Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not let them fool you, this game is 120% pay for power.

2»

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by mrmeloni

Almost every single way of improving your character/pet is done with items bought from the cash shop. I know many who have spent thousands of dollars (each) on this game.

Upgrading is also chance based, all of it. To make an uber pet will cost you about 800 dollars, or much more if you get unlucky.

Sounds like you

1) play with not only the 10% that spend money on the game but the 2% of that 10% that spends abnormally high amounts.

2) have friends with crappy luck or are just regurgitating talking points

For every person that's spends 800 there are about 48-50 that are spending about 5-10 dollars a month and  about 450-500 that aren't spending anything.

If you don't believe me, ask your friends to show you their induction lists. Based on the crowd your in, the numbers will be slightly higher, but not by much.

If anyone here wants some great starter gear for BoI on the Poseidon server, CLICK HERE for a key to get the items and instructions how to redeem them.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Originally posted by Mazin

I really can't understand the mindset of individuals that would do this.

There was a guy in a game called ERupublik that spent over $15g's to get power.  That's just retarded.

I don't quite get it either. If they have that kind of money to spend, then more power to them. Maybe I have a poor man's mentality, but I'd take that $15k, spend $60 on a game and the rest on a car or a down payment on a house (maybe even invest it).

• gryphon93gryphon93 Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by ninjinkai506

Originally posted by Mazin

I really can't understand the mindset of individuals that would do this.

There was a guy in a game called ERupublik that spent over $15g's to get power.  That's just retarded.

I don't quite get it either. If they have that kind of money to spend, then more power to them. Maybe I have a poor man's mentality, but I'd take that $15k, spend $60 on a game and the rest on a car or a down payment on a house (maybe even invest it).

Where in the world is 15K enough for a car or a down payment on a house? Please let me know and I'll move there.

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180

if he means $15,000....that's plenty of money for car/down payment.

• Originally posted by Dominionlord

if he means $15,000....that's plenty of money for car/down payment.

I did mean $15,000.00. Not only that, but not everyone buys a brand new house or a brand new car. LOTSA foreclosed homes out there (across the U.S.) that banks would likely take less than that as a down payment (That's just off of things I've heard and that I cannot verify). That's all off-topic, of course, and for more info, please visit google.com.

On the flip side, you could also buy 250 different $60 games...that just seems  like it could, perhaps, offer a lot more fun and enjoyment than dropping it all on one p2w title. Then again, like before...to each, his own and more power to them if that's what makes them happy.

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445

Why not go buy an account to a decent game??? Spend a grand and you can have a top notch toon on just about any p2p game.