Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conquer Online: iPad Version Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Conquer Online team has announced that its very popular martial arts MMO is soon to be available on Apple's iPad. To celebrate the impending release, the team has released a trailer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• norbigombanorbigomba Member Posts: 1

Hmm not bad. Maybe this is the future. Phones and Tablet PCs getting stronger and stronger. I would like to see more mmoprg relase to this kind of devices.

-

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Very interesting... the only problem I foresee with MMORPGs on tablets is the controls.

However, action-MMOs? As in point and click Diablo-clones with an MMO function... that I'd like to see.

Torchlight the MMO on the iPad maybe?  :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• gryphon93gryphon93 Member Posts: 68

Nice claim in the video, but this isn't the FIRST F2P MMORPG on the iPad.

OrderChaos, Pocket Legends, and Celtic Heroes have been out for a while now. All MMORPGs.

Originally posted by BillMurphy

Very interesting... the only problem I foresee with MMORPGs on tablets is the controls.

However, action-MMOs? As in point and click Diablo-clones with an MMO function... that I'd like to see.

Torchlight the MMO on the iPad maybe?  :)

It's actually quite easy to use "virtual" sticks on each side of the screen. Try OrderChaos and you'll see how easy it is to get used to the controls.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by gryphon93

OrderChaos, Pocket Legends, and Celtic Heroes have been out for a while now. All MMORPGs.

Again these might fit your definition of a MMO, but not for many of the rest of us.  

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Originally posted by gryphon93

Again these might fit your definition of a MMO, but not for many of the rest of us.  

Just because they don't ft into your definition doesn't make them something other than MMOs either. Games like Order Chaos have all the features of a standard MMO: quests, crafting, PvP, parties, guilds, trading...what exactly doesn't make it an MMO?

Oh right, it's on the iPad ad I'll bet you don't like iPads. Move along, scooter.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Bill,

Problem is, the Torchlight community are pushing for it on the iPad but the coding wouldn't allow as I recall.

@Ozmodan

Just because it doesn't fit YOUR definition.. iPad is very quickly releasing contenders and are furthering the MMO cause.  Whether you care for them or not (shrug).  A game released on the iPad is about 1000x more likely to hit big than an indie developer launching on a PC.  Like it or not tablets have a HUGE market.

Just in my house there are 2 iPad 2's and 1 original iPad.  Thanks to Splashtop, my computer often sits unused because I can VPN in.  Games are coming out specifically to fill the void and for a buck or 2 I can have a game to keep me occupied for a week or 2.  Compare that to the 50 you pay for a 20-30 hr game on the PC (60 for consoles).

Gryph is right too.  There are PLENTY of MMO's on the tablet market right now in varying states.  Some are better/more complete than others but I think these fore-runners are proving the concept before the bigger boys follow through with biger ideas.

• manathegiantmanathegiant Member Posts: 1

Doesn't Order and Chaos cost like $7? I don't consider that completely free-to-play at all. And others charge a few dollars a month on iPad. :

I'm excited to see the house/marriage system in play, a nice thing to take a break with after a long day's worth of PvPin'.