Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting LOTRO..

JenkzJenkz Member UncommonPosts: 94

Hey guys, i just started the game yesterday and i have to say, im really confused? the account is f2p the thing im curious about is, if i do a monthly sub, would i get all the features i dont get on FP2? Most of the things on lotro you have to buy from Turbine points, which i dont like. (not raging just learning here)

I also want to ask something else, how is the grouping system? do you get into a lot of groups as you level up? I'm more of a team player so thought i'd ask.

Anyway i started a Elf Hunter, pretty happy with it i guess.. for now anyway, so ya, peace.

Comments

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Subbing unlocks everything in the base game and I think you get Moria as part of it as well, you also get 500 Turbine Points a month to spend on whatever you want. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Hey Zareon,

Any "feature" you get as p2p can be gotten as f2p provided you spend the turbine points you earn toward quest areas.

Essentially, the subscription get you the entire game. F2p means you buy the pieces of the game you want, either with real money for turbine points or earning turbine points as you go along.

Obviously they either want you to buy areas in the store or take the subscrtiption.

You can find groups. Heck, I was seeing groups in Great Barrows being adveertsied just 2 days ago. However, my honest suggestion is to join a kinship.

I only did the f2p thing for a small bit as I've been playing on and off since closed beta. So, on my main, I had gone through the materail I wanted to go through and just stopped the sub until this expansion.

Otherwise, quite frankly I prefer the sub. Still, as long as you don't mind acquiring turbine points along the way you should be able to unlock the game piecemeal. If you buy one thing in the store then I believe your account becomes premium and you get a small alottment of points each month.

As a subscriber you also get points each month.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AgartAgart Member UncommonPosts: 82

yes, if you sub you will get all the features without spending Turbine points, except the expansion packs and you'll get free points each month if you sub.

The game is very solo friendly but you'll have some group quests and the game has a lot of dungeons. It's been almost a year since i played so i can't say if it's going to be easy finding group these days.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Inventory bags go from 3 to 5, Areas like Trollshaws will open up thier quests, blue bar exper bonus, 7 characters instead of 2. F2P accounts are pretty bare bones. from what I saw.

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Before you go too far can I refer you to the LOTR is boring thread.  It really is.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

montly sub is everything , EXCEPT the things you get with an full expansion..for example..you have the moria,mirkwood and isengard questpack, BUT you dont have the things you get with the full expansion..for example: runekeeper and warden class...ull need to unlock these with the TP you get every month. but there arent alot of things ull need to buy like that.

as far as i know

Groups? your choice..alot of areas give you the choice to get into groups for many things..there also are always people who wanna join..so it all depends..you wanna group or not? cuz if u do u have group in no-time :P

dont listen to the guy above btw...there are enough people who got 10 chars on max level and they all have same class....would people even consider that if this game would be boring?

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by zareon

Hey guys, i just started the game yesterday and i have to say, im really confused? the account is f2p the thing im curious about is, if i do a monthly sub, would i get all the features i dont get on FP2? Most of the things on lotro you have to buy from Turbine points, which i dont like. (not raging just learning here)

I also want to ask something else, how is the grouping system? do you get into a lot of groups as you level up? I'm more of a team player so thought i'd ask.

Anyway i started a Elf Hunter, pretty happy with it i guess.. for now anyway, so ya, peace.

If you subscribe you will get many things.

Like SOA regions , access to crafting ,etc

Though for Mines of Moria area / class ,etc you will have to buy even if you subscribe.

Same thing with Mirkwood area / skirmished / dungeons.

And with Rise of Isengard area/ quests / raid and in future dungeons.

There are also some items in store you cannot get in game like cosmetics, some mounts, stat tomes and store-exclusive relics for legendary weapons ,etc.  So even subscribed if you will want it you have to buy it.