Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Explore the Galaxy in 3D

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Star Wars: The Old Republic devs have sent word that a new interactive 3D map of the galaxy has been added to the Holonet on the official site.

The map gives players a chance to check out each of the five known sectors of the galaxy, 3D models of player ships and planet profiles.

Check it out on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

Starship section is cool.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Oh, wait gotta pull the WoW Card on this one too.

This looks so much like WoW.

/gasp

This actually looks really good. 3 more months!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • HorActiHorActi Member Posts: 33

not impressed...

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

yay!! loved it, they almost made me pre order it.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I think this was one of the better updates. Love 3d interactive pages and the music was awesome. Liked looking at the details of the starships too. It's these little polished things that has me believing that this game is going to be awesome.

There Is Always Hope!

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Pretty damn spiffy. Gives me hope that maybe a fully rounded space game will be added to SWTOR some day.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Very cool update! I really liked it. That is two for two. Last week the fantastic companion stuff and this week this map. You can tell they are ramping for launch now.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

SEXEH!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• PadmeAmPadmeAm Member Posts: 26
    Spitting great info for the next 2,5 months will be difficult but since we are near launch every piece of info they release now is awsome.

This info came as a surprise although thinking about it we all seemed to have forgotten to think about a Galaxy Map... I am still curious about character creation... Ah well, maybe a nice idea for next week? :P
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Oh that was fun! It was as if a first, tiny piece of game was coming to me! Wonderful. I explored it with childlike glee, hovering over planets ("Put it on screen!") and playing with starships. Wroom wroooom! :D

Fun! ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Looks great and so many more worlds than I was expecting

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

3D is a gimick. It doesn't really improve anything over stella artwork and can just look bad in digital media. It's an excuse for people to charge and extra $1000 bucks on a TV or computer system I guess, but nobody really wants it. Their is an inital novelty in digital media using it....a year or two later people aren't into it anymore since the novelty has gone. Nothing new anyway since it dates back to the last century.

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

Awesome. Better than this, only if it were trully 3D.

Men, they're really getting me hyped!

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Bioware goes where  no one was before. Epic and i have some Mass Effect feeling . They realy try to cover every aspect of the game. Amazing and nice work

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by palulalula

Bioware goes where  no one was before. Epic and i have some Mass Effect feeling . They realy try to cover every aspect of the game. Amazing and nice work

I agree.  It made me think of Mass Effect as well.

• TerminatusTerminatus Member Posts: 104

Be honest... what it really made ya think was... "WoW Clone!!!" ;)

Afterall, smart ppl knows that Everything is a WoW Clone :p

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Actualy I saw it and recognised it as the milkyway and thought "They cloned the galaxy map on NASA's website, it's a NASA clone!!!!!".

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Agricola1

Actualy I saw it and recognised it as the milkyway and thought "They cloned the galaxy map on NASA's website, it's a NASA clone!!!!!".

LOL. So true. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert