Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars: The Complete Collection Giveaway!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hot on the heels of our Guild Wars 2 Charr plushie giveaway, NCsoft and MMORPG.com have partnered up to give away 20 digital copies of Guild Wars: The Complete Collection.

The Guild Wars: Complete Collection grants access to all the Guild Wars campaigns (Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall) as well as the Eye of the North expansion. Additionally, players will have access to 8 character slots, 4 Xunlai Storage Panes, the M.O.X. PvE hero (and quest), as well as all the goodies included with the Guild Wars: Game of the Year edition and Guild Wars: 2008 Upgrade.

Like our Charr plushie giveaway, the contest rules are simple:

WHEN: Now! Entries will be accepted until 9AM EST on Monday, October 3. We'll pick winners on Tuesday, October 4.

HOW: Follow us @MMORPGcom on Twitter.  Then tweet us @MMORPGcom and tell us what you want most in your Hall of Monuments. Make sure to use the hashtag #Monumental in your message.

Winning entries will be selected by staff and contacted via direct message on Twitter with instructions on how to redeem their prize.

Find out more about the Guild Wars: Complete Collection over at the official Guild Wars Wiki.

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Great giveaway! If you ever thought about picking up the original series but just didn't want to invest the money into it...this is your chance! Best game I have ever played. 6 years and counting...

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    And for those who loathe the Twitter and the Book of Face? Fear not, we have stuff lined up for you in the coming weekends. I promise.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

I don't really like the hall of monuments idea.

I never played GW1. However, am interested in GW2. Although fluff items, I'll be missing out since I never played GW1.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

How much is this item worth nowdays anyway?

I got mine 3~ years ago from sale for 5€ lol.

Anyway, what makes GW1 such a great game is the fact that it requires no dedication what-so-ever, I can just go and play it if I have nothing else to do.

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by precious328

I don't really like the hall of monuments idea.

I never played GW1. However, am interested in GW2. Although fluff items, I'll be missing out since I never played GW1.

You don't like the fact that fans of the first game gain cosmetic rewards in the second game? If they would provide an advantage I'd agree but this? Besides, you can still pick up the game and start working on HoM, plenty of time left.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Which is also kind of the point of the contest. ;)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SemanasSemanas Member Posts: 1
    I don't think you have much to worry about. I think the items are going to be much more cool than powerful.
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Another contest that I want to take part in, but won't because I don't use Twitter.

I hope Twitter isn't going to be the new outlet for giveaways and contests because those of us who don't use it, or don't want to use it, are being blackballed out of participating.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I second that, I do NOT like twitter and only use facebook to keep track of what the kids are doing, don't post on either because no matter what you say on either it will eventually come back at you.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Bleh.  More twit pandering.

• criscoduck09criscoduck09 Member UncommonPosts: 6

So much love for guild wars and mmorpg.com

So much hate for facebook and twitter.

Bring on the next contest!

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517

Originally posted by Unlight

Bleh.  More twit pandering.

^This.    WTF guys?  Twitter doesn't need anymore promotion.   Why can't us long time MMORPG members register HERE ON MMORPG? 

Was this another one of Regina's derpy hipster ideas??

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Please no more twitter contests

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Kost

Another contest that I want to take part in, but won't because I don't use Twitter.

I hope Twitter isn't going to be the new outlet for giveaways and contests because those of us who don't use it, or don't want to use it, are being blackballed out of participating.

We still have tons of contests running all the time as you can see on the front page. We'll do things on the forums as well.

• h4rdw1r3dh4rdw1r3d Member Posts: 1

Yep. I registered just now only to tell you I'm not going to tweet. Luring us with other tidbits not on twitter... meh. I'd like another copy of the game but fah-get about it.

• teh.f4ll3nteh.f4ll3n Member Posts: 10

Gah... Twatter! Next competition

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by BillMurphy

And for those who loathe the Twitter and the Book of Face? Fear not, we have stuff lined up for you in the coming weekends. I promise.

Yea. Please reconsider using Twitter / Facebook , really It is anoying to require those for giveaways & contests.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Anyone using tweeter isn't cool enough to play Guild Wars. Because I say so. Who am I? I'm Jinxxed0...yo.

• ammoniteammonite Member Posts: 113

Tweeter!  Eurgh......  I suddenly feel sick.

• Vlad_TepesVlad_Tepes Member Posts: 47

Thanks again for the contest. 

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

What ever happened to no purchase necesary? Yes twitter says it's free, but those bastards take your soul! I will never ever ever join twitter, and with the upcoming FB changes I'm pretty sure I'm leaving that soon too. (Check them out here) I appreciate some of your contests, but most of them aren't 3 days only,  even more of them are stuff I'm just not interested in, and none with worthwhile prizes ever have 20 prizes! I've wanted this game for awhile, and yes I can afford it, but free would be much better! Damn twitter...if you send a message it's not a tweet; you are a twit.

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805

Man, some people will cry about anything.  It's a chance to win a game, and ALL of it's expansions.  Just because you don't want to use twitter you won't at least sign up and give it a chance?  QQ some more, your tears are my lubrication.  I on the other hand, am totally going to try and win!

I like to complain about games.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Ridrith

Man, some people will cry about anything.  It's a chance to win a game, and ALL of it's expansions.  Just because you don't want to use twitter you won't at least sign up and give it a chance?  QQ some more, your tears are my lubrication.  I on the other hand, am totally going to try and win!

So you QQ about other people QQ'ing? lol

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Originally posted by fenistil

Originally posted by Ridrith

So you QQ about other people QQ'ing? lol

as do you (and me)

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Someone mind explaining why these stupid "sign up/friend/like us!" type contests and giveaways even exist? What is the purpose of other sites using/promoting twitter and facebook.. everywhere is doing it..

I just don't get why outsourcing the buzz generated by such contests goes to another site besides the one hosting the contest, and asking them to use and sign up to somewhere else..

Unless.. there must be money involved here somewhere lol.