time ago. If it weren't for my wife I would have quit way earlier.

Did you re-read what i've been saying? In fact, you have just proved me that I am right. Is not about the supply mana stones with 100% the reason why you quit , is because you don't like the game anymore. Saying this was the last reason which made you quit Aion is like saying : Hey , I have an apple fruit 2 years old , and wanted to trash it early , but hey .. now that I saw it has worms on it, I will definetly trash it now!

Don't trash Aion because of the mana stones, trash it because you don't have fun anymore and if this is the case, I have nothing to say to you. Is your time, is your money , is your fun ... is your choice. Simply as that!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Guess yor calling doing repeatable stuff over and over again "achievement". If that is the case I'd rather say thanks and look for other form of achievement some place else where actually I can have some fun in the process.

You should have been saying "thanks but no thanks" earlier as you knew how this game is! Anyway , you liked Aion, don't tell me you didn't! You don't like it anymore? Fine! Move along and let it be that way ..

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Originally posted by MmoSwan

http://uk.aiononline.com/news/announcements/limited-time-felicitous-socketing-supplements-ncsoft-store

A sad day for Aion. NcSoft fixing their broken game with a cash shop. Now you got the option to spend 1000s of hours of grind to beat the random number generator or to pay extra $$$.

Final step in F2P games.  First, it's "cosmetic."  Then, it's Pay to PvP.  Dark age for mmorpgs.  Guessing ten years before things start to improve.

Just don't .. try saying you knew what they are selling before posting the first comment. You faild with the first one. Period!

With the last comment, well that's another story! You faild, I failed to mana stone my gear. You quit, I didn't! To each their own I think. The promotion ends 12 octomber if I am right , so till now, is not set in stones even if this one will remain like "forever", so let's not talk about enchantements yet as that's another story!

Anyway ,how would you add 100% to an enchantment stone where the their success rate is based on stones level? Can you add 100% on a 20 lv stone and putting on a 55 weapon with 100% success rate? Guess not! So I am pretty sure, enchantement stones will have nothing to do with mana stones 100% supply pack!

But we should see, NcSoft may surprise us :)

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

I bought this game when it came out. Made it to level 26. Re-subbed a couple of times. It was okay and I didn't have any ill will toward Aion or NCSoft. It just wasn't my type of game. But now this game and NCSoft are dead to me for reasons stated many times above. A subscription game should not charge for this type of  item in a cash-shop. Fluff items, okay, but if I'm paying a full sub, I don't want to have to pay more to overcome (intentionally?)  poorly designed annoying game dyanamics.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

You should have been saying "thanks but no thanks" earlier as you knew how this game is! Anyway , you liked Aion, don't tell me you didn't! You don't like it anymore? Fine! Move along and let it be that way ..

man if you like and play AION but you come to forums bashing all people with those sentences forget it , one day you log on and you will notice there's no players to play with, DON'T FEED THOSE TROLLS

Originally posted by pedrostrik

man if you like and play AION but you come to forums bashing all people with those sentences forget it , one day you log on and you will notice there's no players to play with, DON'T FEED THOSE TROLLS

"Man", I am not a forum guru nor I spend alot on it. But from time to time, I do wrote my opinion about the game I play. Till that day comes, where I will log in and there will be no players, I will continue to show support to this game ! I am not blind, I know Aion has flaws , but I really dislike people who keep bashing Aion even if they are not playing the game.

Saying I am a troll , makes you a troll too! In fact, everyone is a troll, right? :)

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

http://uk.aiononline.com/news/announcements/limited-time-felicitous-socketing-supplements-ncsoft-store

A sad day for Aion. NcSoft fixing their broken game with a cash shop. Now you got the option to spend 1000s of hours of grind to beat the random number generator or to pay extra $$$.

It's simple just don't play lots of great free games about no need to get sucked in and pay for the priveledge.....

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by Isane

It's simple just don't play lots of great free games about no need to get sucked in and pay for the priveledge.....

If there were lots of great free games I wouldn't have been playing Aion to start with. Aside of the excessive RNG issues and the new Pay to Win crap I really like that game. A pity that NcSoft tries to rip of the players so badly.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.

Originally posted by pedrostrik

"Man", I am not a forum guru nor I spend alot on it. But from time to time, I do wrote my opinion about the game I play. Till that day comes, where I will log in and there will be no players, I will continue to show support to this game ! I am not blind, I know Aion has flaws , but I really dislike people who keep bashing Aion even if they are not playing the game.

Saying I am a troll , makes you a troll too! In fact, everyone is a troll, right? :)

Look, as far as I'm trying to understand your position, I really don't get one thing. And in fact I didn't like it at all, when you've said "Happy quitting!".

If I like the game at very least I will get cocnerned about developer actions that drives players off the game. So essentialy, no matter how would you look at it, it is wrong decision.

Unless your goal is to be the last one on the sinking ship, which is perfectly noble thing to do, but it wouldn't make you captain :-)

But by the way, I'm glad that you are aware of the flaws of the game, because it has many... I may discuss it till neverend, but that's another story...