Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eden Eternal: A Fun Time Sink

2»

Comments

• uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Few RMT spam now and i never seen bots.
    Ee is not original? Well, tell me an original PvE/themepark big MMO? Not LOTRO, not WoW, not mostly (i cannot play all MMO :p) of them. The only one is Lineage, maybe a little FFXI, then photocopy games with mountly fee.
    It' boring after lvl 35? Yes, it's, but you can do lotta thing. And, trust me, this game is guild oriented, don't play it without guild.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by DeaThS0ul

I've been playing this game for quite a long, and its a very reasonable game, "easy" to play, the social life in it is awesome and the gameplay is quite good, to be honest,  from my experience in MMO's this one is one of the most enjoyable games i've played, because of it simplicity, and the graphics are quite good too.

@elocke ; the double window box is to separate the chat from the items and experiece you gain, because in most of games there is only one box where you see the chat and system stuff and sometimes it can be quite confusing, in this case its separated to simplify the chat and sytem reading.

Ive never played a game that doesnt allow you to create separate windows for chat, exp, combat etc and in addition change the color of certain responses, is this just something that is a cool new feature in F2P games?

Maybe I misunderstood the original question.

• carrie01carrie01 Member Posts: 77

The reviewer did not mention the guild towns system nor did they mention the BP system in combat. I think the game should have received a higher innovation score but apparently the reviewer just completely ignored some features.

http://wiki.aeriagames.com/edeneternal/index.php?title=Break_Point_(B.P.)_System 

http://wiki.aeriagames.com/edeneternal/index.php?title=Guilds_and_Eden_Eternal_(Guild_Towns

Favorites: Vanguard SOH, Final Fantasy XI, Dungeons and Dragons Online

Future:
    Final Fantasy XIV 2.0
    EverQuest NEXT
    Wizardry Online
    Vanguard F2P edition (fingers crossed)

http://vgrpgblog.blogspot.com/

• Tingtong1Tingtong1 Member UncommonPosts: 22

I played this game hardcore for 1.5months and managed to get banned/unbanned 5 times in that timeframe. Aeria Games has no idea on how to treat customers. Their game was filled with bots, and they release statted cash shop costumes like (10% Crit rate)  to milk their customers every week. On top of that they would be in lotto boxes with a very RARE chance of even getting the statted costume. (Some claiming to spend $500 on boxes to only get level 10 mana potions) The only nice part about the game was that the cash shop items were tradeable. I collected them and got banned for doing just that. I played the auction house and was constantly getting banned because of the gold transactions. [GM]Tactics said I had been "duping" items in their shoutbox. They also manipulated posts I made on their forums to discredit me as a "duper" who cheated when all I did was NOT pay and play the economy to my advantage. You can read the FULL story on my blog, but my advise is to STAY AWAY from this game before your get too invested like I did. 

http://aeriagamestruth.blogspot.com/

• JuggerzJuggerz Member UncommonPosts: 76

i couldnt agree more with the review, mediocre is deff the best word for it.

• BonchonBonchon Member Posts: 11

Now matter how crap a game is, as long as those companies are willing to spend out more money, this trend of not so good games will always continue. 

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

The thing that really put me off about this game is how op the bard was and probably still is.  Sure it was fun at first, I really enjoyed being bard but then it just got pretty boring after that and everyone was being bard just because its so easy to play.

imageimage

• lime_odysseylime_odyssey Member Posts: 3

It's not really fair to compare F2P with subscription MMOs....

• Emnity333Emnity333 Member Posts: 1

Nothing to see here. Generic F2P with 1 feature that makes it SLIGHTLY diffrent from the rest. The ability to change classes on the fly. This compltly removs any identity you would have in the game as EVERYONE can be any class. I hate this game, and after 10+ years of MMO gaming Im sick of these shitty f2p games.

Please God, let this game burn. Let Aeira games burn. Let Gpotato burn.  Let ALL these stupid f2p cesspools burn. (aside from Nexon for making vindictus and Dragon Nest).

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Think that's the one my kid is currently playing.  I've heard good things (but he gives glowing reviews to games he plays for two weeks and then abandons, he's just that age).

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• machonacho8machonacho8 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    At first, Eden Eternal's class system seemed promising, the breaking points and rare monster achievements seemed something to excite about and the alpaca mount was a funny mount to look at.. but then came the massive grinding fest for both character and class xp. Around lvl 40 it became just repeatable quests that gave 1% xp and with only around 10 of them a day. The crafting was alright until lvl 30, the archive system was a cool approach for gearing up toons, but after lvl 30 it wasn't worth it. Great F2P mmo until lvl 40 unless your ready for some hardcore tedious grinding.