Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Unofficial "I hate SOE thread"

Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

Post away your complaints, displeasures, rants, and what not.

stay on topic please.  

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Ahhhh any excuse to post this classic summit clip, CLICK.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

they're greedy >censored<

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

SOE makes poor decisions. Worst of all, when those decisions are made, no one is willing to admit it and fix them, they just plow ahead.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

I would like to see more information about EQ Next. Cant say that I hate the fact they havnt released much about it though.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by Scambug

Originally posted by Troneas

stay on topic please.  

Hating SOE is getting a little old and it has served its purpose: SOE is now in the gutter where it belongs.

Maybe it's time we spread the hate on other more deserving companies like Funcom, Blizzard, NCsoft (Korea) and all the other sad little money grubbers that constitute this dying branch of the video gaming industry.

LOL. There ya go. There should be pletny of hate to go around.......

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Dont know whether its SOE or Smedley I hate most.

I get the impression that Smedley keeps making really stupid, poor decisions and everyone surrounding him is a "yes man" so the whole company just continues with Smedleys rubbish ideas. The sooner the board realise this and get rid of Smedley, the sooner they can get back to making quality mmo's

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Hating SOE is soooo last decade. Time to get over it and move on already.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I wonder what MMO companies you guys do like? Bioware so far right? Until SWTOR comes out and you start complaining about that game and say Bioware is SOE part 2!!!!

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Oh sure I hate SOE.

They'll soon give me more reasons to.

They'll turn EQ2 live servers into EQ2X mode , disallowing choice people have atm. Mark my words. It will be done in next 6-12 months.

So yeah SOE is on priority hate list for me , well they can maybe try to redeem themselves if they fire Smeadley and most of higher managment in SOE and totally reconsider their strategy, community and consumer interaction and support.

They would have to stop killing good games like SWG and Vanguard with stupid decisions...

But yeah , SOE is not only really bad one.

Activision-Blizzard is as bad as SOE.

Funcom , Cryptic and gPotato don't fall behind much as well...

Originally posted by Fendel84M

I wonder what MMO companies you guys do like? Bioware so far right? Until SWTOR comes out and you start complaining about that game and say Bioware is SOE part 2!!!!

Used to like many of them ,but since many of them are going downwards with their bad business practices ,greed and double dipping not many left.

If I would have to choose Arena.net and Trion are ok atm.

For smaller companies hmm Winch Gate that operate Ryzom.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

stay on topic please.  

Hating SOE is getting a little old and it has served its purpose: SOE is now in the gutter where it belongs.

Nah, while in the gutter, they need to be peed on and set on fire...then we're getting close to where they should be :)

• pirateshakepirateshake Member Posts: 43

I hate SOE one time while playing SWG i had to pee so bad they made me pee out my window.. Oh wait that was my fault. . . Well i still hate SOE

• kain6993kain6993 Member UncommonPosts: 27

I hate SoE for leaving Vanguard the way they did. They accepted the contract to take it over and we are still waiting on them to "Take it over" Its a down right shame.  I think they have too much on their plate and cannot cover all they have taken on,

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Gravarg

stay on topic please.  

Nah, while in the gutter, they need to be peed on and set on fire...then we're getting close to where they should be :)

That's going to be difficult. If you pee on them first...very hard to set them on fire. If you set them on fire first....then you will extinguish the fire when you pee on them. I feel you must choose one or the other, evolve/mutate to the point where you can piss gasoline or , at the least, pick two forms of punishment that won't cancel eachother out.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I don't hate them.

But disappointed in their inability to just admit they made a mistake with SWG-nge and to make amends for it.  They wanted money, many of us wanted a classic SWG server.  Sounded like a win/win situation to me that they were too shortsighted and prideful to bring about.

• motersmoters Member UncommonPosts: 73

kinda dislike soe probley hate ncsoft more due to tabula rasa also hate lucas arts for approving nge.

This discussion has been closed.