Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Red 5 & Webzen End Legal Dispute

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Red 5 Studios and Webzen have reached an agreement that effectively ends the legal wrangling over Firefall, currently in development by Red 5.

Under the terms of the agreement, Webzen will be compensated by Red 5 for funds already spent on Firefall's development. In addition, Webzen will share in profits from Firefall for a limited amount of time. Lastly, Webzen has relinquished any publishing and marketing rights to Firefall in any region.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I didn't even realize that a legal dispute had ocurred.

Good to know, thanks for the update.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by SBFord

Lastly, Webzen has relinquished any publishing and marketing rights to Firefall in any region.

Thank goodness. Nothing could have ruined the game than if Webzen had ended up publishing it They like their games to have cash shops filled to spilling point with stat enhancing items.

• steelfrenzysteelfrenzy Member Posts: 147

I realize this doesn't really contribute to the conversation in any way, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Webzen is shit. Absolute shit. Thank god Red 5 has washed their hands of them.

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

haha  that right red-5  kick the commies right where it hurts!   the wallet lol.

It..Burns..

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Good to hear this.  Yes, Webzen is garbage, and I am glad to see that Red5 will not be using them to publish the game.  Still looking forward to Firefall!

• SamsusSamsus Member UncommonPosts: 4

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but it sounds like Webzen won this to me. I will have to agree that webzen is crap though and i think it was only for korea or something like that.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Happy to hear this.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by Collider

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but it sounds like Webzen won this to me. I will have to agree that webzen is crap though and i think it was only for korea or something like that.

No they lose (or a draw win-win agreement for both). While they might still get some profit from there investments, but I doubt it would be as big if they would have kept the publishing/marketing rights and what not. Red5  got what it wanted and that is Webzen out of there lives, pretty sure they realised they had to pay the money back anyway.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

can I sue Red 5 for taking my old screen name from MUDs from the 80s lol (Starwars nerds know what Red 5 stands for :))

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

GREAT NEWS!

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• BigCaliGuruBigCaliGuru Member UncommonPosts: 103

Cant believe the hype is so low on this game. Its cool that they settled, but I want in already damn it.