Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 beta already hacked ?

2»

Comments

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Originally posted by Picklebeast

Originally posted by tawess

Originally posted by Picklebeast

I have no idea about the speed hacking, but there has been a working Torrent for the last week of Diablo 3 beta complete with a way to set up your own online server... Lets just say that a little birdie told me that this torrent works, the game sucks and It couldnt have happened to a "nicer" company.

Enjoy the online cash auctions since that is the focul point of the game and what the game was written around. 

Now this is a prime example of clueless.

Do you know WHY they are going to have a "online cash auctionhouse"... Letäs put it this way... Diablo was one of the games that showed that cash shops could work and that people was willing to pay for pixels... And this was all run by the players... with scamming (both real and of in-game items) running amuck.

So the logical thing to do is to secure the trading and protect ones customers... Simple is it not.

As to if the game is good or not, well every one have an opinion.

THIS is an example of clueless....

The online AH IS the focal point of the game. This is not to help protect the consumer but rather to TAX the consumer and make more money on taxed items than on box sales...This isnt to protect you folks.

EQ2 did something similar on certain servers (allowing players to sell Gold and items legally through SOE- Of coarse SOE gt a fee per transaction)- Unfortuanatly th Gold sellers bypassed the official route and cut out the middleman. To this day it is far cheaper to buy Gold from the Gold sellers directly than on the "secure" marketplace. 

I often wonder when all these gamers actually began their gaming hobbies.  I'll illuminate this for you, since apparently you have never played Diablo 1 or 2.  In Diablo 1 and 2, third party transactions in the form of leveling characters and items took place on a regular basis.  Essentially, companies or groups of people with no affiliation to Blizzard or Blizzards clients were profitting on something that wasn't theirs in the first place.  I don't imagine you would be all that thrilled in someone doing this to something you created, now would you?

Now I fully understand that Blizzard has found a way to tax these transactions.  However, you need to fully understand and accept the fact that these RMT's were happening long before Diablo 3 or even Diablo 1.  This happened as far back as I can remember to Ultima Online.  Just because this is the first auction house built in a game for these transactions, it doesn't mean that it's the first time it's happened.  They are localizing and attempting to control piracy of their belongings by allowing the players to benefit from it, as well as themselves.  Again, this has been going on for a very long time.   Gold is almost meaningless in Diablo games, so selling gold won't really work.  Diablo has been all about the items, and if millions of players are putting items on the AH, the prices will go down so far that it would actually be a nuissance to go anywhere other than the IN GAME AH.  See what I did there?

In my opinion, saying this game is built around something that it clearly isn't...is just immature.  You're either trolling or you're actually the one in need of a clue.  Hopefully I have provided you with, at least, a clue.

Now as far as hacking goes.  I'm glad it was caught now.  This is what beta is for.  No game or company is hack proof.  You'd think with the billions of dollars that the government has, they would never get hacked.  RIGHT? Right...

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

There is going to be hacking. There is going to be bots. There is going to be stolen accounts. There is going to be people crying over their real money that gets lost or stolen. There is going to be people that are oblivious to the fact that it will happen.

Face it, if it doesn't happen, it's because the game is worthless. If the game is good, crap will happen all the time.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ErgoProxyDecayErgoProxyDecay Member UncommonPosts: 1,499

imagine how many diablo 3 players there will be, say 11million and blizzard takes just a couple cents from each without them even knowing, thats some nice shopping money for blizzard. so sometimes i think and believe they hack themselves and blame it on others. :)

"Basking in your hatred... Feels quite nice." - Raven
  • thegypsykingthegypsyking Member Posts: 8

To everyone freaking out about a speed hacker--please be at ease.  Speed hacking is literally one of the easiest "hacks" to do in an MMORPG, but you don't see it often because it is also one of the easiest to detect.  You can increase your movement speed in every major MMO on the market right now, but you won't be holding onto your account for long if you use it.  

Hackers go to great lengths to get into beta so that they can witness the level of detection a game has and Blizzard isn't new to this scene.  

Place Ad Here

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by thegypsyking

To everyone freaking out about a speed hacker--please be at ease.  Speed hacking is literally one of the easiest "hacks" to do in an MMORPG, but you don't see it often because it is also one of the easiest to detect.  You can increase your movement speed in every major MMO on the market right now, but you won't be holding onto your account for long if you use it.  

Hackers go to great lengths to get into beta so that they can witness the level of detection a game has and Blizzard isn't new to this scene.  

It is still worrying. The real money auction house means that Blizz needs to nip this in the bud, or it will cost them a lot.

Cheating when stuff cost real money blows.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

We don't know to what extent, it any blizzard are monitoring hacks/cheats in the beta right now so assuming the worst is jumping the gun a ltitle, plus if they operate their bans etc as they do in WoW then don't expect players to ge banned on the spot.

To clear up some miss-information on other posts.

Yes there is a torrent of the beta client, but it wont get you into the game without your bnet account being flagged for D3 beta access.  but if you enjoy starring at the login screen go ahead and download.

Yes there is a offline hack about but all it lets you do and all it will ever let you do is run an around an empty world, no NPC's, no Mobs, Boss, loots, quests etc cus thats all stored/streamed on/from Blizzards servers and not stored localy on a client machine.  Much like WoW's map viewer where you can load up the zones and fly around in them.

Bnet security, Bnet is as secure as you choose it to be, choose a dumb password, get key logged, share your details, fall for phishing scams... thats all on us not Blizzard.  If Blizzard were ever hacked we'd know about it.

• CzelawCzelaw Member UncommonPosts: 173

How is this a suprise....with there track record your foolish if you think blizz  cares about your personal id safty.